The Movies Thread

I wish they had that in IMAX, would have been great!

I've been there once, and only want to go there now, or else I get DVD/HD version of it to watch at home.

Indiana Jones 4 first pict

H_indiana_jones_4_1.jpg

Bridge to Terabithia is a f***** brilliant movie - totally not what I thought it would be (i.e. Chronicles of Narnia - hence why I didn't want to watch it!).

I don't know why Disney advertised it as a CGI-laden movie for 7-year-olds as that is definitely what it isn't imo.

I'll be watching that then rk. My lil' sister has been nagging me to get it :mrgreen:

Went watching Oceans 13 t'other week. Was overall a solid film, just with a brilliant ending. The way the whole plan came together was excellent to watch.

oh and a thought on Die Hard 4, it's going to ruin all that was fantastic about the first three films. This looks like it's gone too glitzy, too effects-packed for the hell of it. Sure there were explosions in the others, but never to a huge degree, and he still retained the gritty, just a cop feel, this he may as well don the spandex and dress up as Spiderman. That car through a plane/helicopter thing looks stupid, and since when could your average cop pilot an F-whatever fighter jet down a street?

Haha. :mryellow: It's a joke mate. Marukomu's humour is similar to mine (except funny). If you explain after every sarcastic post that it was sarcastic, it doesn't have the same effect...

Saw Oceans 13 too, really enjoyed it. Tons better than the second, brilliant ending.

Also watched March of the Penguins with my girlfriend the other day on DVD. What a fucking brilliant documentary. Never before has a non-fiction piece of film made me laugh so hard and nearly cry as much as MOTP did. Truly brilliant.

Saw Transformers last night.Fucking brilliant movie.I dont want it to end honestly.No pun intended but its more than meets the eye.I expect a shabby storyline but I was wrong.The great storyline made this movie believable.From the invasion plans,right down to the MARS hubble craft being hijacked.Hats off to Steven Spielberg and Micheal Bay on this one.Must watch movie of 2007 so far.

OMFG its official. They split them.

Thats really shit, anyone seen 28 weeks later? And i saw 300 at the IMAX in Manchester and i don't like it, it really fucks your eyes up and someone had chucked what looked like a shitty nappy at the screen and it was stuck there all the way through.

oh and a thought on Die Hard 4, it's going to ruin all that was fantastic about the first three films.

Not what I think. Loved every second. Action, laughs, it nevers seems different from the rest of the franchise. It's just an "update".

Even if it seems the ultimate action movie (because of the threat) with a complicated story, the viewer is never lost. And Mary Elizabeth Winstead is \\:o/.

Last edited:
Summer so far...

Spider-Man 3 - Disappointing

(...a forced long break from the movies :( )

Die Hard 4.0 - Surprisingly very good!
Transformers - The Michael Mann slo-mo's got a bit much along with the shabby acting but I absolutely loved it.
The Simpsons Movie - If you watched the trailers, you've unfortunately caught all the best bits. Some bits were funny but it was just an extended so-so episode.

But the movie I've been looking forward to all year (apart from the disappointing Spider-Man 3) is gotta be The Bourne Ultimatum. The first two movies, in my opinion, were the perfect action movies...I just hope the finale is a fitting end...

Summer so far...

Transformers - The Michael Mann slo-mo's got a bit much along with the shabby acting but I absolutely loved it.
The Simpsons Movie - If you watched the trailers, you've unfortunately caught all the best bits. Some bits were funny but it was just an extended so-so episode.

But the movie I've been looking forward to all year (apart from the disappointing Spider-Man 3) is gotta be The Bourne Ultimatum. The first two movies, in my opinion, were the perfect action movies...I just hope the finale is a fitting end...

i thought die hard was feckin awful!!

spider man 3 was better....

transformers was alot better than I expected...

just gotta see simpsons now...

I still think bourne will be the film of the summer tho!!

Summer so far...

Completely agree mate.

Back
Top Bottom