Liverpool Thread

He is being linked strongly, BUT it's all still speculation!..........I'll believe it when I see it.

If we do sign kewell, it'll mean that damien duff will probably never play for liverpool. And end up playing for one of our prmiership rivals!........Which is a shame. :(

I'd still be well happy if we get kewell tho!

EDIT- there are now some rumours that Cisse will be unveiled as a pool player, at the steve finnan press conference.

got this bit of news from this great liverpool site koptalk.com

Supporters will be pleased to know that various newspapers are today claiming that Harry Kewell has agreed personal terms with Liverpool, as exclusively reported on the Insider last week before the Kewell speculation returned.

Amazingly, and despite it sounding far fetched, Leeds were unaware that Liverpool had agreed a fee with them! Kewell's agent Bernie Mandic told Leeds that he had an offer of £7million cash was on the table but the condition was that the name of the club remained a secret.

KopTalk understands that the "formal" bid was faxed to Leeds yesterday and that was accepted. Kewell was free to talk to other clubs about a proposed deal and earlier last week, the Insider was informed that personal terms were agreed on Wednesday. Every effort was made to keep the whispers off the main site (where you are reading this) for fear of the deal collapsing although within days of the Insider carrying the news, other sources started to catch-up so we had to start dropping bits of info from the various claims etc.

Despite our source keeping us updated along the way, I would like to warn fans not to start celebrating the capture because Kewell could still opt for Arsenal. You only have to look at the Bowyer situation last summer when that collapsed at the very, very last minute.

Where money is involved anything can happen. Why do you think Liverpool wanted to keep it a secret? Now the news is out Arsenal or other clubs could offer more cash or better personal terms.

At least this shows that Gerard Houllier is making attempts either way to bring quality to Anfield and his dealings will not conclude if Kewell opts for the Reds

--------------------
check out the site www.koptalk.com for more great liverpool news

Hmm, that sounds like an ILLEGAL APPROACH! Still, Alex Ferguson's been getting away with it for years (Stam, Van Nistelrooy, Ronaldinho) so we should be allowed too :)

God I hope this is true. I still think Kewell's more polished than Duff.

p.s. glad the Bowyer deal fell through :twisted:

Sledgehammer said:
Hmm, that sounds like an ILLEGAL APPROACH! Still, Alex Ferguson's been getting away with it for years (Stam, Van Nistelrooy, Ronaldinho) so we should be allowed too :)

God I hope this is true. I still think Kewell's more polished than Duff.

p.s. glad the Bowyer deal fell through :twisted:

Totally not illegal,agree bout kewell better than duff,extremely glad bowyer didnt sign last season......

How is it not illegal? As I understand it, a club cannot approach or sign a pre-contract agreement with a player until he enters the final six month of a contract. Before those last six months a club wanting to buy a player has to talk to that player's club, like how Barca talked to the management at Man U.

Sledgehammer said:
How is it not illegal? As I understand it, a club cannot approach or sign a pre-contract agreement with a player until he enters the final six month of a contract. Before those last six months a club wanting to buy a player has to talk to that player's club, like how Barca talked to the management at Man U.

kewell's agent mandic set up the deal with liverpool with the blessing of mckenzie with the agreement that the club kewell to sign for will not be named even to the mangement of leeds.In other words,leeds knew kewell would sign for a club for 7 mill,but not who for.Liverpool didnt approach kewell rather the agent was sounding out clubs .It seems he has already agreed personal terms last wednesday as well

ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
Eto'o or Cisse you decide!............I choose Eto'o.

is this for vote out the next teletubbie ;)

i reckon if ya get eto'o then it'll maybe help diouf and diao settle in better.

Well lfc hopes for stealing their first Prem Title has been scuppered for another year (how many years since a championship? :D ) as it appears that emile heskey's future has been secured after talks with the bug eyed french lfc coach.....

HHmmm wonder if thats got anything to do with the fact that no other clubs we're interested ;)

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Well lfc hopes for stealing their first Prem Title has been scuppered for another year (how many years since a championship? :D ) as it appears that emile heskey's future has been secured after talks with the bug eyed french lfc coach.....

HHmmm wonder if thats got anything to do with the fact that no other clubs we're interested ;)

It's best if Heskey stays where he is................to ensure that the Pool won't win much next season!!!!!! ;)

Zico said:
I tell you something that guy Heskey is a crackin player.

Absolute world class :shock: I'll tell ya what, he could run rings round that Terry Henry fellah. ;)

Stop spamming lads :roll:

I don't do it in your clubs threads do I !? :D

ProEvo said:
ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
Stop spamming lads :roll:

I don't do it in your clubs threads do I !? :D

We've touched a nerve.............
Nah i wasn't really moaning about it, The banter between the scousers, The cockney arse-wipes, and the Mankchester utd scum, is actually quite amusing. :D ;)

ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
hutch said:
ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
the Mankchester utd scum,

Hates us so much, he won't even spell our name right.... :x
You're not a manchester lad, so why does that offend you? :eh:

Good point. :) I cant be arsed going through the whole glory supporter scenario again mate, I'll just let you ave that one. ;)

with the exception of HESKEY , SMICER ,AND BISCAN ??

these three are the crappiest players we've got..

they dont deserve to wear RED..

alot of people slat houllier but imo for every shit player he gets he seems to get a bargain as well and vica versa.

Really? Let's take a look:

Duds: Heskey, Biscan, Diomede, Traore.

Jury still out: Diao, Diouf, Smicer (shut up! I think he's ok)

Good: Riise, Baros (doesn't play him though), Hyypia, Henchoz.

It's not a dreadful record, but it's his willingness to play his duds rather than sweep them under the carpet that really pisses me off.

Sledgehammer said:
Really? Let's take a look:

Duds: Heskey, Biscan, Diomede, Traore.

Jury still out: Diao, Diouf, Smicer (shut up! I think he's ok)

Good: Riise, Baros (doesn't play him though), Hyypia, Henchoz.

It's not a dreadful record, but it's his willingness to play his duds rather than sweep them under the carpet that really pisses me off.

That is quite poor for a guy that's recieved honours......... :shock: ;)

Yeah, where's classic and fs...............they're practically their threads anyway!!!!!! :shock: ;)

Does that sentence make any sense.........I know most of my sentences never make any sense!!!!!! ;)

ProEvo said:
Yeah, where's classic and fs...............they're practically their threads anyway!!!!!! :shock: ;)

Does that sentence make any sense.........I know most of my sentences never make any sense!!!!!! ;)

Yeah it does mate! I'll back you up when the FBI come after ya.

Back
Top Bottom