Liverpool Thread

I know, but it would be good to just get it right up Arsne Whinger

DeRo said:
I know, but it would be good to just get it right up Arsne Whinger

Ohh you shut-it!

This coming from a Celtic fan, it makes me laugh.

Zico said:
I heard it was 3 million! :shock:

The other two doesnt go to leeds,goes to the agent or sumthin like that.
Anyway,liverpool are not done yet.Seems like they are in discussion with two other players.Really looking forward to this comin season.Looks like we have a great squad to compete with arsenal for the league.Have a strong feeling the other two players are one of cisse,basturk,malbranque,boumsong or mexes.Considering we only spent 5 mill on kewell,im sure we could get two more players if they could agree personal terms.And it looks like houllier finally made up for the eleven mill he blew on heskey(just paying 5 mill for kewell).

So we get to see Kewell in action next wednesday against Cologne...

Also I expect the french youngsters to get a run out.

And yeah I reckon cause we got Kewell at a snip of a price we'll probaly sign 1 or 2 more players before the start of the season...

14403.jpg

When Harry Snubbed Fergie
HARRY KEWELL may be the most hated man in Yorkshire, but events on Monday have made him an instant hero in the red half of Liverpool.
Kewell, it can now be revealed, was urged not to sign for the Anfield club by none other than Sir Alex Ferguson, who made a desperate last-ditch attempt to divert the £7million transfer to Old Trafford.
The Aussie had given his word to Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier, and was negotiating his controversial pay-off from Leeds, when Sir Alex came on the phone at the start of this week with a massive offer.
But Kewell insisted yesterday that nothing - not even the late, tempting offer - could deflect him from his ambition to join the Merseyside club...and nothing, not even the war of words with Leeds he has become embroiled in, can spoil his joy at signing for the team he supported as a boy.
Anfield chief executive Rick Parry yesterday outlined the nature of the offer to Kewell, as he attempted to emphasise the positive side of a transfer that has had its negative aspects dissected across the media.
Parry revealed that Kewell had shown loyalty to Liverpool despite massive late offers, including the United bid.
He said: "You have to emphasise the positives, and the real story here is that Harry has turned his back on huge money in the last few days because he made a decision to come to Liverpool and stuck with it.
"He had some very tempting offers, even at the last minute. There were some late calls from some very big clubs, but he didn't even use those to come to us and ask for more money, which he could have done.
"Of course he is being well rewarded by us, for choosing us - rightly so. But he showed loyalty in choosing us and sticking with us, because he was in a position to do so, and that is just a fact of football life."
Parry revealed that in addition to United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Barcelona all tried to hijack the deal at the 11th hour, and that is why Liverpool were happy to give the player an extra £2million signing-on bonus, on top of his £16million-plus five-year contract.
The player, himself, yesterday insisted that he never wavered from his ambition to play at Anfield - and explained that is why Leeds are so angry, given that they could have got more money elsewhere.
Kewell, in fact, was in defiant mood, claiming that he had no regrets about the way in which the transfer was handled, and no concern that Leeds - where he played for nine years - were so upset at the final outcome. "If I am honest, I am not bothered by any of this. The only thing that has hurt me is the fact that Leeds fans have been given the wrong impression,'' he said.
"I hope they can see that it is not me that has done this. I hope I can go back there and they'll be okay with me, because they'll understand that I haven't done any of the things the Leeds chairman has suggested.
"For me, this is such a great thing to join Liverpool, and I've loved every minute of it.
"The rest of the stuff doesn't bother me - I was sat in the sun yesterday, while it was all going on, just enjoying myself. That's it."
Kewell said that far from money behind his motivation, it was the fact that Anfield boss Gerard Houllier offered him the chance to play in his favourite position as an attacking midfielder, where other managers wanted him to revert to midfield.
Houllier revealed yesterday that he wanted the 24-year-old to become the missing link in his team - the creative link between midfield and attack that his side have lacked in recent seasons.
The Anfield boss believes that one day Kewell can even emulate the play of the man he admires most in football, Zinedine Zidane, and provide the creative influence that wins matches and with it trophies.
And Kewell admitted: "The manager excites me. He is such a gifted coach, and when I talked to him I knew he was offering what I wanted.
"One of the questions I asked the manager was where I would play, and he gave me the right answer.
"Obviously, I asked the same question of other managers, and they never gave me the right position. That was important in my deliberations. I don't know why people think I should be stuck out on the left, maybe it's because I've got a left foot.
"But I can give the team three times as much if I'm not stuck out there on the left."
Houllier was purring about his new signing yesterday, insisting that it was the bargain of the summer, and he added: "I don't want to burden him with too much pressure, but to me he can be the same sort of player as Zidane.
"Obviously, Harry is much younger and not at that level yet, but if he develops and learns - which players do at this club - then he can be the sort of player like Zidane who supports the strikers, is creative in midfield and gets his share of goals."
It is some billing but, after the heat put on in Yorkshire in recent days, it is surely pressure Kewell can live with.

That story appeared in all the papers today. Theres nothing like making yourself an instant Anfield favourite by telling the fans that you snubbed the scum even tho they offered loads more money

Screw you Fergie, you big headed Scottish tossbag :D

CWright said:
That story appeared in all the papers today. Theres nothing like making yourself an instant Anfield favourite by telling the fans that you snubbed the scum even tho they offered loads more money
That was classic!!..............Fergie told to go fu(k himself!!! hahahahahahahahahahah!!!

Kewell on the left .. Baros and Owen upfront ..

YEEEEEEEEEEEEW!

i hope they get that cisse fella!
he could be LIVErpool's answer to henry

england22 said:
Kewell on the left .. Baros and Owen upfront ..

YEEEEEEEEEEEEW!

i hope they get that cisse fella!
he could be LIVErpool's answer to henry

we might get cisse now as we are still trying to sign two more players.Hopefully we get them now rather than before christmas.Also heard than that one of them might be van der vaart.........Damn that would be awesome

hey zzzzzzzz vapour,come out,come out where ever ya are?

PS:Gerrard sucks,houllier sucks big time,heskey sucks,smicer sucks,corrigan sucks,thompson sucks

Misfit said:
hey zzzzzzzz vapour,come out,come out where ever ya are?

PS:Gerrard sucks,houllier sucks big time,heskey sucks,smicer sucks,corrigan sucks,thompson sucks
YAWN, shut up you fookin boring plastic scouser, whens the last time you went to anfield?

PLastic fansknow fu(k all!!.

Hopefully the fun and games from the "Transfer Thread" continue onto here. :mrgreen:

I don't think Cisse is a good buy for you. Kewell definitely is, but Cisse doesn't really impress. I think Houiller is too defensive minded and has too big a hard-on for French players. Too many sub-par players like Traore and Cheyrou are ruining Liverpool's great name. Cisse, while better than these two, is still not Liverpool class. Seems more in the Heskey mold that Henry.

Playing Diouf on the right wing is a waste too. He occasionally does well there but the best we've all seen him is when he played freely for Senegal. There is the argument that he only performs for his country, but it'd make sense to try him there. But Houiller is very resistant to experimentation, just like Martin O'Neill who's slowly ruining Celtic :(

My view on the Gerrard thing, continuing from the Transfer thread. I can't be bothered reading back, so apologies if this debate has already been resolved

I don't mind people disliking players, but your point is just completely obscure. Just run and put the foot in? How about his goal against Serbia and Montenegro? Or his wonder goal against Tottenham? I just don't see what you're criticising him for. His ability to pass is superb, the accuracy is pinpoint and he knows exactly what pass to play. He doesn't run aimlessly, otherwise he wouldn't have a multitude of plaudits. In fact, I think you're the first person I've heard slate him, and your reasons are just crazy. When thinking about players followed purely because of media hype around them, think more about David 'I've only got a right foot and I'm a one trick pony and can't tackle' Beckham

markd2k3 said:
My view on the Gerrard thing, continuing from the Transfer thread. I can't be bothered reading back, so apologies if this debate has already been resolved

I don't mind people disliking players, but your point is just completely obscure. Just run and put the foot in? How about his goal against Serbia and Montenegro? Or his wonder goal against Tottenham? I just don't see what you're criticising him for. His ability to pass is superb, the accuracy is pinpoint and he knows exactly what pass to play. He doesn't run aimlessly, otherwise he wouldn't have a multitude of plaudits. In fact, I think you're the first person I've heard slate him, and your reasons are just crazy. When thinking about players followed purely because of media hype around them, think more about David 'I've only got a right foot and I'm a one trick pony and can't tackle' Beckham

glad ya brought it here,he just plays too many long passes for me.He hits it as soon as he gets it.He could be more productive with the ball.Too many reckless challenges.The likes of hamann,vieira(not till last couple of seasons) tackle much better,break up play without gettin a card.And as for wonder goals,if that goal he scored against spurs was wonderful,what was henry's against spurs?He doesnt score much.Look at his percentage(no of shots made,no on target,you'll get what i mean).I never said media the hype part.Dont know where ya got it from

Misfit said:
markd2k3 said:

glad ya brought it here,he just plays too many long passes for me.He hits it as soon as he gets it.He could be more productive with the ball.Too many reckless challenges.The likes of hamann,vieira(not till last couple of seasons) tackle much better,break up play without gettin a card.And as for wonder goals,if that goal he scored against spurs was wonderful,what was henry's against spurs?He doesnt score much.Look at his percentage(no of shots made,no on target,you'll get what i mean).I never said media the hype part.Dont know where ya got it from
Misfit I feel you are poor judge of a player.........You slag gerrard, And then You keep bangin' on about Cisse, when from what i've seen of him he looks CRAP AVERAGE at best, he was crap at anfield and woeful ind the confed cup!

markd2k3 said:

Spot-on.

ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
Misfit said:
markd2k3 said:

Misfit I feel you are poor judge of a player.........You slag gerrard, And then You keep bangin' on about Cisse, when from what i've seen of him he looks CRAP AVERAGE at best, he was crap at anfield and woeful ind the confed cup!

watch cisse in the french league,awesome pace and power.french strikers are crap when they play for their national team,even henry surprisingly. yes he wasnt impressive at anfield,but then again so wasnt auxerre or even liverpool.Auxerre had three shots that night,guess who got all three?
the likes of milan,juve,roma,barca and loads of top clubs want him not gerrard but guess you have better judgement than all other top clubs in europe.you got a job?

hey zzz,nothin personal man.always nice to have a conversation with someone who has a diffrent opinion than yourself.

"an opinion is like an asshole,everyone has one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks"

Back
Top Bottom