The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

Mmm I dont know with what team to start... I have the game already and everytime I cant decide which team I should chose...
I fancy a ''smaller'' club with maybe some good player... I was thinking of Atletico Madrid, Athletico Bilbao... But in England I have no idea what tem to chose but I would love to play in the English Competition. Maybe I will pick Glasgow Rangers... Mmm any help here guys??
And I wont play as Italian club cause I hate the italian league I wont play as Dutch team either, I have already done 3 seasons with Feyenoord ;)

So light me up!

CYA

I hope you are able to loan out players in ML this time. So instead of wasting talents on your bench those talented players will develope elsewhere, like in real life and return when ready.

GFK, as you have the game could you tell me if that's possible?

I was hoping you could offer more than one player in a trade for another player. You know, 2 not so good players for one good player. I agree with DD, i would also like to loan out players.

In WE8 i loaned Lazovic out, you know the 21 year old joegoslavian striker from feyenoord. But if I remember correctly he came back to me with the same stats.... But dont count me on this there is a slight chance that I am wrong...

Well, WHEN i get the game, i will probably play as a team from Spain/Italy to take advantage of the new liscences [as someone said before]. I'll probably play as madrid or barca but will start off with the bunch of "no-hopers" [Miranda, Castello] etc. Then buy myself a "galactico" each year! lol

GFK said:
In WE8 i loaned Lazovic out, you know the 21 year old joegoslavian striker from feyenoord. But if I remember correctly he came back to me with the same stats.... But dont count me on this there is a slight chance that I am wrong...

I see.

Well thanks anyway.

GFK said:
I wish this was true!! and i'm hoping it is GFK but i think you might be wrong.

I would've loved to see an option for us to loan OUT players to other teams so they get more playing time but option wasn't there in WE8.

you could trade your players or put them on transfer list and hope somebody makes a bid.

i would've also liked to see option of trading 2 players for one but it's not there... but whatever :)

I started with Real. SOme questions: am I right that in PES3 all the teams were playing in master league? In PES4 there is only 72 teams.... ??? And what about young players? I know that "young" players gains experience, but that way they can only get +1 of stats in year! Also, please correct me - in PES3 we had to pay salary after every game, yes? Not at the start of the season?
I also think that "quick search" options is very shitty one -> it's just to easy to get good players in first negotiations for very little amount of money.

Do you lot notice on PES3 that castolo and minada had real faces to someone. If you look at there faces closely it is very life like.

Est. 1987 said:
Do you lot notice on PES3 that castolo and minada had real faces to someone. If you look at there faces closely it is very life like.

I bet theyre members of Konami's staff.

One of the things that pissed me off in PES4 is that the development curves are different from WE8. Guys like Cristiano Ronaldo, Rooney and Fabregas don't grow as much in PES4 as they did in WE8.
But I also noticed that players with great potential play better earlier in PES4 than they do in WE8.

I play on 6* and have 10min games and I got a hatrick against Roma with Rooney on his first game.

I decided to play as Real Madrid with Match Mode players, I'm not going to keep them all though, when I'm done the only two I'll keep are Ronaldo and Jurado and I'll just keep buying young players after that.

buju said:
do they still mess up the formations and starting line ups you do in edit mode like pes 3

Thats what i want to know to.
Can someone please kindly answer this question

Hell! Struggled my team (Numancia with Classic Master League players - Castolo, Vornander, Espimas etc.) to the negotiations period, and was one point behind the leader of the league. Bought Emile Mpenza and Deflandre, and was -1004 in Financial Balance. Stupid as I am, I play with auto save, so the game just saved and displayed "GAME OVER" in the Master League main screen. Damn!

That's really stupid of Konami, they should at least wait till the end of the season, and if you have negative balance then, then it should be GAME OVER, but not in the first negotiations period. Well, have to start a new master league then, but this time with real players. Can't stand those classic players.

You see what you get when you buy Belgian players, up shit creek without a paddle.

I can't wait for the Master League in PES4

to tell the truth, in WE7/PES3, I didn't play Master League coz it confused me alot, with all the negotations and wages etc, so hopefully I can grasp it all by the time PES4 comes out

if anyone thinks the can help me, I appreciate it...

Anyway, my first team may also be a Spanish or Italian one, again to take advantage of the licenses, but I might just use Liverpool as my first one and see how that goes

//++Loki++\\ said:
I can't wait for the Master League in PES4

to tell the truth, in WE7/PES3, I didn't play Master League coz it confused me alot, with all the negotations and wages etc, so hopefully I can grasp it all by the time PES4 comes out

if anyone thinks the can help me, I appreciate it...

Anyway, my first team may also be a Spanish or Italian one, again to take advantage of the licenses, but I might just use Liverpool as my first one and see how that goes
Dude it's really not that complicated plus whatever PES3 had in ML , PES4 will have and MORE so you better learn quick because this one will seem even more complicated in your eyes since player's have growth sheets and etc. now!! And it's a shame if you dont play ML again because its the game's greatest part.

I'd be willing to help you out... teachin you whatever you want but really its not that hard... plus there are help screens in the game so why not make effort and learn (wages are how much you offer players of course and when you want to buy someone you can either spend ALL CASH or trade in a player plus a little cash or 0 cash and see if they accept).

p.s. so has anybody managed to LOAN out a player.... or is it not possible as i think its not and it was just bullshit we heard earlier ;)

I wish there was though that way you could send players you didn't think could get into the team to get first-team football elsewhere kinda like Real did with Javier Portillo.

When you start a (Spanish league) ML, say, as a Espanyol. Which team replaces yours in Div1? Is it PES or WE United, or do you get to allocate it, like when you unlock allocating which teams start in Div2? thanks.

If you've bought the shop item you can choose which teams make up each of the divisions in the 4? leagues :)

Personally in WE8 I play as Newcastle with the rest of the English clubs then fill up the spaces with Real Madrid and Juventus to help make it a challenge, right now I'm about 9 games from the end of the season and 2nd to Man Utd by 3 points closely followed by Juventus, Real & Arsenal :)

Can someone tell me, where are the free transfer? Are they gone? And if it's true, then why?
s1260018: in previous edition you also had to stay above -10000. But can somebody tell me if I'm right - in PES3 we payed players after each match, right? So it's very bad that we have to pay in advance for a full year. What about situation when we sell the player in the middle of the season? Will we get a refund?

Ok after reading various post in different threads I have come to the conclusion that it may be detrimental to the ML game to unlock 'classic teams' and players.

This is because they will re-spawn as 17 yo's with the same name, and you'll end up with a lot of brilliant players in different teams.

Am I correct in thinking this?

Or am I talking a load of old pish?

Wait until Classicos 2005 to play with classic players. Maybe its worth editing the classic teams to six normal teams. Master league should then remain more realistic & we'll have more teams to play with, yipee!

Played about a season and half so far. I'm Juve with their real team. I came 3rd in the first season, Del Piero is on the decline though, but Nedved is still improving!

At the end of the season I bought 3 class players for very cheap. First was an OMF called Ono. Really good, and decent at free kicks. 2nd was someone called Chapi. Not sure if he's a regen but he's got acceleration of 97 and Aggression is like 97 or 98! He's only 17 as well and can improve loads according to his growth curve! Lastly was someone called Takahara. He is utter class. Scored in all games so far (about 9) and he's keeping Del Piero out of the side. He's scored some class goals too (see my goal thread). :D

I'm really enjoying it, didn't think id like ML that much but i've been proved wrong :)

Last edited:
Not sure where he was from, but he's scored in every game so far. Almost scored an overhead kick with him too. His stats aren't the best but he's a great player in my team :)

Yup. I believe i know who you're talking about.

Takahara from Japan.... he's around 25-26 i think. Short haircut..... average height.. average built and really an average player lol with average stats :)
But if he's doing the job.. then GREAT!!!

I always love finding players who dont have great stats but play great for me as well and they're always in my team ahead of some with superior stats.

Back
Top Bottom