1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

The Premiership - Still boring?

Discussion in 'Football' started by Joystick, 5 February 2006.

Still think the Premiership is boring?

1. Nope, what a load of arse that was.

13 vote(s)
    52.0%
  2. Chel$ki are still top aren't they? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

12 vote(s)
    48.0%
  1. Joystick

Joystick Deep like Titanic

10 August 2004
    London
    The Arse
    Remember at the end of last year all the articles and whingeing about the 'boring' premiership? Well Chel$ki may still have an unassailable lead but IMO the quality of games over the last couple of months or so has been the best it's been for years.

The 'mediocre' sides have come out and played this season, producing some quality performances. Perhaps it's more to do with the relative demise of Man Yoo and Arsenal, but the addition of Wigan and West Ham plus a vastly improved Liverpool has made the league a much prettier place. There are also plenty of unsung heroes like Man City and Fulham, who don't always win but certainly play attractive football. Even Villa won 4-0 yesterday.

So, still bored?

2. fd1972uk

fd1972uk ---------------------

9 January 2002
    Glasgow
    Celtic
    [​IMG]

FD

3. P-dogg

P-dogg Waiting for the postman..

9 August 2004
    How can you not mention Spurs?

Their story so far is the most exciting. Fuck Fulham, Man City, Wigan and West Ham.. its all about Spurs.

Oh and I was never bored in the first place.

4. bradley1886

bradley1886 Premiership

6 August 2004
    London
    its been a really odd season, seems to be all over the place at the moment. i wouldn't say its boring right now. and if chelsea are gonna spend so much on players and pretty much tie up the title before the season has even started the least they could do is play some nice footie. i watvhed the match yesterday i really was bored. and these are the best two teams in the league at the moment? man i can't wait until we're back, show them how it's done....again.

5. Joystick

Joystick Deep like Titanic

10 August 2004
    London
    The Arse
    Yeah fair play, the Spuds do deserve a nod. Can't believe they're actually above us, just shows how wank we've been so far :puke:

6. Gedtillo

Gedtillo Mediocentro defensivo

13 July 2004
    Names do not win titles. Teams do. Chelsea wins because it plays as a team. A boring one, but a team.

When we stopped being a team we started to lose titles, no matter which names we signed. Now we're back on the right path to become again a team, but it's not because of new stars but because of a team style and spirit.

7. bradley1886

bradley1886 Premiership

6 August 2004
    London
    money bought that spirit, i'd be smiling on £60,000 a week. their manager has done well, but didn't money get him too? their money brought the football, whereas us and man utd's football brought in the money (well a bit in our case anyway).

8. ninjabreakz

ninjabreakz Guest

The Premiership still produces fantastic matches regardless of who is top. I watched a Serie A match over the weekend (well, 10 minutes of it) and it bored me silly. Still proud of our league! :-)

9. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Turn around, I'm right behind you...
    Manchester United
    And lets leave it at that. ;)