The Official London 2012 Olympic Games Thread

Those Gymnastic crowds are wild, haha!

GB get Silver and the place went mental.

Stunning performance by Ruta! Unbelievable. Congrats to Lithuania for country's first ever Olympic swimming medal.

Meanwhile, this was a bad day for my country. One of our main hopes Telma Monteiro was eliminated in the women’s judo -57kg category after being defeated by Marti Malloy in the first round of the tournament. Huge disappointment, I like her so much. :(

My country has '0' medals :COAT:
that's irrelevant my friend. the olympics are a celebration rather than a competition. to "just" be there is already the greatest honor :))
but perhaps i speak like this only because italy is never among the top medals winning countries :P

i'm a bit late, but boy what a wonderful opening ceremony that was! i loved every minute of it, except fot the music-tv-social network part, wich was a bit silly. :))
gerd said:
That was very bad publicity for cycling...
Both Uran and Vinokourov have a talk and then Uran very intently looks left while Vinokurov rides away on his right side...jesus...

We have a gold medal winner who had taken drugs and has literally bought one of his biggest victories (Liège-Bastogne-Liège) and well i guess now he also bought his gold medal...disgusting. And this from somebody who really loves cycling. This is already the most disappointing moment of the games.
i just found out about that (work has kept me away from everything else lately, olympics included, unfortunately). what a shame!

Massively disappointed with all these empty seats in the arenas, note to future hosts, don't trust sponsors to fill the seats.

This is a problem for a lot of major sports events. But it's a very good thing that English people and the media are making a big issue of it.
The way the England reacts to the Olypics is a breath of fresh air (enthousiastic but not blind for certain inconveniences). Well done.

Russia is doing SHIT aren't they!

Canada 3 medals so far but all Bronze only!

You're a Lochte hater! :LOL:

Oh he (and Team USA) won the 4x200m freestyle now. Yea bebo, he looked very relaxed there but, despite has not prepared himself as meticulously as he did in the years before the Beijing games, Michael Phelps always have the spotlight on him and so expectations are high. Yet, he won two medals and broke the record although I think he could have done better. But hey, guy is the greatest swimmer in Olympic history!! :)

I agree and Lochte needs to be more humble , correct me if I`m wrong but swimmers aren`t rich enough to talk sh*t :LOL: I`m waiting for track n field ! BolT

Hope my country doesn't stop at one medal, Djoković and the waterpolo team seem like viable candidates, though I wouldn't write Čavić off. I am a bit disappointed in our volleyball and handball teams. We're European Champions in volleyball, both men and women, and we were second in handball European Championship yet we kinda failed this Olympics.

wegotonewbjkf.jpg

Amazing.

Bradley Wiggins gets the second Gold and Chris Froome gets a good Bronze.

Good day!

Froome's results are not logical.
I have much sympathy for Brittish Cycling but also some questions. What would you people think if Tahiti would win the WC football out of the blue. Great Brittain has an outstanding record in track racing but on the road with a few exceptions (Simpson, Millar and Millar) they are a third world country. Three years ago Chris Froome was an ordinary cyclist, now he was the best climber in the Tour de France...Hell i need to ride my bike more often i might also win Olympic medals.

I'm sorry to rain on your parade...

Froome's results are not logical.
I have much sympathy for Brittish Cycling but also some questions. What would you people think if Tahiti would win the WC football out of the blue. Great Brittain has an outstanding record in track racing but on the road with a few exceptions (Simpson, Millar and Millar) they are a third world country. Three years ago Chris Froome was an ordinary cyclist, now he was the best climber in the Tour de France...Hell i need to ride my bike more often i might also win Olympic medals.

I'm sorry to rain on your parade...

:YAWN:

Time will tell...i've had the same reactions when i had my doubts about Lance Armstrong and know it's crystal clear that i was right.
The fact is that i happen to have quite some inside information about cyclism. Your reaction is the consequence of extreme ignorance. I bet you can't name 10 professional cyclists without a search on google...

That is why i don't like the olympic games it's all about nationalism. You did not react when i was critical about Kazakh Vinokourov... I don't care about the nationality of a cyclist, i love the sport too match and i admire the riders who are competing fair or who admit their mistakes (David Millar is one of my heroes for that reason).

very sour..
you just mad cos belgium won fuck all?
and you cannot win olmypic medal. you are too old.

But Italy has Frederica Pellegrini...
poor fede, she failed all the way this time around. and it wasn't just her. magnini, dotto, scozzoli, marin.. they all showed up in a terrible form and weren't able to perform as usual. our coach (Rossetto) is now being blamed by everybody for messing up the entire athletic preparation schedule leading up to the olympics, as all our swimmers are in such a terrible condition (wich can't just be a coincidence)... and even some of the swimmer themselves (magnini) admitted something must have gone terribly wrong with their training in the last 3 months.
i really feel for them. u work hard for 4 years, waiting for this moment... and once it comes u realise u're in no condition to perform. it must be very hard to digest.

still about swimming, how sweet was le clos yesterday!!! and how classy was phelps (especially after losing like that)! that's what the olympics are about.:))

It's sad that we're at a point where we question whether the competitors (in the Olympics as a whole) cheated when something slightly extraordinary happens, rather than congratulating their achievement, as with the 16 year old Chinese swimmer who blew the field away.

I'd not watched ANY cycling before the Olympics, but I enjoyed the men and women's road race in particular, the tactical element of it was intriguing to me. But the constant allegations of doping would definitely put me off.

It's sad that we're at a point where we question whether the competitors (in the Olympics as a whole) cheated when something slightly extraordinary happens, rather than congratulating their achievement, as with the 16 year old Chinese swimmer who blew the field away.

I'd not watched ANY cycling before the Olympics, but I enjoyed the men and women's road race in particular, the tactical element of it was intriguing to me. But the constant allegations of doping would definitely put me off.

But as much as i love cycling, in cycling it's all about doping.
Except for Cadel Evans, the 20 last winners of the Tour de France have had links with doping.
Oh for that genius with his post about jealousy and sour grapes about Belgian cyclists not winning. In the classics our Tom Boonen dominated and i have exactly the same questions about him. The point with cycling is that you have to follow the doctors, they are the most important persons in the sport. Tom Boonens doctor this year was Gilberts doctor the two years before that (when Gilbert - a belgian- was the best rider in the world and Boonen had a couple of bad seasons), before that the same Spanish doctor was Ricardo Ricco's doctor.

About Froome and Wiggins' doctor with Sky. His name is Bas Leinders and he used to be the team doctor of Rabobank and "chicken" Rasmussen.

Just do me a favour and google Ricco, Rasmussen, Rabobank and Vienna...

Like i said, this has nothing to do with the nationality of the riders...

Cycling is a fantastic sport and by far the most athletic, but cheating is an integral part of cycling. The gold medallist of the road race Vinokourov had several positive doping tests and has bought big races... As much as i love cycling i can't stand cheating.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom