The Movies Thread

Milanista said:
In a recovery room, I forgot who, but one of the mutants suddenly wakes up speaking in Xavier's voice to the nurse..... proving that he isn't dead

:D
LOL I misseds that as well, I only got the DVD yesterday so will have to watch he ending again.

I watched an R21 portugese indie film last night called Lower City.Its directed and produced by the same people who gave us City of God.Its a powerful story about lust coming in between best friends.Really nice and I thought I would recommend it to yall...one more tip,watch it with your sex partners and see how they react during and after the movie. :P

Just saw "The Lake House" with Keanue Reeves and Sandra Bullock. Nice, quiet love story. Good acting, glorious soundtrack. Worth a look. ;) Something for your...feminine days :D;)

Just watched The Departed last nite.It blew me away.The plot was superb,a pure organised crime movie.Martin Scorcese should at least won something in the Oscars for this movie.

just watched man of the year.. it was alright .. gave me quite a few good laughs...

it was a weird movie.. kinda like a standup comedy, drama and action all in one.. :P

phrase said:
Just watched The Departed last nite.It blew me away.The plot was superb,a pure organised crime movie.Martin Scorcese should at least won something in the Oscars for this movie.

Watched it earlier....thought it was good until I realised halfway (DOH!) that it is a remake of Infernal Affairs (a classic asian movie made in 2002).

TBH, I wished I hadn't seen the original as the Scorsese update was (imo) better produced - but there were huge chunks (shamelessly) taken directly from the original which cheapened it.

If haven't seen Infernal Affairs, watch this - otherwise be prepared to cringe if you have seen the original(!) :(

Last edited:
rockykabir said:
Watched it earlier....thought it was good until I realised halfway (DOH!) that it is a remake of Infernal Affairs (a classic asian movie made in 2002).

TBH, I wished I hadn't seen the original as the Scorsese update was (imo) better produced - but there were huge chunks (shamelessly) taken directly from the original which cheapened it.

If haven't seen Infernal Affairs, watch this - otherwise be prepared to cringe if you have seen the original(!) :(
wouldnt it have to have parts from the original inorder for it to be a remake?
anyways i thot the departed was a better than infernal affairs although the ending was a bit comic. but like rockykabir said watch it if u havent seen infernal affairs or else be prepared to cringe if u have.

the_thing said:
wouldnt it have to have parts from the original inorder for it to be a remake?

lol...v true :D

I agree...scriptwise, Scorsese's version was by far better than the original but - without spoiling things - the ending turned out to be a joke. Still liked it though - it's probably easier viewing compared to Infernal Affairs

Saw The Last Kiss last night. I'm a huge Zach Braff fan and I was not disappointed. Excellent film with a great ending and plot. It also has one of the best arguement scene's I've seen in a film.

See it, now!

Saw Borat today, I can only imagine what it was like before it was cut nine times.

It is incredibly funny, but racist at the same time, and there is one vomit inducing scene (but even thats still funny)

Just watched Superman returns. What a disappointment. I can't remember one scene in the movie that made me go 'wow'

As a side note, if that kid is Superman's that means he shagged Lois Lane. You saw what happened when they checked his heart beat - the machine blew up. So you're telling me that when he shot his load in her, it didn't blow her head off?

Just watched Superman returns. What a disappointment. I can't remember one scene in the movie that made me go 'wow'

As a side note, if that kid is Superman's that means he shagged Lois Lane. You saw what happened when they checked his heart beat - the machine blew up. So you're telling me that when he shot his load in her, it didn't blow her head off?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Yeah, Superman Returns was a real big dissapointement! :(

If youre a fan of Jason Statham, watch Crank. Was a great laugh and one of the most innovative action films I've seen. Every minute is action.

Basically, he was poisoned and the only way to survive and fight the poison was to keep his heart beat up.

Just seen Deja Vu, ace film with a good ending. I was pondering towards the end how exactly they were gonna do it so it was feasible and believable, and they achieved it.

8.5/10 from me!

no, because superman gave up his powers to be with lois lane in superman II and thats when they fucked like rabbits.

Watched Children of Men the other day, some of the scenes in it made my jaw hit the floor and go how the hell did they shoot this? Extremely good movie. Some of my other faves:

raging bull single.jpg

B00004D00J.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

American_History_X_Italian-front.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom