The Random Football Thread - Topic changed many times already!

Re: Argentina-England! PEKERMAN!!! :|

Look both of them have thwir good days and their bad days. Ive seen Ronaldo get the better of Cole and ive seen Cole treat him as though hes playing against a school kid.
On Englands performance, we were never outplayed. Argentina played the more beautiful football granted but we ourselves created enough chances to warrant a win and took them.
It was on paper a friendly but try telling that to the supporters, players and coaching staff on both sides who were over ecstatic at each goal that went in.

lol ronaldo actually stated in the match magazine uk that his toughest opponent has been ashley cole, but who can forget the battle of ot c-ro had ashley that day viera kept coming back to help ashley, but then again at euro 2004 he had ronaldo and since then i wud say ronaldo has had the better since !!!

baack to the game it was just a friendly lol but really u just have to admit argentina have a better chance of winning the world cup they are simply better than england.

but then again england have in wayne rooney a talent so good that he might carry england to the promise land (the semis).

i guess we will all change our opinions of the teams again during the next friendly.

If they are simply better then they should simply be winning these matches especially after taking the lead twice.

Alucard said:
Fa cup semi final 2004 Arsenal v Man utd. Last two premiership matches ronaldo had cole for breakfast! Only time cole had ronaldo in his pocket was game at Euro2004 England v portugal.

Arsenal and Manure didn't play in the 2004 FA Cup final. They did play in the 2005 FA Cup final though, and Ronaldo out played Lauren, not Cole. Last 2 premiership matches? Ronaldo was pathetic in the first half he played against Ash at Highbury, and had to switch sides before he became effective. The game where Manure cheated Arsenal out of their unbeaten run, Ronaldo did nothing for the entire game and barely got out of his own half until Arsenal were forced to attack after Manure's cheating.

LIONEL MESSI is already better then some of thise guys u talkin about.....give him 2 more years and hell be better than everybody!!!!

:) AND MARADONNA FOR COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashely Cole is the answer to out left side problems. Its never really been a problem. The only problem has been sven's teamsheets.

Peter Eyres said:
Ashely Cole is the answer to out left side problems. Its never really been a problem. The only problem has been sven's teamsheets.

Joe Cole has been one of our best players latley and should of started yesterday

Zygalski said:
Great match, ok performance by England and great result \\:o/
I wonder if it will make any difference to the rankings or world cup seedings.

For anyone interested in stats:

A lot of bitter England-haters in this thread. I'll leave you all to it.

Looking at them stats, it would appear england dominated.

10 - 19 shots

0.5% differnce possesion

didnt realise we had so many shots.

I still cant believe Owen out jumped Crouch for that goal. Just as well really, it woulda finished 2-2.

pk9 said:
lol ronaldo actually stated in the match magazine uk that his toughest opponent has been ashley cole, but who can forget the battle of ot c-ro had ashley that day viera kept coming back to help ashley, but then again at euro 2004 he had ronaldo and since then i wud say ronaldo has had the better since !!!

Error pk9.

Ashley has always had the better over C Ron which is why they always play him against Lauren when the face Arsenal. C Ron starts on the right, but is not effective against cole so they always move him to the left.

Ashley Cole has always got the better of Ronaldo. And this is down to the fact that Cole is one of the only players in the Premiership that is fast enough to keep up with him and also because Cole is also an attacker which helps him read Ronaldo's game.
I dont think Ronaldo could stand much of a chance against someone like Roberto Carlos either.

And I'm a big fan of Ronaldo so I'm not biased.

Mikey said:
Arsenal and Manure didn't play in the 2004 FA Cup final. They did play in the 2005 FA Cup final though, and Ronaldo out played Lauren, not Cole. Last 2 premiership matches? Ronaldo was pathetic in the first half he played against Ash at Highbury, and had to switch sides before he became effective. The game where Manure cheated Arsenal out of their unbeaten run, Ronaldo did nothing for the entire game and barely got out of his own half until Arsenal were forced to attack after Manure's cheating.

When i did i say '2004 cup final'? read again and you see i said SEMI FINAL! Damn are you that lazy you cant read sentences correctly. Anyway im sure ronaldo scored at higbury and made an assist which i think is far away from being pathetic regardless on whether he switch sides with ryan giggs. And how did man Utd cheat out arsenal out of their unbeaten run? did UTD buy the scoreline or pay arsenal to lose the game on purpose. Correct me if im wrong but im sure the scoreline was 2-0, now how do you cheat by scoring two goals and keep the opposition from scoring?!. Lol get over it man utd beat arsenal twice last season and outplayed them in the FINAL (which they should of won)so stop your petty whining about cheating please.

Alucard said:
When i did i say '2004 cup final'? read again and you see i said SEMI FINAL! Damn are you that lazy you cant read sentences correctly. Anyway im sure ronaldo scored at higbury and made an assist which i think is far away from being pathetic regardless on whether he switch sides with ryan giggs. And how did man Utd cheat out arsenal out of their unbeaten run? did UTD buy the scoreline or pay arsenal to lose the game on purpose. Correct me if im wrong but im sure the scoreline was 2-0, now how do you cheat by scoring two goals and keep the opposition from scoring?!. Lol get over it man utd beat arsenal twice last season and outplayed them in the FINAL (which they should of won)so stop your petty whining about cheating please.

Fine, semi final then. I didn't see it, so I can't comment on it. Ronaldo was pathetic in the first half against Arsenal at Highbury. He had to be switched from the right, to play on the left because Cole was making him his bitch like usual.

How did Manure cheat Arsenal out of their unbeaten run? Shrek diving for the penalty, which forced Arsenal to attack, which lead to Manure's second goal on the counter. Arse were clearly the better team before Manure had to cheat their way to the win. Let's not forget Rio, The Horse should've been sent off in the first half, and Gary Neville kicked Reyes for the entire match and could have easily got 2 yellows.

RuneEdge said:
Ashley Cole has always got the better of Ronaldo. And this is down to the fact that Cole is one of the only players in the Premiership that is fast enough to keep up with him and also because Cole is also an attacker which helps him read Ronaldo's game.
I dont think Ronaldo could stand much of a chance against someone like Roberto Carlos either.

And I'm a big fan of Ronaldo so I'm not biased.

Finally, a United fan who admits to Cole always making Ronnie his bitch.

DB10 said:
Joe Cole has been one of our best players latley and should of started yesterday

Hmmm, I agree, he's a great talent, but he still cuts in too much. Ashely Cole is great going foward, naturally plays on the left, and has a left foot. Joe Cole would be better in the middle, as he's the closest we have to a creative playmaker.

Regarding England's midfield

---------Parker

Beckham----Lampard

--------Gerrard

I think we should play with this personally.

rockykabir said:
Portugal-England 2004?

To deny Cole as a good player is just foolhardy. Neil Lennon for European Player of the Year!

WOW u hit it on the nail there , can u add in some sectarian abuse to the poor guy aswell and parade him for his good heart to mankind.

errm m8 what I was tryin to imply is that eventually, you will always stick by your roots. Wherever we are, we will always believe that our league/players are the best. I was browsing a couple of football forums and there was talk of how some players in the SPL could easily be in top European clubs. Yet to us, the EPL supporters, that seems ridiculous.

However, in saying that, we always talk about the SPL being the ultimate of two horse races yet we forget to look at ourselves and see how ManU/Arsenal have dominated (before Chelsea came along that is) - the same can arguably be said for those who support Serie A and La Liga.

The fact is, this thread has become a place for random remarks which have no relevance to the matter in hand. It was a friendly ffs. The game was not dominated by either team. Its was an exciting match with plenty of action. England can't be ruled as WC faves now. Argentina aren't a world apart as everyone says (times have changed - remember they lost a couple of qualifying matches prior to this).

;)

Mikey said:
How did Manure cheat Arsenal out of their unbeaten run? Shrek diving for the penalty, which forced Arsenal to attack, which lead to Manure's second goal on the counter.

:lmao:

Right, so Rooney dived for the penalty (blame the ref for a poor decision), therefore forcing Arsenal to attack, which lead to the second goal. That was how they cheated?! Damn, a lot of football matches must be just one big cheat, I mean scoring and forcing your opponent to attack to try and get back into the game, then using that to your advantage and scoring again, what a cheat! How dare they!

Mikey, you're not coming off very well in this thread at all, you cant seem to manage to have an objective view of anything and your childish name changing method of insulting teams and players just show the kind of intellect involved. How old are you mentally? 12? 14? :roll:

You've got a case of the tinted glasses and the "I'm right, anyone that disagrees is clearly wrong. If I dislike them enough I'll change some letters in their name and make a derogatory word from it, that'll learn 'em".

got to agree with the statement applauding Joe Cole. He made a massive difference when he came on.

Dunno if it was coz the Argentinian players were tired, but he ran rings round them some times. It refreshing to see a player apart from Rooney taking people on.

Also, when Cole did come on the midfield looked awesome. Having Gerrard and Lampard in the centre is the way to go. When the formation went to a flat 4 in midfield Lampard got more into the game and had a couple of good chances.

Saying that, would love to see how well Parker/Carrick would play in the centre.

Dar said:
:lmao:

Right, so Rooney dived for the penalty (blame the ref for a poor decision), therefore forcing Arsenal to attack, which lead to the second goal. That was how they cheated?! Damn, a lot of football matches must be just one big cheat, I mean scoring and forcing your opponent to attack to try and get back into the game, then using that to your advantage and scoring again, what a cheat! How dare they!

Mikey, you're not coming off very well in this thread at all, you cant seem to manage to have an objective view of anything and your childish name changing method of insulting teams and players just show the kind of intellect involved. How old are you mentally? 12? 14? :roll:

You've got a case of the tinted glasses and the "I'm right, anyone that disagrees is clearly wrong. If I dislike them enough I'll change some letters in their name and make a derogatory word from it, that'll learn 'em".

Manure cheated, it was there for all to see. The second goal doesn't happen without the dive. Deny it all you want.

Luis Garcia's goal against Chelsea never happened. Liverpool's CL win doesnt happen without the "goal" that never really existed.
Deny it all you want. Liverpool arent the European Champions.

Mikey said:
Manure cheated, it was there for all to see. The second goal doesn't happen without the dive. Deny it all you want.

I think you'll clearly see I didn't deny anything..... :roll:

Rune has put it quite nicely, but I bet that never crossed your mind, or else you've convinced yourself it did cross the line just because it saves you from having a cheated,plastic trophy.

Let's look at it this way, both decisions involved players cheating, Rooney diving, the Liverpool players claiming a goal surely they had doubts it might not have crossed the line, but who is the unnamed person that is actually responsible....the ref. Guilty in both incidents, and therefore the biggest cheat out of the lot. :applause:

You're showing yourself to be a one eyed, bitter Pool fan, oh sorry, should I say Poo? Is that better? Surely it must, I mean it must be better because it's like I'm showing my dislike for them in such a clever and innovative way........

RuneEdge said:
Luis Garcia's goal against Chelsea never happened. Liverpool's CL win doesnt happen without the "goal" that never really existed.
That's not quite true, they would have continued trying to score for the rest of the game if it never went in, no-one knows what would happen, same as no-one knows what would of happened if Rooney didn't get the penalty, I personally think both teams would have gone on to win anyway.

RuneEdge said:

It was in.

over9yh.jpg

JayM said:
That's not quite true, they would have continued trying to score for the rest of the game if it never went in, no-one knows what would happen, same as no-one knows what would of happened if Rooney didn't get the penalty, I personally think both teams would have gone on to win anyway.

Exactly! I hate it when people always talk about "well if this didn't happen, you guys would have lost" - thats complete BS!

Football, like life, is all based on those little details. Liverpool didn't play to defend a draw. The fact that we got an early goal forced us into a position where we had to defend (especially with the possibility of an away goal). We wanted it more and we got it :D

Mikey said:
It was in.

over9yh.jpg

Haha, the line isn't even in the right place, it's in front of crossbar.

Rocky I agree, you cant say "what if" or "if that didn't happen", otherwise it's not football, or life in general. Unfortunately for every level headed fan their are some that dont quite grasp these concepts and like to continue on the thinking path of "I'm right, everyone else is wrong.

Hahaha, Mikey the scouser using the slightest opportunity to have a pop at us. Greatness.

Back
Top Bottom