The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

is anyone finding it hard buying players in the master league. Every single player I try to buy results in a breakdown in negotiations. Even if I throw all the point in the world at them.

Having started an ML season yesterday, I played three games with the Saints and original players, and I couldn't score a single goal!

I lost to Man U 1 - 0, beat Ajax 1 - 0 (own goal!) and drew 0 - 0 with Fulham, I must've had at least 10 shots per game all of which seemed to go straight at the keeper or wide!

Is it just the fact that saints aren't that good? Or is it REALLY hard to score now??

I always managed to score with Castollo, Huygens etc.

I'm playing on 5* BTW.

I play on 3 stars, and did a season on 4..problem I have is that I just cant seem to score outside the box, maybe 1 goal out of 50 is out the box, the others are inside the box..

"is anyone finding it hard buying players in the master league. Every single player I try to buy results in a breakdown in negotiations. Even if I throw all the point in the world at them."

Hell yea, me and my cousin won everything there is to win in a season, yet no players will join our team?..we even tried to buy Cisse, and he declined, I mean wtf?

When we just started with another team we could swap Cisse for a shit player, now he wont come for 15k?

Its like the more you win, the less players wanna join, even though it should be the more you win, the more players will wanna join..

Like Henry and Real Madrid players, they never have anymore than 1 star, most of the time 0, yet we rape there teams everytime we meet?..I dont understand it one bit.

And we are 14th in WEFA..

And another funny thing, I get NO injuries in 1 season, yet as soon as I put it up to 4 stars I get 3, Vaart away for 16 weeks, Rooney for 6 and Ferdinand for 5..bollocks.

And also, C. Ronaldo used to cruise up every game, now he aint even improved by one percent in a whole SEASON..4 stars sucks. And he basicaly plays every game.

Before I start a ML, im gonna make sure the games all nice and up to date (pesfan option file sounds good) Plus theres a Master League editor in the shop so ill use that so the leagues are set up right (english, spanish, italian etc)

team im thinking of being is Roma,

regulars from the PES3 ML thread are you going with the default players, or having the with real players ?

cheers

I cant wait to start posting my team here,

I think I'm gonna be Betis with the real players. But first like someone said, I want to customize the leagues into English Spanish...etc.

I don't believe it!!! Again!! Nokami won't let you keep the squads as you edited them, once you begin a Master League. FFS!! what is the point of editing the line-ups, positions, captains, kick takers, when they just go and Fuck it up!! Christ almighty this bugs so much!! If i make someone a Captain and stick them on the right wing, i expect them to be on the right Fucking wing with the captain's fucking armband!! Not in the centre of midfield, as left back or on the sodding bench!! AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!

....and breathe......

yup... i thought you knew this??

i even said a few messages back that PEOPLE do NOT bother making formatiosn rigth... as those just like abilities will revert back to default when you start ML!

Only wait to fix this is usign Kmochida editor if it ever comes out :)
or edit it with option file editor like WeOpt editor and then read thread "Editing abilities permanently in ML " by reefur so you can put it in DVD so it stays like that.

I remember asking Amaru to test it and he said it worked. Of course, in the back of my mind that knows Nokami's ineptitude, i still wasn't expecting it to work properly. It's surely asking too much from them to include this VITAL feature. Bunch of reclusive part-timers is what they are! <waves fists in their general direction>

yea some of the things they do really do make you wonder and yell out "WHYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!"

but as long as we have a way of getting around shit like this and gameplay is perfect... i wont complain.

i mean the Stripe thing is another stupid thing they did... but thank god for patching i'm enjoyin wonderful real-life striped kits. And as son as editor is out.... we'll be able to fix this stupid mistake as well.

rotfl Proff :D
AFAIR It remained changed. All those PES4_RETAIL_PROMO_ORIGINAL_FULL_JAPANESE_FETISH_DVD.rar are really, really crap.

just started the long road of the ML
i am just over half way through my first season with fiorentina and am second in the league and doing well in the cup
have singed a lot of japenese players (due to their easier aquirement) so far i've signed Nakata, Nakamura, Ono, Takahara and Kubo - who is an excellent striker/target man
just scored a stunning goal with Kubo :D
i should really be off to bed now but i think i'll just have another couple of games and get some more much needed funds - i am seriously in the red atm!

stiffler said:
just started the long road of the ML
i am just over half way through my first season with fiorentina and am second in the league and doing well in the cup
have singed a lot of japenese players (due to their easier aquirement) so far i've signed Nakata, Nakamura, Ono, Takahara and Kubo - who is an excellent striker/target man
just scored a stunning goal with Kubo :D
i should really be off to bed now but i think i'll just have another couple of games and get some more much needed funds - i am seriously in the red atm!
Did you start with default players (Castolo and co.?) because Nakata is in Fiorentina in real life anyways.

yeah mate i started with the default players i.e castolo and co
i like the aspect of building up your own team from scratch like has always been the case in the good old ML

Started a ML with Man Utd, with all the real players

Just a couple of things -
On the main page of an ML it says Team Salary (this is new right ?) whats it for ?
Is the Regulate Condition the way to train ?
Isnt there a way to look at any other league table standings other than your own ?

Cheers

So now I know why there is a big "YEAH" at the end of this thread...

Just started a master league with match mode players and I had to be Charlton Athletic as I support them and I thought it would be a fair challenge on 5 stars with original players. I'm doing pretty well so far, currently sittting 4th in the Barclays Premiership, (I started in division 1 by the way).

The master league is so good now, I just feel there's a completely different atmosphere to just playing a normal cup or a league. You can just feel that the Master League means a lot more. The player development idea is really good and also having to train for a while to get your players fit!

Havn't had any negotiations periods yet, but I'm going to try to sign Freddy Adu when I can!

yo, ive just started a master league and got three players mid season. they only go up about 6% each game, could anyone tell me how c. ronaldo and rooney improve compared to these guys? i mean do they improve by a whole point per game?

three players i got were essien, kim kan do or something, and portillo, whos graph looks pretty shit? can anyone else confirm this?! thanks

ould anyone tell me how c. ronaldo and rooney improve compared to these guys? i mean do they improve by a whole point per game?

That would be crazy, wouldn't it? You'd have played one season and maxed out all their abilities. Younger players who play frequently, and do well, will improve quicker. Someone like a Rooney pr a Ronaldo could be improving in certain areas by 15-25% of a point each good game (in my experience).

Essien improves by 3-4% at the begining (slow) but after a while he was imrpving 10-15% for me after each game not to mention he has very good stats from the begining anyways.

he's a very good player.

yes and it's especially fun when its a young player you haven't heard of or didn't KNOW he was goin to have this much potential (unlike Rooney and C. Ronaldo) that the whole world knows will turn out to be magnificent.

that's why sometimes i try to not to read ML threads even though i want to participate because they keep giving out names..... but it ruins the fun because next time in ML you see that name.... you know most likely he'll turn out good but if you didn't know... it'd be a gamble and perhaps you'd go for another youngster who turns out to be crap :) which would be fun.

SO i wish we could have a rule where people would stop saying names :

Kompany, Adu, C. Ronaldo, Rooney and ESsien are ENOUGH!!!!!!! no more!! Otherwise game gets killed.

OK people, i have started a Master League. After much consideration I have decided to play as Cagliari, with the real players.

First up i faced Palermo at home. It started well with 2 goals within minutes of eachother in the first half. Palermo fought back to earn parity midway through the second half. But with about 10 mins left on the clock, striker Mauro Esposito fashioned a great goal after a neat one-two with Daniele Conti.
Indeed, all 3 of my strikers in my 4-3-3 formation, netted on the opening match, Bianchi, Langella and Esposito.

FT: Cagliari 3 - 2 Palermo

calcio_cagliari.jpg

nice 1 prof,
heres mine, im 2 games into the season

Van Nistelrooy is on FIRE !!!

A brilliant start to the season for RVN, 4 goals in 2 games

1st Game
Man City 0-2 Man Utd

2nd Game
Man Utd 2-1 Fulham

also noticed something weird, i was looking through the cups and got to the WEFA Championships and in Group A its Birmingham, Blackburn, Bolton and Charlton whats all that about?

cheers

Last edited:
Started one with my mate tonight.

Playing as Arsenal and the highlight of the night was going 2 goals down inside 10 minutes to Calgari.

We then turn on the style and manage to nab 3 goals before half time to make it 3-2 to us. Bergkamp, Lauren and Henry with the goals.

2nd half kicks off and we are schooling them. Manage to get another goal to make the final score 4-2 thanks to Henry.

Really good.

timedwins7 said:
I really like the idea of having to spot young talent, and then nurturing it make a good player.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, if it has soz.

If you go to the search option and search by team you see an icon like a t-shirt with a '?' in it, 'Un Belong' I think it's called these are all the young players not belonging to a team.

You can get a lot of good young players in there.

ive played pro 4 for weeks now and winning eleven before that great players i have came across in the master league

Milner from (newcastle) his stats unpdate dramitically great player
fabregas similiar to milner but different positions fabregas also updates dramitically (arsenal)
a goalkeeper called lewis dont know where from but he is 17 and amazing
avoid players inzaghi injured over anything deisler as well cassano he is terrible reyes terrible also

good strikers

baros , rooney , torres , cisse , saviola , as you notice all these players are young as younger players are better and you get more from them always try to build a big youth team also having players with experience

and also the best player on the game by far as when he is on as a offensive midfielder just off the strikers he is amazing the great ronaldinho by far the best on the game his passes are great for the strikers and his shots with his left foot seem to be better than his right foot ill post more great players and stuff again in a couple of days

the old thread was the one with the most replies and views in this forum, so there's obviously a lot of interest.

Back
Top Bottom