1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

The Golf Club

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by kamy100, 31 August 2014.

1. kamy100

kamy100 Premiership

9 June 2003
    Blackburn, UK
  2. jaygrim

jaygrim TheAllSeeingEye

26 July 2005
    Everywhere.
    Man Utd
    I was just going to start a thread myself. Anyone got it?

The graphics are kind of putting me off.

Last edited: 31 August 2014
  3. Gab_

Gab_ I agree

6 April 2009
    I tried it on PC. I found it very bland.

4. cowden_harley

cowden_harley MOANING PRICK

3 October 2003
    Central Park
    Cowdenbeath FC
    xbox one for me and its a great golf game. More of a SIM than the TW franchise.

There are issues with it but devs are very interactive with the community and seem to be sorting stuff.

PS4 version is the superior version though

5. kamy100

kamy100 Premiership

9 June 2003
    Blackburn, UK
    I'll certainly be downloading it on Weds, getting good reviews on various gaming forums.

6. jaygrim

jaygrim TheAllSeeingEye

26 July 2005
    Everywhere.
    Man Utd
    Why Wednesday?

7. Rob92

Rob92 Guest

I have it on PC, got it when it was in Early Access.

It's good, the gameplay mechanics and physics are very decent, and the course creator/sharing is fantastic... But it's very light on game modes, the visuals are bland and it is very poorly optimised. I recommend holding off until they make significant improvements with patches... Still obviously better than the console versions though.

A couple of hole in ones I made :P

YouTube - The Golf Club - Hole in One #2

YouTube - The Golf Club - Hole in One

Last edited by a moderator: 1 September 2014
  8. kamy100

kamy100 Premiership

9 June 2003
    Blackburn, UK
    The European PS4 release on Wednesday (3rd September). I have other stuff to play so am happy to wait rather than to download it from the US Store.

9. jaygrim

jaygrim TheAllSeeingEye

26 July 2005
    Everywhere.
    Man Utd
    Thought it was already out?

10. Rob92

Rob92 Guest

It released earlier on XB1, it's not out yet on PS4 in Europe.

11. pboreham

pboreham Kick. Snare. Hat. Ride.

5 August 2002
    C*lchester
    Southend Utd
    Was out a week ago on PS4 in the US, not sure of the delay to UK release.

Its very good though, although a little rough (no pun!) round the edges - but thankfully it plays well enough that they can be ignored.

12. jaygrim

jaygrim TheAllSeeingEye

26 July 2005
    Everywhere.
    Man Utd
    Putting tips anyone?

13. cowden_harley

cowden_harley MOANING PRICK

3 October 2003
    Central Park
    Cowdenbeath FC
    There is a tutorial video standby.......

https://youtube.com/watch?v=KUQe-_6_-0Q

From official forum -

And here is my advice on putting power:

Putting How-To

So here is what I posted in another thread about learning power and distance, see if it helps:

First, you will need to find a fixed point of reference to be able to consistently judge how far back to pull your club. I use the golfer's foot as a reference for how far back to pull. Some people use the club shaft (shown here). Either way, you will need to find a fixed reference to learn how to pull it back consistently.

To determine power, the % of back-swing is a good place to start but, adjusting the marker for an aiming spot, the way you would do it in real golf, is also very important.

So, for a flat put, put the marker about 2 feet past the whole. For an uphill putt, put the marker 2 feet past the hole plus about 1 foot for every 1 inch of elevation. For a downhill putt, leave the marker on the hole for 1 or 2 inches of decline, but for anything more than that, move in toward you, 1 foot for every 1 inch of decline beyond 2.

Once you have adjusted the marker, use the method where, if the putter represents 101 feet and your putt (distance to the marker) is 50 feet, pull back roughly 50%. Then you can adjust a smidge and use the golfer as a reference point (club head at the back of the feet, front of the feet, etc.).

If you use this method you should get the feel for it in no time.

Let me know if this helps.

Last edited: 3 September 2014