The Random Football Thread - Topic changed many times already!

Re: Argentina-England! PEKERMAN!!! :|

*Generic classy Racist comment*
You can't sub Owen, he might do fuck all for 88 mins but the other 2mins he'll stick two away. Crouch's attempted double rugby tackle on the winner was funny as fuck.

Any more of that and it's a temp ban! - Dar.

Last edited by a moderator:

JayM said:
English people over-rate there own player far too much.

The English press do that not the public. We know we have some players that are as good as there are out there, or at least hold there own. And ppl who are saying that England have only one player are listening to the press propaganda and therefore are being hypocritical .Roony is by far one of the best young strikers there is in the world ATM , but hes not the only player we have.Beckham one of the greatest crossers of the ball EVER! Gerrard one of the best box 2 box midfielders there are, Lampard top scorer in the Premiership ATM solid midfielder. A Cole clearly one of the best wing/left backs i the game ATM. Three top class center backs . Now these players contribute a lot towards what England are not just Rooney FFS, he does contribute to the fear factor for other teams but come on we are no one man team.

To the anti England lot tho get it round u!!!!!

Edited just for JAYM

Last edited:

Tho thats bollox what a player, both Real and Barca have shown interest in him , Carlos himself even said hes the only possilbe replacement that could take over from him.

NickSCFC said:
*Generic classy Racist comment*
You can't sub Owen, he might do fuck all for 88 mins but the other 2mins he'll stick two away. Crouch's attempted double rugby tackle on the winner was funny as fuck.

Any more of that and it's a temp ban! - Dar.

I'm interested to know...what did he say? PM me someone

Last edited:

JayM said:
Cole is not a LB, he can't defend for his life. :)

OMG!!! THANK YOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
At last someone has eyes and a brain to match, at last i'm not the only 1 who thinks Ash Cole can't defend, dam rite, he's just good at going forward, and before any1 says, oh he did this and he did this tackle, err... any1 can tackle, but not every1 can defend, cole is rubbish in the air and can't read the game in his own half, i prefer Bridge by a mile, atleast he can defend.

Cole use to play in midfield i think or it was striker i think before he broke into arsenal first team. I always thought it was best idea to have cole on left midfield becuase he isnt the best at the defending sometimes but very good going forward. A fully fit brigde does a better job at left back imo.

Overall a very good game today, people are forgetting this was a friendly and no way does it mean the be all end all for either team. I do think however Argentina played the better football and deserved a draw at least. Its sucks cruz didnt get the penalty, it was blatant but you wont hear nothing about that. If argentina didnt make all the substitutes im sure they would of held on for win. Taking off ayala and riquelme was detrimental.

Btw john motson or whatever his name is bbc commentator loves micheal owen so much im sure he is his love child or something, he was even trying to debate the first half goal he scored was onside, then almost choked himself once owen scored the winner screaming and going on like england were ready to win the world cup.

cole is a good attacking sb but a very weak defensive sb

here are some wingers that have had him for lunch

joaquin
ronaldo
rommedahl
castelen

he is certainly in the top 5 sbs in the world but as i said and agree with people he can be weak defensively

great game 2 day

arge dominated
england took the last 8-9 minutes well
motm riquelme - on a different ball feild

JayM said:
Ronaldo isn't the best winger in the world and he's embarassed Cole multiple times.

No he hasn't. Cole has been making Ronaldo his bitch pretty much every time they've faced each other.

Mikey said:
You watch games in side your head. I can't even remember a game where Ronaldo has had the best of Cole.

Fa cup semi final 2004 Arsenal v Man utd. Last two premiership matches ronaldo had cole for breakfast! Only time cole had ronaldo in his pocket was game at Euro2004 England v portugal.

wonderful game!
england deserves the vic, argentina seems only treated it as usual friendly match. anyway the good thing is pekerman learned what they'll need when roman is not on the field. honestly, i dont think england will go far in WC if they kick like this. definately needs someone like p. ince.

the thing i can't understand is the posts saying argentina dominated game.

First 20 mins yes but second half england had numerous chances, if lampard had chelsea shirt on he would have had a hat trick, rooney could have had a hat trick, all the fancy passing and possesion means nothing if you can't create chances :(

Ronaldo could take on cole easily on every match and he has.

Great match, ok performance by England and great result \\:o/
I wonder if it will make any difference to the rankings or world cup seedings.

For anyone interested in stats:

A lot of bitter England-haters in this thread. I'll leave you all to it.

thanks Zygalski, I don't get all the hatin going on here. Both sides were pretty even which made it so exciting. I think a lot of people are getting carried away as it was a friendly after all - I'm just glad it didn't feel like another waste of 90mins.

My views on England are still the same as they were before the match (and even after the completely different Denmark and N.Ireland matches). If they show up like they did against Argentina, the lads can go all the way.

Having the team is just half of what you need to achieve the best. Maybe this result will help push them on - but it can also be the catalyst to pull them down. I'm just dreading to read all the OTT reports that will come out in the papers :(

I love how people say Ronaldo could have Cole for lunch when its so blatantly the other way around. Cole is one of the best left backs in the world

Back
Top Bottom