The Postal Strike...

We've just had post, ten minutes ago. Stuff from 12th October (last Friday), and the two games I've ordered aren't there (recorded delivery as well).

12th? I thought they were sending post out in the order they got it in? Still nothing near us, depot was shut when my Dad drove past before. He seen a postie in Widnes though.

In and amongst all this postal strike I ordered a Walkman from play.com and got it the next day! They never do next day delivery, it did have a Parcel Force sticker on it though...

I'm still waiting for my order from HMV, 2 weeks have passed now.

My Walkman was posted on the 10th and I ordered that day also, where did you order from?

ShopTo.net and Gameplay. Both Royal Mail senders, definitely not Parcel Force or anything like that.

If I try and look up the tracking numbers it just says "you can't track something until it is delivered" - handy, that...

My tickets still say "It's On Its Way!" ... erm, no its not. Lazy fuckers. And I want my PGR4 too. They can keep any bills though.

I recently finished a 6 week stint at Royal Mail and all the workers had everything planned out for weeks.

And I got some packages today!

I got some post today from a neighbour, well I say neighbour it's the next road, it was five letters all delivered to the wrong address it's regular, we get theirs too.
My big worry is the house over the road is empty and has been for a while, the old dear is in Hospital. I've got her mail and nothing else twice now, so I wonder if mine is sat in her hallway??
I think we'd all like to think our postworkers are a cross between Tom Hanks ala CastAway and Postman Pat, but in reality they're more likely to be like this scrote....

A thieving postman has been jailed for four months after he admitted hiding thousands of letters at home because his bag was too heavy for him.

Teenager Christopher Meek, who is 5ft 5in tall and weighs less than 10st, admitted hoarding 13,819 postal packages.

Sunderland Magistrates heard he was arrested in December after the Royal Mail received complaints from people who had not received Christmas presents.

The 19-year-old postman kept the mail at his home before opening 1,457 items and stealing the contents.

Police officers found thousands of items, all with postmarks dating between September and December. A Royal Mail investigation found he had taken CDs, gift vouchers, DVDs, jewellery and other goods.

A thieving postman has been jailed for four months after he admitted hiding thousands of letters at home because his bag was too heavy for him.

Teenager Christopher Meek, who is 5ft 5in tall and weighs less than 10st, admitted hoarding 13,819 postal packages.

Sunderland Magistrates heard he was arrested in December after the Royal Mail received complaints from people who had not received Christmas presents.

The 19-year-old postman kept the mail at his home before opening 1,457 items and stealing the contents.

Police officers found thousands of items, all with postmarks dating between September and December. A Royal Mail investigation found he had taken CDs, gift vouchers, DVDs, jewellery and other goods.

Why am I not surprised.

STILL on strike, local sorting office is still locked up and no staff there. How can they complain about pay but take two weeks off unpaid? Cheeky bastards. Something needs to be done here because they're blatantly taking the piss.

Edit: Called Royal Mail who advised there isn't much they can do with the Liverpool staff being on unofficial strikes. Tracking one parcel down in the huge amount of parcels they have would be too much to ask and they've advised me to get in touch with the person who sold me the tickets and ask them to call Wembley and have the tickets cancelled, get tickets on the gate instead. But the tickets are in the sellers name and seeing as you need ID to collect tickets on the gate, I wouldn't be able to pick them up myself. This is becoming ridiculous and I'm getting very much worried about my tickets/£130.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is why I NEVER order games online, I go to the shops myself. Tesco is the cheapest place for games. Why do people order from Play etc? It's no cheaper than the supermarkets.

My mail seems to be back to normal now, and I'm still getting paid by Royal Mail even though I stopped working there 2 weeks ago \\:o/

My mail seems to be back to normal now, and I'm still getting paid by Royal Mail even though I stopped working there 2 weeks ago \\:o/

That happened to me when I worked for NTL (now known as Virgin Media). I resigned as I was promoted to a better job at a different company. NTL continued to pay me TWELVE MONTHS after I left (and I was paid £900 per month NET!). So I was taking home two lots of wages for a year! Obviously, I treated me and the lady to two weeks at a 5-star hotel in Mexico because of this! :)

:lol: Brilliant Plan M :)

Just heard off my Dad that our mail should be back to normal with the lazy bastards returning to work. Which is nice because I have a free night tomorrow and I could do with PGR4 (although FM will probably keep me occupied).

We usually get our post at 10am and I haven't had a phonecall saying we've had post yet so ... who knows :(

Postman came yesterday and again this morning, no parcels either time. I've been waiting on three of them since Thursday last week (11th) and one of them for 3/4 days. Our post yesterday was from Friday 12th (and today's mail didn't have a date on), so...

I'm hoping they're leaving parcels til last and they haven't fucking lost them all.

I think they will leave parcels til last. They probably have a backlog of X amount and have to clear so much each day. It's easier to carry tons of letters instead of a couple of parcels, thus making their stats look better.

Back
Top Bottom