The Mobile Phone thread

That Samsung Galaxy S3 phone looks the real deal.

samsung-galaxys3-abril.jpg

Got the S2 coming tomorrow and can upgrade in December :).

Heard good things about this S2...good upgrade to have for the rest of the year from the lacking in space Desire

I'm looking to buy a phone soon, I really can't make up my mind, I currently have the Blackberry 8520 and would like a true smart phone.. Everyone at work has one and most of them have the Samsung Galaxy S2 and they're persuading me to get one. I'm thinking between either the S2 or the iphone 4s. Do I get a new phone now or better to wait till April and see what's released then?

I'm looking to buy a phone soon, I really can't make up my mind, I currently have the Blackberry 8520 and would like a true smart phone.. Everyone at work has one and most of them have the Samsung Galaxy S2 and they're persuading me to get one. I'm thinking between either the S2 or the iphone 4s. Do I get a new phone now or better to wait till April and see what's released then?

I got the S2, it's awesome.

anyone got the samsung galaxy S3?

work bought me one and i have it connected up to exchange server, however had loads of problems with the mail app freezing etc.

and even when it does work it runs like a bag of shit with not much options through the mail app.

anyone else use it on exchange or use a different app for emails?

is it worth rooting these?

I rooted my S2 for the custom ROMS because they improve loads of stuff on it including they battery life and speed.

I unlocked it to all networks as well after rooting so i could sell it for more, so if your selling it you might wanna do that.

It's worth rooting just to get rid of the horrible bloatware that these smartphones are usually shipped with.

anyone got the samsung galaxy S3?

work bought me one and i have it connected up to exchange server, however had loads of problems with the mail app freezing etc.

and even when it does work it runs like a bag of shit with not much options through the mail app.

anyone else use it on exchange or use a different app for emails?

is it worth rooting these?

Have it, but I am not using exchange. I check my emails via the app of my email-provider(web.de in Germany) and this works like a charm. Fast and without any problems. So it's maybe a problem with the exchange app or server, especially if you mention there aren't many options in the app, which would also give the image it was developed with "a hot needle"(<-not sure, if this is a common phrase in the English language, it's what Germans say).

it is deffo the built in app and the way it handles exchange. although i have got it to work now without causing the application to crash.

there are alternative paid apps that work much better with more functionality but i begrudge paying for them simply because this phone should work better natively.

other than that i am happy with the phone, gmail works perfectly on this phone would you would expect it to considering google/android.

anyone point me in the direction of any good apps,games for this phone?

Some of my favorites here. All of these apps are for free.

Apps: WhatsApp, barcoo, IMDb, Winamp, YouTube and the usual Facebook-stuff.

Games: All four Angry Birds, Jewels Legends, Marble Saga and for more quiet moments Find the Differences (with all the additional image packs available). Special tip: Death Rally.

Samsung Galaxy Note2, 200 minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited O2 to O2 minutes and 500MB, unlimited wi-fi for £21.50(24 months contract) One of the handset cost £179.99

If you're on o2 customer - you could get this deal if you haggle.

Thought that was a good price considering the cost of the phone outright.

Especially when you trade in your old phone ;)

Still waiting for my iPhone 5 16GB upgrade I ordered on the 4th October from Orange.

So far I've had 1 confirmation e-mail with a tracking number that doesn't work, 1 text message with a website to help me get up and running on my new phone and 2 text messages to say they haven't forgotten about me.

Oh and there is no order section on their website.

:TU:

Also kind of wishing i'd gone with the S3 instead of playing it safe with the familiar iPhone.

Have to agree. Had the original Note previously(probably the best phone i owned) but this ones taken it to another level.

Back
Top Bottom