1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

The Manager Ins and Outs Thread

Discussion in 'Football' started by Metallica, 14 May 2007.

1. Metallica

Metallica Whoosh... Bullshit!

20 August 2003
    Pissed up in Sam Platt's
    :shock:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/wigan_athletic/6653185.stm

He was going mental yesterday when they stopped up. Cant beleive he resigned, he did all the hard work by stopping up!

Thought I would alter the title of the thread as we may have a lot of moving over the next few weeks

Last edited by a moderator: 16 May 2007
  2. Gareth G

Gareth G Guest

Re: Jewell Resigns as Wigan Manager

i can't believe that! maybe he believe's he can't do no more with wigan, but why would he leave a team like wigan to go to a wee team like city?:D

3. rockykabir

rockykabir hello

30 March 2003
    London -> New York -> San Francisco
    Liverpool FC

Didn't he do the same with Bradford City but the other way round? (leading them up to promotion to prem then leaving before the season began or summat)

4. CW

CW C Dub Founding Member

6 October 2001
    Liverpool

Shocking news this. It all seems very odd

5. Jamesy

Jamesy No. 7

21 February 2005
    Dartford
    Manchester United FC

Hmm, wasn't he linked with the Man City job a few weeks ago?
    Interesting now that Pearce has been sacked.
    It sounds almost identical to the Alladyce-Newcastle saga...

6. kevano22

kevano22 TDWFYU

2 August 2003

Yeah, he has the City job I think.

I like him and I like City...cant wait for him to take over :)

7. Chris Davies

Chris Davies At least, I think I am Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers

Cannot stand the git. Nearly gets teams relegated and that somehow makes him a brilliant manager.

Anyway, after commenting in another thread that it was worth watching Match of the Day every week if only to see Sheffield United manager Warnock, the most genuine manager that there was in the Premiership...

...he's only on his way out! :(

I'll be gutted if he goes, but then if he goes for one of the currently vacant Premiership jobs, I would be absolutely delighted.

Bit of a shock that it's supposedly over his wages though - I didn't think he was that type of fella, at all!!

8. CW

CW C Dub Founding Member

6 October 2001
    Liverpool
    Does nobody care that Neil Warnock walked out on Sheff United today? I know he was a complete wanker but still...

9. Chris Davies

Chris Davies At least, I think I am Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    How can you call someone so honest a wanker?! If his team were crap he'll say so, which you can't say about most other Premiership managers!

I really hope he gets another Premiership job sometime soon.

10. Gareth G

Gareth G Guest

it seems to me that warnock had 2 options, either quit sheffield united or get sacked:D maybe it was a bit obvious, but did anyone else think this?

11. marukomu

marukomu Ecchi otoko

26 November 2005
    Okayama, Japan
    Man Utd, Stockport County
    Jewell looked fucked at the end of that game. I think he's probably left for health reasons.

12. CW

CW C Dub Founding Member

6 October 2001
    Liverpool
    Honest? The guy never stopped fuckin moaning! Once every few weeks he would say his team were no good but the rest of the time it was someone elses fault, usually the ref

13. drugfree

drugfree Banned

24 August 2006
    Northern Ireland Belfast
    Linfield
    wouldnt you complain if you were 1-0 up and had a blatent penalty turned down and lose 2-1