The FIFA "Chip" Shot.

After playing more matches, I have to say, this really is not a glitch in FIFA, it in no way, shape or form guarantees you a goal every time. I have had many different outcomes, which vary in the amount of time and space I've had, from rolling along the ground straight to the keeper, from flying out off the far post!

As JayD said in the prem banter thread, there really aren't any "cheats" for FIFA 08.

Cor I've taken a bit of a slating here! :lol: Yea, just the bad refs Placebo :) I can't comment on the CPU cheats as I don't play vs the CPU single player. The only time I play against the CPU is when I have a mate round and we play an FA Cup together or something like that.

I'm getting really sick of it now, the EA guys said before the game was released that they had a team of players playing the game all year to ensure any cheats/glitches that could affect gameplay were spotted and weeded out. I've played two or three games in the last couple of days where every single goal has been the exact same goal. You could let one of these guys score ten and every goal would be the same.

You can say it's not a cheat but how is it I can play people who score goal after goal, all of them from the same spot just outside the penalty area, all of the shots chipped diagonally, all of them being missed by the goalkeeper and all of them resulting in goals? If you removed the chip button from the game these people would be fucked, which makes it a cheat to me. The only way to level things up would be if I learned it and did it back to them, but I'm not the kind of bloke who's sad enough to do that, and then the games would finish 7-7 anyway.

Sorry, this isn't aimed at anyone, I'm just getting it off my chest. I'm getting sick and tired of it.

I aint conceded one of these goals in ages, sounds like you are having all the bad luck mate

You're having all the good luck more like, if I play a ranked match now and I purposefully let the other guy have shots, 50% of the time it will be a guy who only shoots using these chip shots and they will practically always go in.

Well in Fifa there are no really reliable cutback goals, in PES due to the laser accurate passing cutback goals have a very high probability.......

Actually you're wrong, ask Coopz how they get 80% of their goals on 5v5 ;)

Not being funny, and I'm not trying to stir it up, but sounds like you might be having a bit of trouble defending, JB. Try an show the guy down the wing, I know it sounds obvious, but little things can make the difference? Don't know, just tryin' to help really.

You say that but what I'm saying that is, with some people, if their chip button broke they would be fucked. Even with the shots they miss they're using chip shots, which says to me it's a cheat.

Oh yea, I know some people would mate, like you say, that really is all some people do. But if you don't give them a chance to do it...

Even the best of us can't stop every chance. Apart from you of course. ;)

All I'm saying is that EA should remove it, they said they had guys on the lookout for these kinds of things but they're staying silent on this one...

:lol: Thanks. Ah right if they say they are lookin for this sort of thing then yea, they missed this one big time lol. But I do think it's a good idea to have different shot types in the game, sometimes it does benefit to place a shot, and sometimes to smash it, sometimes to chip it etc.

But like we've said earlier in this thread, if you give someone time and space from 18 yards, they will invariably score, so...

didnt even know anything like this existed before this thread

maybe it should be deleted before more do and spoil online for us all

same here... but now that i've searched for it on youtube, i remember i once scored a goal like that before.

awesome.

Even the best of us can't stop every chance. Apart from you of course. ;)

All I'm saying is that EA should remove it, they said they had guys on the lookout for these kinds of things but they're staying silent on this one...

I don't think they should remove it. To me it seems like the problem is with the goalkeepers, not the shot itself.

Back
Top Bottom