Liverpool Thread

Still early, but a good start gives hope of a good season. Great game yesterday, although stress levels were a bit too high in the second half, especially since Chelsea have been very good at getting a result late this season.

Great win yesterday. You are playing very good football.
Impressed by Lallana, he is a totally different player compared to last season...

By the way, where is Pipa?

Not posted in here for a while. Sorry about that.

Great to have the EPL back and it's great to witness a manager that has genuine joy in his job.
Klopp is a credit to the EPL.
The players seem to respond to him and he makes them feel valued.

This is a good philosophy and something most bosses in everyday work would benefit from.
Happy workers = better performances.
It's not too complicated to understand of course but meaning it?
Klopp means it.

Not sure Liverpool will win anything but it will be fun finding out.

@gerd hi :) i was off for a while due to work and life.. what can i say, i pop in to see how things are going..

Liverpool bring me joy, but the league is very tight and it will be about small details and very few points..

however im happy if we finish top 4, but so far, despite the fact the team performed, nothing is certain... Chelsea start looking realy good and Arsenal realy have no excuse now not to perform... City are unpredictable with players they have despite not playing well for few matches.. Tottenham is strong oponent...

this is the most exciting season so far.. i think it will be decieded in last week who will be champion..

for now Liverpool playes realy great attacking football and from what i seen i think most exciting games...because obviously they also conceede goals, which makes it more tense... for neutral to watch :)

If Spurs don't win the league (and they won't because they don't have a star player who can make the difference), i hope Liverpool win the league.

giphy.gif

Shitty run now, to say the least, but with good spending next summer things can turn around. We need a defender (sold/loaned 2 in Jan, got no replacement) a forward (Sturridge is injured/sick/whothefuckknowswhat more often than not) and a DMF (Lucas and Can don't cut it). And we need to throw serious money at them to get serious players.

Getting rid of Klopp is the dumbest thing we could do right now.

Last edited:
I would rid of Lovren, i just dont think he has the mentality to be any good. Bring Sakho back and perhaps look at Michael Keane.

Left back is imperative as is decent FIT striker, i do think Origi could be that, as well as Ings could be a very good rotational striker.

I really dont get this Can is no DMF rubbish, he isnt a DMF he is box to box just built like a defensive type player.

I would love to see us sign Icardi, i think the premiership wouldbe a good fit for him.

Easy win today, the whole team played great, Everton never had a chance, only thing they did all match was hack people down... Barkley tries to break someone's leg every match against us. And Koeman said he's proud of the team, lol, let's have some of what he's smoking

Congrats. What do you reckon you need to compete on an extra front and try to consolidate CL/top 4 football?

I haven't watched that many full LFC games this season but from the outside I'd say something along the lines of:
  1. Commanding CB - eg. Van Dijk
  2. Quick FW - eg. Lacazette / Vardy
  3. A combative allrounder in CM - eg. Nainggolan / N. Keita
  4. LB - eg. Bertrand / Robertson
  5. Commanding GK - eg. Handanovic (I put this last in priority because Karius might be better now)

Last edited:
Not too worried about the midfield but more options in the front and back a must have. Lacazette would be brilliant, I think, also Van Dijk. A left back for Moreno as well. I don't think k Liverpool need to buy that many players (depends on departures, of course), but they need to spend big on proven ones.

Back
Top Bottom