The "Not happy with PES 2012" thread

Which PES 2012 version do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Calcio, the main problem is, from what I can gather, is that the Japanese culture and 'way of doing things' is very tunnel-visioned. The Japanese see outside help as a sign of weakness and will therefore fall on their sword than get the right people for the right job.

I mean Christ, I would have thought there should be a sub team dedicated solely to the stats and team styles, or am I totally in the dark about how sports games work?!?

People like Chimps know all about the stats and how they balance/imbalance a game, and people like Klash look at tactics; multiply these by like thousands of people that do a similar thing and you'll have an entire community dedicated to it. But if KONAMI don't want to do it themselves, they need to make the game as easily editable as possible, so that things like stats/tactics etc etc are just drag and drop.

But honestly, if I was Seabass, that would be the first job I would have issued long ago is a global stats guy/team, and his/their job would be to watch as much football as possible and see trends/form/tactics/individual stats etc, I see this as one of the most key job roles in KONAMI.

Yeah I know what you're saying and I was aware it's not very likely but I think if there was enough push from various forums for showing Konami there are people out there willing to help with researching player line ups, stats, formations, kits etc, then maybe they would consider using it to some extent.

Either that, or they really need to bring in an online editing system where we can make all the edits (option files) and import or share. I'd be happy to spend some time on my pc making a nice option file or correcting Konami's lack of effort on stats/player names but not on my console with 4 controller buttons lol

Will someone explain this whole ducttape thing? How much do I need? Where do I put it? What the hell are you people talking about....

i think they are talking about the L2 passing.
They need tape to put duct tape on it to simulate a full manual passing experience, while now you have to keep pushing L2 button and it's very uncomfortable

Last edited:
hello guys im back after a little delay, well guess what, im thrilled to announce that i have a complete new pc im not gonna go on about the specs but i gotda say pes 2012 runs absolutely great ! enjoy !

See me care about the music... even if it was a whole album of the yodeling Wiener Sängerknaben I wouldn't care.
I turn it off anyway.
KONAMI plays it save and they avoid the issues about the shooting, keepers, overal unbalance in the game

They stay vage at all times, they are masters in it.

See me care about the music... even if it was a whole album of the yodeling Wiener Sängerknaben I wouldn't care.
I turn it off anyway.
KONAMI plays it save and they avoid the issues about the shooting, keepers, overal unbalance in the game

They stay vage at all times, they are masters in it.

The thing is Konami goto the bother of putting a playlist editor into the game so it's a mute point. :BLUSH:

While we are at it, I think PES 2011 had the best music-selection of all PES-games, it was really awesome.

I would like to see a similarly awesome music-selection for PES 2013 and with the additional option to play that music not only in the menu but during the matches, too.

I love playing PES (or Fifa) with music, usually do it with my own music selection, but it would be also nice to be able to do it within the game.

Konami lost the touch. Come on! The demos were great and the final product shit. Definetly not jumping the 2013 bandwagon when it starts the run. Now they are making surveys.Gee, let me think...

Konami lost the touch. Come on! The demos were great and the final product shit. Definetly not jumping the 2013 bandwagon when it starts the run. Now they are making surveys.Gee, let me think...
It does seem Konami are toatally out of touch with their Uk or European fanbase, Apparently the South American market is where its at right now for Knoami and they are going headstrong for that market...lets hope this is where Adam comes in and restores a bit of normality.

Last edited:
I've seen many people say Superstar is far too easy and like to boast how easy the game is. Fifa also.... basically these kind of gamers are faggots.

Oddly i thought CalcioCalabrese was one of them??? Must have you mixed up with someone else.

Last edited:
I've seen many people say Superstar is far too easy and like to boast how easy the game is. Fifa also.... basically these kind of gamers are faggots.

Oddly i thought CalcioCalabrese was one of them??? Must have you mixed up with someone else.

I don't see what their gaming credentials has to do with their sexuality. Unless, of course, you were using the term faggots as a broad pejorative. That's quite creative. I hadn't heard that one before. Thanks.

I've never said Superstar is too easy. I tried it for a while but I've been playing Professional for the last couple of months. That for me brings enough variety in challenge and outcomes. I do set it to Top Player/Superstar when playing 1 v 1 though as I assume it makes the keepers better...but that's just me guessing lol.

I'm sure there are people out there that can BEAT the game with hard settings but I like to play football, not just win.

I didn't play a lot of superstar matches, but I find topplayer easier than professional. In topplayer the AI takes risks, I can create more one on ones and there is more space behind the defence line.
But the AI is also more effective in finishing and there is more pressure, but somehow I can use this in my advantage
I had a similar experience with pes2011, I had more wins against better teams than against lower ranked teams. Weird.

I'm sure there are people out there that can BEAT the game with hard settings but I like to play football, not just win.

Good point :-)

Last edited:
Hadnt played this for a while so I gave it a go wandering why I didnt carry on playing the game, so I decided I would see if I could beat barcelona with milan at the san siro. Well first 2 games I got raped 1-0 and 2-0.

Anyway afterwards I remembered how to play and then I had many games were I dominated the game, had more shots yet barcelona seem to have this ability to choose when they want to score, and they did this everytime I went ahead, I couldnt even get the ball and my players wouldnt clear the ball properly. So I thought Meh maybe its just them, so I picked an easier oposition, norwich, well they did the same. Grant holt managed to score a hatrick and my defenders turn into spastics.

Now I realized why I can't enjoy this game the same along with fifa. Feels like im cheated by the AI and its ridiculous.How hard is it to make a game that's realistic and not full of cheats or bugs? Fucking hell...

Hadnt played this for a while so I gave it a go wandering why I didnt carry on playing the game, so I decided I would see if I could beat barcelona with milan at the san siro. Well first 2 games I got raped 1-0 and 2-0.

Anyway afterwards I remembered how to play and then I had many games were I dominated the game, had more shots yet barcelona seem to have this ability to choose when they want to score, and they did this everytime I went ahead, I couldnt even get the ball and my players wouldnt clear the ball properly. So I thought Meh maybe its just them, so I picked an easier oposition, norwich, well they did the same. Grant holt managed to score a hatrick and my defenders turn into spastics.

Now I realized why I can't enjoy this game the same along with fifa. Feels like im cheated by the AI and its ridiculous.How hard is it to make a game that's realistic and not full of cheats or bugs? Fucking hell...

it's not just a feeling, it's script
there is some sort of player stats upgrade soon after you score.

PES's AI on hardest Difficulty = a Cheating bunch of bullshit where the opposition turn into Legends. On my Master League like im playing as Newcastle (with match mode players) against Blackburn and no matter what I do tactics wise or how I play the game they beat me everytime and I cannot stop em! Its a bunch of bullshit.

Why has it been since PES 2008 that this game is a complete mess? I tried hard to like PES 2011 hell even ma username was PES11FIFA11 originally as I played both games a lot.

Can Konami honestly not see how bad this game is now? Players taking dodgy touches, you cant outrun slow players with your faster ones on Top Player (despite Adam saying this had been fixed for 2011 + 2012). Shooting is stil absolutely awful! It doesnt go where you aim it to on the stick...... (Again something Adam said would be fixed..... goes to show how much bullshit and arse licking he did to get to Konami).

One of the worst things? Players home in on you and stick to you like glue.... your stuck in some kind of transitional animation of being locked on to them and you CANNOT change direction to try and touch the ball and move AWAY from them..... They then Tackle you automatically!! There are times when you Home in on CPU Players but they can somehow Shrug you off.... its BULLSHIT!

Again even with a different Passing Assist level like say level 1 my passes STILL dont go to players im directin it to and STILL GO TO FUCKING PLAYERS STOOD NO WHERE NEAR THAT PASS!!!

Sorry for the rantin' lads but I read posts defending PES and I wonder how people can do it?

In my experience the best way to try and win games whaen it seems everythings against you is too not give up!! and this isnt some cliche what I mean is chase everything down attemp to win tackles headers intercespts if you get just a touch complacent the compuer and steam roll you!

Ive seen evidence of this plenty of times when I try to coast or when im not trying my damn hardest to stop the ai from shooting or threading a through ball...So basically graft is my advice it works for me..yeah its no easy solution but that's just how it should be even scripting can be lessend or even reversed if you do this!!!

have fun ya all

In my experience the best way to try and win games whaen it seems everythings against you is too not give up!! and this isnt some cliche what I mean is chase everything down attemp to win tackles headers intercespts if you get just a touch complacent the compuer and steam roll you!

Ive seen evidence of this plenty of times when I try to coast or when im not trying my damn hardest to stop the ai from shooting or threading a through ball...So basically graft is my advice it works for me..yeah its no easy solution but that's just how it should be even scripting can be lessend or even reversed if you do this!!!

have fun ya all

You have a point to an extent. There are some games that have 4-3 written all over it. When I 'feel' this type of scripted game early doors then you just have to ride with it, kind of know that there's basically not a lot you can do to affect the CPU crazy scripting BUT that there is a chance that the game will be crazy at both ends. SO, even if you do go down 2-0 inside the first say ten minutes to some truly rank scripted stuff, then there's stiff a chance to get some kind of crazy win if you persist.

Sometimes it works, sometimes you just get your ass handed to you on a plate and lose the game 4-1.....against Fulham.

PS Nothing against Fulham, but Murphy did score three headed goals against me once.

lol, I was playing a match today and a friend was sitting next to me.
The AI was dribbling on the right flank next to my box and he was surrounded by my RB and one CB. Suddenly my RMF pressured him from behind, I didn't understand why because I wasn't using second pressure.
My friend said a script was running, the AI wants a goal and he creates a foul with a non-controlled player around your box.

He was right, the freekick went in because I couldn't select the right defender to clear the ball.
We looked at eachother and we had a fit of giggles. :P

Back
Top Bottom