The FIFA "Chip" Shot.

Jamie LUFC

League 1 - and going up.
29 August 2007
Leeds
Leeds United
This is an obvious bug in the game, that allows you to score damn easy goals, but do people find this un-sporting?

I think it makes games boring, id rather play fairly and take on the challenge.

Thoughts?

Funny you should mention that, I witnessed it twice last night for the first time in a solid month of FIFA playing!

I do actually think it's unsporting but at the end of the day it's not outside the realms of reality. It would be nice to see EA patch it up, but I'd rather see them fix a few other things first...

Just one, new thread for this why? :)

It's a major bug within the game, that i think needs to be adressed. Forgive me if im wrong but I think it merits a thread of it's self.

I just wanted to see people's style of play, it can be a benefit to other users. If you ever play somebody who uses the chip shot regulary you can then adjust your tactics going into the game. Tight zonal marking usually cuts this out.

Ive come across it loads of times whilst playing the adoring XBL nation and its beggining to grit me.

I do hope EA patch this up.

Last edited:
I had a couple of these in a game once - one after the other in the same match. I won't name names (It was in teh online league)

You hit the chip and the keeper just dives and it goes over him.

Very annoying. But when one on one with the keeper its hard to go around him - so this is the obvious option.

I think its unsporting if you do it many times in a game - but on the other hand I don't.......I'm undecided.

Its things like this that piss me off about the game along with the fact that its something used by people who are purely out to win the game rather than enjoy it for what it is.

Anyone who uses it should be shot

didnt even know anything like this existed before this thread

maybe it should be deleted before more do and spoil online for us all

didnt even know anything like this existed before this thread

maybe it should be deleted before more do and spoil online for us all

Same here...just learned a new goal technique thanks ;)

Wanna game CW? :P Just kidding, wouldnt use it anyway. Not seen it used against me either.

OK Do you mean finesse shot or chip shot? I scored 2 Finesse goals past Jack yesterday and he asked me if I was using a cheat because I scored curling away from his keeper. So if this is what you mean, it's by no means a cheat as it requires timing and space. I never considered it cheating, what do you think?

You may need to create the space but if it guarentees you a goal every time you manage to hit one then surely its a cheat

You may need to create the space but if it guarentees you a goal every time you manage to hit one then surely its a cheat

It doesn't , but it's these things why I don't like leagues, the same problems have cropped up since PES leagues, it's either cut backs, bringing down players, sprinting now shooting. People always have issues with something.

Still I'm not clear what the OP intented by chip shot? I do use finesse shots and score some but it's by no means a certain goal or even on target for that matter.

So I really want to know if this is what the OP meant as this is what Jack is accusing me of.

It's a finesse shot, from around the corner edge of the penalty area, which when aimed for the far post can curl and loop away from the goalkeeper. I think I actually scored one last night against Coopz by mistake. But then it wasn't by mistake because I meant to place the shot if you see what I mean...

I have to agree with JayD, I don't think it's cheating, because in real life if you place the ball and curl it around the keeper it is very very hard to save. I don't think it guarantees you a goal every time in FIFA, you have to make your space and then aim the shot and execute it correctly, just like any other shot really.

It's kind of like saying, there's a bug in the game where you can sometimes get the ball 12 yards out with no-else within 10 yards of you and you are allowed to have a shot at the goalkeeper and he has to stay on his line...

Oh yeah i remember, you cheat :)

na i dont think its cheating at all, in real life if you give someone to much space they will punish you

It doesnt matter whether the player is in acres of space or you have two defenders around you, it always seems to be a goal from that position on the pitch. My opinion anyway :)

I wouldnt say its cheating. Id just say it's bloody annoying, EA's fault. If it's there to exploit then what can we as players really do.

Ah well...just wanted your thoughts cheers lads.

Yeah, good thread mate. It is interesting to see what different people think about different things. ie. I didn't really understand the "sprint glitch" until JayD explained it in another thread, and it made me think, right yea, this is actually true to real life.

Cutbacks is another one, very annoying, but if you can guarantee yourself a goal, why not! In real life if Rooney had a chance of a shot against a GK from a tight angle, or to roll the ball across goal for Ronaldo to have a chance of a shot with an open goal and no GK, we know which he should choose!

Well in Fifa there are no really reliable cutback goals, in PES due to the laser accurate passing cutback goals have a very high probability.......

to be honest i never use it and have never ever had it used against me. I thought it was more of a problem in PES where you could chip the goalie nearly every time.

On the subjects of 'shots' in fifa, i need to ask..how the hell do you get power behind free kicks? i can do curling ones with drogba, maybe ronaldo, beckham juninho etc but as soon as someone like naldo from bremen steps up and i want to smash it, he runs up and loops it into the arms of the keeper with zero penetration. Am i doing something wrong?

I've seen it again in random matches today and I'm getting pissed off with it. I can do it myself but I don't, that's the thing.

I've never seen it before previous to Tuesday night, and now I've seen it three times, I'm amazed.

If any of you guys played next gen FIFA 07 then you would be shocked. The RB shot was a well known glitch which would 9/10 result in a goal. It was shocking. I even saw people on the xleague matches using it. I thought they had removed this bug as it is the first thing I tried on 08 and I didnt score. I guess it still crops up every now and again then?

I'll continue to use the finesse shot, it's not a bug or cheat it can go miles over pee roll etc and is by no means a guarenteed goal if your player has space it increases the scoring chances and I can't see what the fuss is about.

I'll continue to use the finesse shot, it's not a bug or cheat it can go miles over pee roll etc and is by no means a guarenteed goal if your player has space it increases the scoring chances and I can't see what the fuss is about.

totally agree jayd.. all of what u said plus the fact that not every player can shoot well with the finness shot... than u have players like riquelme or kaka(just like his goal against ecuador)that will punnish u if open and in good positioning 8/10 times with finness shots in real life and in fifa.

for those who didnt see:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flTVgam-7Yo

Last edited:
totally agree jayd.. all of what u said plus the fact that not every player can shoot well with the finness shot... than u have players like riquelme or kaka(just like his goal against ecuador)that will punnish u if open and in good positioning 8/10 times with finness shots in real life and in fifa.

for those who didnt see:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flTVgam-7Yo

Look, an actual net that looks like the ones in PES2008 :)

Back
Top Bottom