The Late Great Malcolm Mclaren RIP...

Nick Cave

Wrexham fan for my sins...
10 July 2004
Non football league waste land...
Wrexham AFC
malcolm-mclaren-0709-lg-6877551.jpg

The man was sooo influential in the music industry and without him the world would have been a duller place and my youth a lot less colorful...:WORSHIP::PIRATE:

YouTube - Pretty Vacant- Sex Pistols (Promo Video 1977, HD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFdvEBTof5E

YouTube - Malcolm McLaren - Double Dutch

Last edited:
That guy sums up what punk was all about: at first sight being rebellious, but on second thoughts it was all about the money.
He had that attitude with much irony.
I really learned to love the Pistols and their attitude.
Calling your last album (after having disbanded) "The great Rock and Roll Swindle" is a great statement.
I once read an interview with John Lydon-Rotten for 30 years punk...he was great...he ended the interview while mentioning is watch...it was a golden Cartier (very expensive)...he received it as a gift from his wife for 30 years punk and he just started laughing...another great statement.

Lydon and Mc Laren didn't like each other...i've never believed that.

The only one who really believed it was all genuine (or who believed in his own image) was poor stupid Sid Vicious...

On top of that (and that was serious) punk thoroughly changed music for the better..everybody started making music.

Ah fantastic memories...

I used to play in a band at Uni and we were shit! so we used to sing lots of punk songs, because it didn't really matter, every one went mental anyway :LOL:

Did a bit of 'God Save the Queen' and 'Pretty Vacant' good fun and a great time in my life :DD

Never really liked sex pistols, but I did like Malcolm. Whenever I saw him being interviewed and that.

RIP Malcolm.

PS John Lydon is a fucking idiot. Still walks about and talks to people like he is a punk (being rude and disrespectful most of the time) then doing adverts for butter and going on 'i'm a celebrity get me out of here' total fucking douchebag.

Well Bobby, it wil probably not surprise you that i quite like Lydon...i like the way he acts as a traitor towards punk ethics (if this ever existed).

Well Bobby, it wil probably not surprise you that i quite like Lydon...i like the way he acts as a traitor towards punk ethics (if this ever existed).

That's the thing he still has all the bad traits of punk like not giving a fuck and being a fucking prick to people. But he has lost the admirable part of being a punk not conforming to something you don't believe in and being strong with your beliefs. Not just accepting what life gives you and be different.

I honestly think it's all an image...i know a guy who works for television. They did a program with Marc Reynebeau (a Belgian journalisrt who is the opposite of Lydon's image, a guy who writes about classical music and has thousands of books). First of all Reynebeau and Lydon became good friends. And the guy i know said that Lydon was liked by everybody of the crew...he said that Lydon was a nice person.

When i was at university, i was in the same class as the girl friend (and later wife) of a sort of Belgian punk cartoonist and artist: Kamagurka. This guy also did stage shows that were outrageous and very agressive. When they had their first child, i was their babysit for a while...it turned out that Kamagurka was the opposite of his flamboyant, agressive public personality. He was a real family guy who loved to stay at home having quiet evenings...

For some people their public image (limited) is the way they earn money.

Well I've heard quite a few things about him as he is older and he doesn't seem very nice to me. i have a friend who has worked for a few record labels and music companies and he hates the man.

i saw him on 'I'm a celebrity' and he was a complete wanker.

He humiliated the singer Duffy (not that i like her) By shouting and swearing at her at the mojo awards, because she tried to put her arm around him, because the photographers wanted a picture of them both, because they both won awards.

He just seems like a very unpleasant, knob head.

Obviously he can't be that much of a cunt to everybody, so somebody must like him :DD

EDIT: anyway, back to Malcolm.

Back
Top Bottom