The patch for the 360 is out

Available for PS3, I know (about 125 Megs, upgrading online and offline experience). But what about the same thing for X360? I haven't heard about it for the moment.

EDIT: It's official... PS3 only so long. :/

Last edited:
Yes, there is. I played one match and it looked good, came up 2-0 and after that my opponent went into the formation screen. Whatever he did, but from that moment there was lag and he came back to 2-2.
Can be coincidence, can be a download he started, so I am not sure if the connection improved.

BTW are these figures at the top-center the ping? They fluctuated from 1500-3000... sometimes lower than 1500.

Mines started between 35-70, then went up to crazy numbers. Anyway not sure if i should download that patch coz i heard it downgrades the graphics and i sure dont want that happening.

download takes 1 second!!! i dont believe any longer in konami!!! And by the way onlinegaming is a joke any guy cheats like hell in any game, and especially in PES starting downloads and other bullshit! Only to win a game! So there are anlo afew faiplay gamers in Net!85% are cheaters!these are all newbies who have started with PES6 and now they are division 1 Kings!

Han, its been said it downgrades the graphics. Here are some different responses from ps3 people:

the difficulty has been increased, you cant just run past computer defenders now. stamina also lasts longer. replays are slightly improved but they have lowered the graphical detail. the edges are much more jagged now.

downloaded the patch yesterday (after 10 attempts!) and this is what i think:

1) slowdown has been reduced (although there are still troubles when there are too much players on the screen, or shortly after a change of players)
2) the game has become much faster (players as well as ball)
3) the graphics have become worse (really looks like the ps2 version which i also own)
4) the grass/pitch looks inferior

all in all, i dont like it: the speed is much to high, the game looks ugly now (especially the pitch and when looking at the game from a wide camera view) and you feel like playing a ps2 game on ps3!

130mb patch.

All it does is lower the resolution on the screen....

Thanks Konami.

Anyone know how I can remove this patch? Its way too quick for my liking. Also the pitches look minging, it has made a bad game even worse in my opinion.

Can you confirm?

Hats off to konami!

I did not see this coming, but once again konami have proven just how little they care about their fans! By making us wait for a patch for aprx 5 weeks, only to find out that it makes the game even worse! :D

what a mess...

what happened?

and who cares anymore abour pes next gen

My hopes are dashed for every getting anything as decent as the games before them

Forza fifa 08 and beyond!

Han, its been said it downgrades the graphics. Here are some different responses from ps3 people:

Quote:
the difficulty has been increased, you cant just run past computer defenders now. stamina also lasts longer. replays are slightly improved but they have lowered the graphical detail. the edges are much more jagged now.

Quote:
downloaded the patch yesterday (after 10 attempts!) and this is what i think:

1) slowdown has been reduced (although there are still troubles when there are too much players on the screen, or shortly after a change of players)
2) the game has become much faster (players as well as ball)
3) the graphics have become worse (really looks like the ps2 version which i also own)
4) the grass/pitch looks inferior

all in all, i dont like it: the speed is much to high, the game looks ugly now (especially the pitch and when looking at the game from a wide camera view) and you feel like playing a ps2 game on ps3!

Quote:
130mb patch.

All it does is lower the resolution on the screen....

Thanks Konami.

Quote:
Anyone know how I can remove this patch? Its way too quick for my liking. Also the pitches look minging, it has made a bad game even worse in my opinion.

Can you confirm?

I cannot confirm everything, but a lot.
I did not see any difference in speed.
The resolution on the screen is hard to tell: Yes and no :)
The overall resolution seems to be slightly downgraded, but when watching the crowd at the kick off they look slightly better. Still blocky graphics, but less blocky as it was.
I did not play on line with the PS3, but I did on LIVE and that was somewhat better.

i dont think you can compare the ps3 patch to the xb360 patch more like the xbox patch will be like the pc patch since there both running from a x86 platform

the ps3 game was horrid although a its a lot better now but it still has its problems, i will continue playing xbox 360 pro evo 6 even though i am cack at it lol.

one thing i will say about pes2008 though is it does seem a more user friendly game more arcadey less of a simulation type game not so complicated to get into like pes6 is but what do you guys think ???

Last edited:
No there are differences in these patches. I was only talking about the PS3 version. The Xbox version is an on-line patch only.

ps could someone clue me in as in how to play the pes6 the proper way whaty setting u pros play it at for e.g do you play with cursor control between 1-8 or play manual ? i see weird formations do they really work ? i wish someone would teach me to play this game the way the pros play it not so that im as good as the pros but so that i have the basics right and after loads of practise i might be able to compete!!! anybody willing lol :)
I am in Glasgow

the patch took about 1 sec to download (literally).
so the changes cannot be that big.
IMO replays and ONLY replays hav changed from very laggy to slow.

No need to discuss anymore about the things in the patch:
http://uk.games.konami-europe.com/news.do;jsessionid=80D40F348E36DC86DB8AC20F3D26F62E?idNews=293

It says:

PES 2008 Patch details for Xbox 360 and PS3
Information about the free update hereKonami Digital Entertainment GmbH has released updates to rectify issues with the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION®3 versions of Pro Evolution Soccer 2008.

The free download addresses the online lag and the slowdown that affects the game in both online and offline modes.

The PLAYSTATION®3 update also fixes problems associated with downloading the game to the console’s hard drive.

Konami will continue to look into ways to extend users’ enjoyment of PES 2008 and is still working on improvements.

Especially the last sentence is interesting. In other words; if you still have problems with the game, let us know.
You can use the form on the Konami-site overhere:
http://uk.games.konami-europe.com/support.do

the xbox360 patch is a f*cking joke played 2 games online and it is still crap!!!had to wait 5 weeks for a patch wich fix nothing.

60 euro thrown away with this unfinished game

Absolutely Shocking patch!!! Online on the 360 is still unbelievable!

Was running up the pitch with Torres in my opponents half and all of a sudden the ball teleports back to my own box and he scores! mental.

thats why I havn't played online except for 3 times...first when I got the game twice. Then now I tried it once when the patch came out.

I played like 400 games online on PES6....too bad this is unplayable

Back
Top Bottom