The History of Pro Evolution Soccer - The book

OrlandoJabulani

Non-League
17 August 2023
Hello Evo-Web.

After a couple of years working on this project, I am proud to announce I have published a book called "The History of Pro Evolution Soccer". I have completed the first volume - "The Golden Age" -, which describes the history of the series from its inception as International Superstar Soccer until the end of its glorious PlayStation 2 era. More than a discussion of the games' artistic and technological merits, it focuses on how Pro Evolution transformed the virtual football scene from a mere pastime into a global and permanent obsession, also thanks to the contribution of the likes of Evo-Web, which helped to build the game's iconic and passionate community.

The book is only available in Portuguese. I would like to publish it in other languages, naturally in English, possibly in Spanish as well; but honestly, for now, I am glad I was able to finish it.

Amazon
Kobo

Echoing what I wrote in the actual book, I would like to give thanks to everyone who participated and still participates in the spectacular community that is Evo-Web. I regularly mention in the book not just the forum itself, but some of its contributors and their projects, especially their patches. The role you play in protecting Pro Evo's legacy is decisive; if it weren't for Evo-Web, i probably wouldn't (couldn't) have written this.

Hope you enjoy it,
Miguel

Brilliant work @OrlandoJabulani! 570 pages of PES history and it only covers "The Golden Age"! This is super-dedication and passion for the saga we all love! Can't wait to read it in Spanish or in English if you ever decide to publish it! Great job! :BSCARF: :TU:

Back
Top Bottom