Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Phil Scolari

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 8 19.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well nobody can tell how he'll do that's for sure and I wasn't saying that either. I was simply saying I even preferred Alardyce to him but knew if it came down to these Englishmen, McClaren would probably be more likely to get the job since he's already in the set up and probably got more friends around there.

So nobody knows how he'll do and for England's sake I hope he does well. I myself am not his biggest fan though or have a lot of hope/faith in him but who knows maybe he'll be a great England manager! We'll just have to wait and see! :)

I'm not Fat Sam's biggest fan, but I do think he is very underrated as a manager.
He is no mug and is certainly not a 'yes man'. He would have done things his way and would not have cared for reputations too much.

People criticise his tactics, but he does what is necassary to win.
Is he going to outplay Arsenal?? No. So he plays long ball and it beats Arsenal and other clubs very often.

When he needs to play football he can. At Upton Park this year, they were one of the better footballing sides and beat us 2-1.
They outplayed Tottenham for much of the game at White Hart Lane the other day and were desperately unlucky to lose!!

He is a lot smarter than people give him credit for and can work with big names and big reputations.

But hey, it's all immaterial now!!

The Cheesy beetroot-faced one is in charge now!!

Dear oh dear.

PLF said:
but who knows maybe he'll be a great England manager! We'll just have to wait and see! :)

Indeed. sometimes the biggest names are not the right names for the job.

He has my full backing, but he certainly wasn't my 1st hoice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom