1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

The Master League Online thread

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer' started by tobi, 14 October 2010.

1. tobi

tobi "Pull up from 30!"

5 August 2005
    Teaching the PHX Suns the 2 min drill...
    Spurs, Suns and Cowboys
    I've seen some players suggestions in the main discussion thread but it would be good for them to all be collated in a separate thread. I'll start.

[​IMG]

- Cristiano is the pick of the bunch, he has many useful player cards.

- Castro is good in possesion and has a passer card.

- Skeiba is a good DM, he has an Anchor man card but I haven't figured out how to make him sit yet.

Last edited: 28 October 2010
  2. Kaiser

Kaiser PES Enthusiast

3 July 2003
    Borusse
    Re: The Master League Online recommendations thread

Tim Cahill- For me was a must. I had him in the BETA and had to sign him here. Great stats for the 1.7m i paid for him has a Maurading Run card so appears everywhere and for early crosses into the box he just runs onto the ball everytime.

Thomas Muller- My one luxury item. First bought when i shifted half my team. At 3.2m seemed pricy but has 5 cards can play anywhere in midfield but i play him SS or in behind a second striker. He was my Captain until Cahill arrived(he seemed more captain stuff) has pulled me out of the $hit so many times in MLO and he has been amazing on Coach Mode. He drags players everywhere and pops up with goals also:WORSHIP:

3. Jimmy G-Force

Jimmy G-Force Resident PES Fanman

13 April 2003
    Darlington
    Middlesbrough F.C.

A French DMF/SB called Raineau, absolutely superb. Quick, agile, a great passer, left footed so can slot in a 4-4-2 at left back. All for under a £1 million.

A French CB called Plessis, an absolute beast who handles the Superstar players for fun. A must buy. £600,000.

4. ImpossibleYesbutitsTrue

ImpossibleYesbutitsTrue Banned

9 October 2010

thats my posting in another thread but unanswered:

sry if im askin stupid questions but as far as i understand there is no player growth ?
    (havent playd it yet)

so for me this sounds like the whole idea behind the ML is gone
    why i shud buy a young talent if hes not becoming better ?
    and i can only make some profit if a player is bought by others too ?

thats silly to my ears..

lets say im buyin dzagoev a young AMF/ST/SS in real ML and after a few years hes a big star i can sell him for big money and make some profit
    now in MLO he stays the same price coz i think only a few players will buy him and he stays same values

i understand that if it wud be like ML there wud be a lot of the same players but with diffrent stats so its hard to make a system for everyone to buy a player but still...

5. tobi

tobi "Pull up from 30!"

5 August 2005
    Spurs, Suns and Cowboys

I haven't seen any evidence of player growth.

The mode name is misleading.

6. dannyfc2

dannyfc2 Premiership

9 June 2009

I've found an Italian, rated 69 but has 97 Agility, a Passing card, a good shooting, technique, dribbling, speed and balance.

Only problem is, he's got a poor form stat and is a bit pricey at 1.8m, meaning I'll have to sell an established player to get him.

Do you think it's worth a gamble? His name is Palloshi or something sim

7. neilez2

neilez2 Non-League

2 February 2006

Paloschi. Think hes at Parma.

8. dannyfc2

dannyfc2 Premiership

9 June 2009

Worthwhile? If I had the cash I'd go for him no question, but I'll have to sell one of my better players to make way for him, and if he's always going to be on a downward arrow it may not be wise to.

I'd play him out wide if I got him I think.

9. ImpossibleYesbutitsTrue

9 October 2010

last year in pes biabiany and lanzafame were @ parma too (on loan)
    was fun to play em
    now theyre @ inter and juve (wich may attract others to buy em more)
    so i wud suggest to try him out offline how u can play with him and look how his form arrows are over a few games

if its ok hes worth it

edit
    dam that was a offense last year in pes :WOOT:
    crespo, lanzafame, biabiany, paloschi, jimenez..

Last edited: 14 October 2010
  10. Jimmy G-Force

13 April 2003
    Darlington
    Middlesbrough F.C.

I wouldnt bother, especially if his form is 3 or lower. I find these players far too inconsistent. Flawed genius, not worth the money unless you have it to spare. These players are a luxury. I bought Eduardo, fantastic price, brilliant player, amazing to control, but sneezes and breaks his back. I played 3 games with him, he went off injured in every game. Arsenal saw me coming.

11. dannyfc2

dannyfc2 Premiership

9 June 2009

It's not Paloshi, I just rechecked. It's a Russian I've never heard of before, but he must be quite popular as his value is higher than a lot of 72/73 Overall players.

Jimmy you make a sound point, but I can't help but have a fetish or those kind of players. Geniuses who are just short of brilliant because of a few flaws, my favourite past players at my local club are injury prone talismen or those players that can jink past 5 or 6 defenders before blasting it wide.

I'ma gamble I think, a horrible horrible gamble but dammit it might just pay off.

12. ImpossibleYesbutitsTrue

9 October 2010

its petorbenov

cudnt find his real name though, if he has one
    maybe some fantasy player

13. dannyfc2

dannyfc2 Premiership

9 June 2009

Yeah that's the one, I actually just played against him, didn't do much.

I'd have had enough to bring him in if that D4 competition was calculated correctly, fuming.

14. dannyfc2

dannyfc2 Premiership

9 June 2009

Also another tip is McFadden, he has a 'Quick turns' card so is surprisingly nippy and agile. Is playing magnificently just behind Fuller.

15. Shearer_God

Shearer_God League 1

8 April 2006

Thought I'd ask in here, any recommendations for a CF predator type striker, I'm lacking goals as it is and just need someone up there to do the basic stuff and just put it in the net. Nothing fancy.

As for my recommendations:

AMF - Djemsav - brilliant midfielder with an eye for the pass and an eye for goal. Can use both feet, has the Passer player card and has generally been awesome for me in the handful of games he's played. Costs about 800-900k.

DMF - Letsholonyane - tough tackling, pacey defensive midfield player. Won't give a lot going forward but has the Man Marking card and muscle opponents out. Basically does all the dirty work in midfield for me. For 480k he's worth it.

16. dannyfc2

dannyfc2 Premiership

9 June 2009

Ricardo Fuller is doing the business for me. Strong, quick, tricky feet and an eye for goal. Costs 2.2m.

Hulk seems the most popular player in that position from people I've played against, might be a bit pricey tho if everyones buying him up.

Toivonen is another decent option.

17. Shearer_God

Shearer_God League 1

8 April 2006

Yeah I should have mentioned that I only have 2m to spend. Thanks for the suggestions.

18. Kaiser

Kaiser PES Enthusiast

3 July 2003
    Borusse

Your Eduardo was my Podolski!!

But if any of you have 1.3m trust me sign a guy called Willian 22yo AMF Brazillian. A proper bag of tricks and i sold D'Allessandro to finance it but he has already paid me back.

4 skills card(Fake shot,trickster.shoulder feint,step on skills) 69 rating but put him SS he jumps to 72 and is small great strengh and dribble.

Also Crouch is a enigma!!

TRUST ME GUYS!!

19. jayz

jayz Non-League

11 March 2007

Bebe Man Utd youngster, tall good with headers, can dribble as well and always in the box for crosses so far scored 10 goals in 14 matches for me and he cost me only 800-900k.

20. romagnoli

romagnoli Misses Retri

7 August 2004

Willian sounds interesting. Can he play wide? What's the catch - does he have poor form/injury ratings?

Chantome - French AMF/CMF. Not fast but a great passer of the ball, with good technique and close control. Rated 74 or so, costs £1.6m.

Khlosneri - rated as a 66 AMF I believe, but cranks up to 74(!) on the wing or 73 as a SMF. Very fast and also has shoulder dropping skills. Under £1m.

Simons - defensive mid/centre back, Anchorman and Covering. Big, strong, tends to hit the odd delightful pass too. £2m I think?

Signed Paisley today for £1.4m or so as he has the Covering card and has decent speed/power stats, along with a Defence rating of 80. Not seen enough of him to make a real judgement; has anyone else managed to find a very good fast CB with the Covering card? I saw a defensive midfielder called Mellthrop or something like that, who is faster, has the covering card, is only 2cm shorter and has an incredible reactions stat of 88 or so. The only thing stopping me is his defensive rating (70, so 10 lower). But surely with that sort of speed of thought he should be able to recover very quickly?

Ultimately I think I'm just going to keep upgrading this position until I can get Dunne, who was something like £3m in the beta.

Erding - £2.2m. Striker. Predator. Good height, fairly strong, has an incredible attack and defence rating (81 and 82 respectively!!) which means that particularly in Coach mode he will dispossess centre backs and challenge bravely for lost causes and aerial balls. His best stat is his reactions of 88, plus he has 1-on-1 and Fox In The Box cards. If you have a good AMF or a damaging winger he will latch on to through balls ridiculously well, and also scores from a lot of corners. It's surprising how many times a goalmouth scramble leads to a cutscene of him clenching his fist and running to the supporters.

66 appearances, 26 goals and quite a few assists. Not a bad return for a lone striker who was probably my second or third signing and doesn't take penalties or free kicks.

How about this then - Van Den Berg. £196k utility player, default squaddie. If you sold him, snap him back up as he's very good cover when your subs bench is threadbare. When you're busy focussing on your first 11 and you see your fullback or centre midfielder is on a purple, chuck him on. He has a lucky charm for me that means he's on an orange or red when others are letting you down.

21. dannyfc2

dannyfc2 Premiership

9 June 2009

Finally got the Russian, but I saved up rather than sell off an established player. Hopefully means I can just drop him in when he's on form, and bench him when not.

As for utility players, I've currently got Espimas slotting in at RB and he's playing great. Strong, good in the air, and fairly competent on the ball.

I've built a hefty short list, probably need to build up my defence now, or get some cover in. Shouldn't cost too much as generally defensive players just need good body balance, decent pace and a nice Defence stat.

Also, a nice little site to find players with particular attributes or card is; http://www.welovewe.com/search/search_e.aspx

It's PES 2010 but most of the attributes are similar.

22. tc811

tc811 Resident Evo-Web Retard

9 January 2008
    United States
    Arsenal FC

romagnoli, what nationality is Simons? I tried to search by player name but I can't find him.

23. romagnoli

romagnoli Misses Retri

7 August 2004

Belgian I believe. He's at PSV.

24. Kaiser

Kaiser PES Enthusiast

3 July 2003
    Borusse

He can play there but i found him playing SS best. His form is 4 but has easily been my most consistant player. Gave Valeny 4 yards caught him and the outmuscled him to score the winner for me:SHOCK: Ive found a gem!!

His low center of gravity and dribble make him excellent aginst the bigger centre halfs. Only 100 odd people have him!! Snap him up now!

25. Jimmy G-Force

13 April 2003
    Darlington
    Middlesbrough F.C.

I love those players to bud, and if you had the spare cash, I wouldnt think twice about buying him. But with money so tight in the MLO, I think it's a gamble you may regret at this early stage.

26. Jimmy G-Force

13 April 2003
    Darlington
    Middlesbrough F.C.

I have him as well, fantastic player and my latest signing with Jeda. Very impressive player. Does a job.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ..........

Very interesting Kaiser old cake. :THINK:

This maybe exactly the player I could sign to release some funds to buy Riquelme. :WOOT:

I was looking last night, if I sell D'Alessandro and Jeda, and with the £700,000 I have in the bank, I may just be able to fund Riquelme and Willian. :BOP:

I scored a goal last night with Riquelme where he dribbled through the whole defence before smashing the ball home. Easily my best display of dribbling yet, I'll post the video later. After that, and combined with his ridiculous range of passing, Riquelme went straight to the top of my shopping list. Maybe a decent run in a Competition tonight will secure the dual purchase and add even more South American flavour to my Boca team. :PRAY:

Last edited: 15 October 2010
  27. bramley

bramley League 2

20 October 2007

sorry to hijack this but what team do you start with jim?

looking to finally do something with ML

28. tobi

tobi "Pull up from 30!"

5 August 2005
    Spurs, Suns and Cowboys

Has anyone come across any decent and cheap players that can play wide right? I'm desperate to get rid of Castolo.

29. ImpossibleYesbutitsTrue

9 October 2010

simons is belgian yes and hes very good

30. Jimmy G-Force

13 April 2003
    Darlington
    Middlesbrough F.C.

Try Joselito Vaca from Bolivia, a super little buy for under £700,000. He can play on either wing as he doesnt mind using his other foot, and has the Passer Player Card. Very reliable, agile and well worth the money.