The "Oranje" Dutch national team thread- Argentina - Ivory Coast - Serbia&Mont

Yeah I know you and Jostebrood know about it and he even mentioned it but I just wanted to repeat it and also it's not just his passing is it ? :p

He can shoot pretty well or curl in a FK even as I hear with both feet! :)

Sneijder is great with both feet.. can take good corners from both sides.. great shot with both.. he even took a corner before while VdV could take the corner (left foot)

ahhh wesley who will ever forget the lesson he handed out to scotland at euro2004 playoffs

good to see robben and van persie looking sharp!

gerd said:
just like in 1978: Holland - Iran - Scotland - Peru
And Peru classified. :mrgreen:

Surely the most difficult group of the WC, I think could finish in surprise, and classify Ivory Coast and Serbia & Montenegro. :shock:

Yeh that could happen too although I see at least one of the big two qualifying along with Serbia perhaps or even Ivory Coast and I think you mean qualified :p

added prelim squad list

i trust joostebrood will provide indepth details/analysis on players not familiar! :thumbup:

just see seedorf and makaay are not even in the list:shock:
but anyway i hope holland and ivory coast will go to the second round;)

Horrible group to be in! Wouldn't wish it on any team lol! No easy teams, not even one and in fact the weakest one (that media thinks) could very well end up winning the group. Just shows you how close this one is and all 4 nations have their work cut out for them!

My favorite team (at the moment):

GK:V/d Sar
LB:Gio (Van Bronckhorst)
CB:Boularouz
CB:Ooijer/Opdam
RB:Kromkamp
MF:Van Bommel
MF:Van der Vaart
MF:Cocu
RF:Van der Meyde/Kuyt
CF:Huntelaar/Van Nistelrooy (i'm hoping for Huntelaar)
LF:Robben

My favorite team (at the moment):

GK:V/d Sar
LB:Gio (Van Bronckhorst)
CB:Boularouz
CB:Ooijer/Opdam
RB:Kromkamp
MF:Van Bommel
MF:Van der Vaart
MF:Cocu
RF:Van der Meyde/Kuyt
CF:Huntelaar/Van Nistelrooy (i'm hoping for Huntelaar)
LF:Robben

He hasnt been in the squad since euro 2004, and he was usually disappointing for Holland as well. He killed his career going to Inter.

Yeah, I know, but he used to be my favorite player when he was playing for Ajax, so that's why.

Aw, Ruud looks so happy, come back to United after the world cup!!!
;) Oh and take the golden boot while you're there.

:applause: well played jong oranje, 0 - 4 vs ireland this young team will surely develop into a great team lets just hope they win something!

KJH - the time is now!

It's nice to see Stijn Schaars getting a look in. A very productive midfielder who always seemed to get overlooked. :(

Van Persie looking sharp, which is good for the Arsenal! :D

Back
Top Bottom