The Official Transfers Thread [OFFICIAL LINKS ONLY]

I agree with Silva and perhaps with Kolarov, not with the rest.
Fernandinho is a big liability imo. Sterling is seriously underachieving.

I think the biggest problem with Sterling is he doesn't appear to have a football brain. So many times he ends up just running into a cul-de-sac or dwelling on the ball not sure what to. His final ball is mostly awful as well. When he runs at his man wide and gets past to cross that's when he is at his most dangerous I think.

Not sure how you can say he improved Aguero? He was a top quality goalscorer long before Pep got on the scene and didn't look comfortable at all to me adapting his game.

I think buying players from the Portuguese league is a little like buying from the Dutch league. You could get a Bergkamp, Van Niilsterooy, Van Persie or you could get a Jozy Altidore or the striker Middlesbrough got from Heerenveen some years ago, I forget his name now. It will be interesting to see how he does and similarly Klassen at Everton. Saw Ajax a few times and Klassen looked good but, like the Portuguese league, take away the top 3-4 teams and it's a weak league with most teams being rolled over.

Sterling was one of the most obvious improvements. He still isn't a football brainiac and will never have the final ball/finishing of the very top but he setup a lot more goals last season , 28 goals and assists iirc, and he was just better. Still plenty of room to improve

Aguero began to adapt in the last few months of the season. His understanding and execution of his holdup/linkup play was much better. That's what I'm referring to. That's improving a player. Pep could never teach him to score goals.

KDB himself believes he has improved as a footballer. He had a big dip around the time we played Monaco away where he looked knackered but honestly his work in deeper areas, his work in tight spaces, his defensive contribution too, is better.

Yeah I didn't mean he could improve his goalscoring, just thought he looked a little awkward adapting his game and wasn't keen to chase back, but as you obviously see him live then you can see much better than I can how his all round game has improved so I take your point.

I thought KDB was excellent in the early part of the season and then as you suggest thought he looked tired in games, in no small part due to the amount of running he seems to do for the team I would think. I think he's a great footballer, the low crosses he fires in are so dangerous. If Sterling had his brain...

DGVEGdyVYAAL2WP.jpg

https://twitter.com/PSG_inside/status/893196411713589250/photo/1

Back
Top Bottom