The FIORENTINA Thread

It sure does. Magnificent yesterday!

Magnificent??:SS They completly blew it,during the second half they were poor,given the ball away too often,conceeding too many FK around their box,they should have played higher on the pitch and not let Lyon midfield(Juninho) controll the game

Magnificent??:SS They completly blew it,during the second half they were poor,given the ball away too often,conceeding too many FK around their box,they should have played higher on the pitch and not let Lyon midfield(Juninho) controll the game

u have to consider this is a very young and unexperienced team, Alain. most of the players were facing their first champions league experience yesterday.
and facing a top side as lyon, in france, definitely is not what u'd call a "soft start".

they played a very good game. they pushed when they had the chance and defended well, when lyon was pushing.

u're right when u say they kept their defensive line way too deep in their own territory.... big mistake.... but afterall it's lyon they were playing against, not metz. and as soon as u consider that this was their fist match in CL, and that they were winning by 2 goals against such a team, on their opponent's turf, well it's easy to understand their "fear of victory".

the match was pretty nice to watch and the result was pretty fair imo. Lyon's first goal was ridiculous (and that ref is really poor) but in the end lyon produced enough scoring chances in the second half, to justify the final result.

however a 2-2 against lyon at their first match. it's much more than i expected from fiorentina honestly :))

Last edited:
I think Fiorentina deserve some credit here, Lyon are a team which almost beat Milan in their prime, and has defeated big clubs in Europe many times. Fiorentina are good in the Serie A because they are playing against many good players, but players who are not world class like Juninho and etc who have years of experience. However, Fiorentina's efforts were good, first time and they got the draw in France.

I was quite angry with Lyon for the first goal, they should respect the fair play rule like the majority of teams around the world do, the player was severely injured on the ground holding his face, they should not have continued playing.

I hope Fiorentina win their group though, I like Fiorentina and seeing them go far in the competition would be excellent.

u have to consider this is a very young and unexperienced team, Alain. most of the players were facing their first champions league experience yesterday.
and facing a top side as lyon, in france, definitely is not what u'd call a "soft start".

they played a very good game. they pushed when they had the chance and defended well, when lyon was pushing.

u're right when u say they kept their defensive line way too deep in their own territory.... big mistake.... but afterall it's lyon they were playing against, not metz. and as soon as u consider that this was their fist match in CL, and that they were winning by 2 goals against such a team, on their opponent's turf, well it's easy to understand their "fear of victory".

Yeah i agree with what you say but what i wanted to say it's they could fell very dissapointed,given how the game happened,to spoil a 2 nil lead even against Lyon is a very dissapointed result,but you're right if before the game Fiorentina would have been told they will get a draw in Lyon they would have signed!

u're absolutely right. they had a great chance and spoiled it. but it was an important lesson, and they're going to take advantage of this experience.
besides, now they know they can face almost any opponent, even on the "enemy's turf" and this will boost their confidence.

anyway i can't see them going through the next stage. lyon and bayern are 2 "big guns" and serie a will waste a lot of energies this season.
but however it will be a fantastic experience for prandelli and co. :))

Last edited:
Bump :D It's been a year since anybody posted here. Same occasion btw.

Very nice performance yesterday. I prefered watching the game after Inter got surprisingly outplayed last night. Would like to hear how jmg is feeling since he is the only Viola fan I know here.

Didn't see the game against Lyon but well done to Fiorentina. They played REALLY well against us and outclassed us completely, they deserve to go through :APPLAUD:

Yes you would have to say Fiorentina were deserved winners of the group. But I hope we smash you in our last game to to give a reminder to the world that a wounded animal is waiting for its prey :D

--------------------Batistuta
---------Oliviera---------------- Robbiati (original white boots!!)

------------------Rui Costa (my favourite ever player):WORSHIP:

God I loved that team.

I even whent to white hart lane (spit scum) to watch Rui costa for David howells testimonial back a few years.

Been pub, but who cares.:CONFUSE::WASTED:
Viola!

I want rui Costa to play for West Ham... :-(

Swap deal...

Luis Jimenez in exchange for Rui Costa minus 10 years? :)

You`re alive? haven`t seen you in the Chels thread for a minute good to see you & hope to see you posting in the Chelsea thread :))

Back
Top Bottom