The (if you haven't got GTA yet thread.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe people are more intelligent and do not react like lemmings following hypes.
I know that are plenty of real GTA fans, but there are always thousands of people who let themselves guide by the latest hype (in fact this is the stereotype we in boring Belgium have of English people, always running after the latest hype and afterwards easily bored, but like i said it's only a stereotype and most English people will not be like that).

Or maybe people are more intelligent and do not react like lemmings following hypes.
I know that are plenty of real GTA fans, but there are always thousands of people who let themselves guide by the latest hype (in fact this is the stereotype we in boring Belgium have of English people, always running after the latest hype and afterwards easily bored, but like i said it's only a stereotype and most English people will not be like that).

At least its not the stereotype of us drinking Tea and being posh twats. Or Rock and Roll stars or.......Etc etc.

Are you not the one who always says, when PES gets decent scores across the board, that these scores from so many sources must indicate the game is still a good game? And now you're saying that practically every magazine and website in the world giving GTA IV 10/10 is stupid hype?

The hype was pretty much justified in this case.

Yeasterday I got in a car Run over a few guys - ramped off the side and did a spectacular jump into the water - swam over to a speed boat went around the island to where the helicopters were. Got a Sniper rifle - got into the helicopter flew to the top of a skyscraper and started shooting people from a good mile away or so.

This was all online with about 12 people running around the huge map. I didn't notice any slow down etc.

This game is a bit special.

Are you not the one who always says, when PES gets decent scores across the board, that these scores from so many sources must indicate the game is still a good game? And now you're saying that practically every magazine and website in the world giving GTA IV 10/10 is stupid hype?

And aren't you the one that claims that what i'm saying is bullshit...so we're both wrong or both right.

Anyway it not because something is hyped that it cannot be good (The Beatles, Nevermind, Ice Tea, Lampard, I-pods,...).

No... i don't think that Stringer's comment was more stupid than any other in this thread (including mine)....as a mod you should refrain from being judgemental...

My last post in here as I now have the game and played it, looks very good, as for the game Meh... gerd your not missing much.. I have yet to go online though and this is where I'm hoping it will score..

Feel the same way, the graphics are extremely blurry for some reason looks odd, also it crashes every 5 minutes doesn't help. if R* don't patch the crashes I'll probably return this without giving it a real go, will be a shame if thats the case :(

Last edited:
Weird that people are getting crashes. In about 15 hours of total playing time, my game has only crashed 4 times. All on separate playing sessions.

Got it saturday, really like it. Typical GTA and pretty much the same as the others but with better physics/graphics/etc. Definitly a slow starter, as they have always been.

As we all now appear to have the game we can now all move into the appropriate threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom