The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim [All Platforms]

I had some frost scroll but it surrounded an area. No matter where I tried to cast it, it always seemed to get me in the affected area and wiped me out.

Yeah I have been killed once or twice by my own scrolls :)).

I happened to glance at my save file the other day and see that I have been playing for 26 hours. I am on level 18(I think) and I have yet to go on my first Grey Beard quest. Is there alot of the game left? I dont know if I will ever finish this game, too much to do.

If you have the quest to get a gem appraised in your misc I recommend you do it. I have had alot of fun on this one so far and have been given an awesome sword for my trouble, aswell as plenty of gold and loot.

You have a LOT of the game to go. A LOT.

I've played for 36 hours and done little, quest wise.

My mate has played 80+ hours now and still hasn't started the Main Quest yet. He's recently finished the Thieves Guild quests.

The one thing - well, another thing - I haven't really touched is Alchemy.

Finished the first The Circle quest last night and then wandered around for a while before setting off to the College of Winterhold. Did the first quest where you find the blue orb at the end. Jesus, it took over 2 hours to complete that. I can imagine the quests that follow will get even longer.

Got some great Staff's though. One that summons a Dwemer for 60 seconds to fight for you is very handy. Takes the focus away from you so you can get some hits in. One of the skeleton guys in the dungeon had the Unrelenting Voice shout and if you get caught in it's radius it knocks the weapon you are using out of your hand. Took ages finding my bow again!

One of the skeleton guys in the dungeon had the Unrelenting Voice shout and if you get caught in it's radius it knocks the weapon you are using out of your hand. Took ages finding my bow again!

I have that shout and it has never worked for me.

Regading the Dwemer, be careful which enemy you summon him against. I have had him turned against me by a Dragon Priest, killed me with one hit. And speaking of killing with one hit, I had a Giant chase me into a camp of Bandits and he killed everyone of them with one swing of his club. I never want to face one of those in combat.

I did a quest where I needed to retrieve something from a giant. First few times he 1-hit-killed me but then I got him onto a ledge and he kinda got stuck whilst I kept circling underneith and darting up now and then to take a swipe with my sword. Worked well enough :)

I did a quest where I needed to retrieve something from a giant. First few times he 1-hit-killed me but then I got him onto a ledge and he kinda got stuck whilst I kept circling underneith and darting up now and then to take a swipe with my sword. Worked well enough :)

Did it take long to kill him? I faced a Dragon Priest that for some reason would not attack me if I kept a fair distance. I used the dwarf bow and orc arrows on him and he took around 30 - 40 arrows to kill him, many of them doing critical damage!

There's an easy way of beating a giant, too. Simply attack him and then run through nearby water. He won't come in after you, more just walk away. Attack him again and repeat.

Did it take long to kill him? I faced a Dragon Priest that for some reason would not attack me if I kept a fair distance. I used the dwarf bow and orc arrows on him and he took around 30 - 40 arrows to kill him, many of them doing critical damage!

Not really, ten swipes or so? I guess it depends how powerful your weapons is though.

My sword seems pretty handy now, it's cutting through most people with ease. Just doing some thieves guild quests and if I'm not doing the animated kills, it's only 2-3 hits to kill them anyway.

I need to try against a troll or something but people? Bah! :TTTH:

Not really, ten swipes or so? I guess it depends how powerful your weapons is though.

My sword seems pretty handy now, it's cutting through most people with ease. Just doing some thieves guild quests and if I'm not doing the animated kills, it's only 2-3 hits to kill them anyway.

I need to try against a troll or something but people? Bah! :TTTH:

My main attacks are 2 handed, I am on level 50 something and have used up alot of perks there. Just picked up a dwarven war hammer or axe and it does something like 48 damage, most bandits and the like are dead in 2 hits, some die after 1 power attack.

Are you enjoying the Thieves Guild quests? I am on the final one at the moment, the stuff Ihave aquired on these quests is amazing. I am looking forward to the main quests now because if side quests are this good then the main must be amazing.

Right I am getting a tad bit bored as most quest seem similar, go find this, bring it back, take a letter, come back, take a ring come back, go here fight some people (the odd changing from bandits to vampires atm), come back haha. Of course with the odd Dragon poppin up here and there.

I think I need a find a good way to level up, as I am only level 9, and unsure what I should be concentrating on, did you guys aim to level up a certain skill then go for it, or build up as you were naturally playing?

I become Thane in two places, not sure what exactly that does, also with Dragons, I see there are different types, are there certain weaknesses they have? I kind of struggle with them, they just fly about blasting me, I even whack a shield out to protect myself, but I lose health and it hardly lands close enough for me to get in and whack him back haha.

Dear me indeed... however most normal quests and enemies, such as bandits, wolves, bears, and those weird tree things and fire things I can fight. I am not to sure what I should do with joining these groups as well. If I join one can I not join another for example?

Having completed the first quest for the College of Winterhold I decided to ease up a bit on the magicka theme and headed off to Riften to attempt the Thieves Guild, after hearing great things about it. Met a caravan trader just outside of Riften who had a few items that boosted bow damage; a set of gauntlets increasing damage by 30% and gloves boosting damage by 15%. As the damage multiplier stacks and I could disenchant the items, I bought both (costing me nearly 4k gold). Sold a lot of needless tat back to him to get some cash back though.

Anyway, I completed the first quest for the Thieves Guild and was then shown around the place. You can loot every chest in there without being frowned upon and in the main chamber hall there are several prize chests of varying lockpick difficulty (novice, apprentice, adept, expert and master). I lost a good few lockpicks on the tougher ones as it bombs you out if one snaps, meaning the position changes for next time, so it's basically trial and error. Glad I stuck it out anyway, as in the expert chest was an Ebony Bow, 54 damage, 12 weight and worth 2k gold! Jackpot, especially as I'm focusing on archery and my current Dwarven bow had a damage rating of 34.

Going to crack on with the Thieves Guild today.

Just begin playing the game, really amazing!!!! Was just finding it to be too easy on default playing as a mage, but changed to expert and now the game is more balanced, have to say far from warriors or else they cut me in two :LOL:

People actually read the books?!?!?!?! I only read stuff that is necessary for a quest. There is soo many of them around I would imagine reading them would double your playing time and I already feel guilty about how much time I have spent playing it.

Has anyone done the Forsworn Conspiracy?
Did the guy in the Shrine Of Talos end up dead? I had a feeling whilst on the quest that it had varying outcomes.

Yeah I can't believe people actually read the books, and looking at the comments on that link they are absolutely thrilled at having them all in a format their Kindle can read. 1600+ pages.

Men. Tal.

Got this the other day. I'm finding the controls a bit clunky. I was exploring a ruin/castle and fell of the edge. Then again i fell through a gap between stairs and the building. It was bit annoying as i'd just killed some guys and got some cool stuff, like the iron helmet with horns, a shield etc

Can you save anywhere or does it only happen st certain points?

Quick save is your best friend. Save anywhere at any time and it's well worth doing, especially on the PC where it has a habit of crashing when you've done quite a bit and forgot to save.

damn, this game is too addictive... i can´t play anything else now! :P

Same here. I've put 62 hours into this now. I thought I'd be getting withdrawal symptoms from BF3 and Fifa 12 but Skyrim is ticking me over nicely.

From last night's play :

Faced my first Dragon Priest on my way to a Thieves Guild quest. Noticed a dragon sitting atop a rocky alcove on a snowy mountain, so stealth shot an arrow up it's arse. Took a little while but managed to slay it. Walked towards the alcove and Lydia says, "I don't like the looks of this." Meh. Women.

Turns out it was a word wall being protected by what I originally thought to be a skeleton. Erm, no. It was a Dragon Priest, Krosis. Took about 5 minutes of running around healing myself while casting Dremora's with my Sanguine's Rose staff. The bastard took about 5 of them out.

Anyway, he was killed in the end and I took his fireball staff and his mask. Wearing it gives me 20% on Lockpick, Archery and Alchemy, IIRC. Not bad.

I then went on to complete the Blindsighted quest (I believe it's the penultimate quest for the Thieves Guild). Those Falmer chaps were... characters. Had a tough time with some of them, especially when in packs. Have to say I was expecting Mercer to be more of a challenge. Saying that, as he uses invisibility to his advantage, I used my Detect Life scroll on him, therefore rendering his ability worthless. Not only that, but I used the Sanguine's Rose staff and a Dremora went to work on him. Even while invisible that brute chased him all over the shop with his sword of embers. I just sat back and then rushed over near the end and put in a few timely sword swings. He had one hell of an inventory to take - mostly jewels and potions but a few choice weapons and of course the Quest items. I thought I would had to leave a few things behind as I was overencumbered, but then remembered I had Leather Boots of Strength which increased carrying capacity by 35. Result. At the very end of the quest, Karliah also gave me her Nightingale Bow, which was very impressive. Trouble is, I already have an Ebony bow which I had just upgraded to "Equisite" stage - giving 82 damage. So I first need the Smithing perk to allow me to improve magicka weapons and I'll use an Ebony ingot on her bow to see where that takes me. It's pretty neat in standard form, it freezes the target for 30 points and does 15 points of shock damage. Also got that skeleton key which is an unbreakable pick. Will use that on a few locks I've pinpointed across the map before I have to return it. Boo.

Same here. I've put 62 hours into this now. I thought I'd be getting withdrawal symptoms from BF3 and Fifa 12 but Skyrim is ticking me over nicely.

From last night's play :

Faced my first Dragon Priest on my way to a Thieves Guild quest. Noticed a dragon sitting atop a rocky alcove on a snowy mountain, so stealth shot an arrow up it's arse. Took a little while but managed to slay it. Walked towards the alcove and Lydia says, "I don't like the looks of this." Meh. Women.

Turns out it was a word wall being protected by what I originally thought to be a skeleton. Erm, no. It was a Dragon Priest, Krosis. Took about 5 minutes of running around healing myself while casting Dremora's with my Sanguine's Rose staff. The bastard took about 5 of them out.

Anyway, he was killed in the end and I took his fireball staff and his mask. Wearing it gives me 20% on Lockpick, Archery and Alchemy, IIRC. Not bad.

I then went on to complete the Blindsighted quest (I believe it's the penultimate quest for the Thieves Guild). Those Falmer chaps were... characters. Had a tough time with some of them, especially when in packs. Have to say I was expecting Mercer to be more of a challenge. Saying that, as he uses invisibility to his advantage, I used my Detect Life scroll on him, therefore rendering his ability worthless. Not only that, but I used the Sanguine's Rose staff and a Dremora went to work on him. Even while invisible that brute chased him all over the shop with his sword of embers. I just sat back and then rushed over near the end and put in a few timely sword swings. He had one hell of an inventory to take - mostly jewels and potions but a few choice weapons and of course the Quest items. I thought I would had to leave a few things behind as I was overencumbered, but then remembered I had Leather Boots of Strength which increased carrying capacity by 35. Result. At the very end of the quest, Karliah also gave me her Nightingale Bow, which was very impressive. Trouble is, I already have an Ebony bow which I had just upgraded to "Equisite" stage - giving 82 damage. So I first need the Smithing perk to allow me to improve magicka weapons and I'll use an Ebony ingot on her bow to see where that takes me. It's pretty neat in standard form, it freezes the target for 30 points and does 15 points of shock damage. Also got that skeleton key which is an unbreakable pick. Will use that on a few locks I've pinpointed across the map before I have to return it. Boo.

62 hours!!!!!!!!!!! I have banned myself from playing games in the week now, Skyrim & FIFA12 were taking up all my time not spent working and walking my dog.

My Dremora were turned against me by Krosis, he also turned my flame atronach against me so I just ran away after a few attempts. I fast traveled back there later and was able to pick him off with arrows without him attacking for some reason, took ages though. Not looking forward to facing anymore dragon priests.

The Falmer are best left alone. I take it you have the Nightingale apparel, just sneak around them they are blind and with the NIghtingale boots they cant hear you. They are tough f'kers though, I set my Dremora on a group of 3 and they killed him in about 10 seconds!

I thought about keeping the Skeleton Key but its well worth taking it back, you get some goodies in return.

How did you get a bow up to 82 damage? I thought my Elven War Hammer with 47 was pretty damn powerful! Is it through smithing? I have yet to touch that part of the game, all I have used and upgraded so far is sneak, lockpicking, archery, two handed weaopns and block. I might need to diversify.

62 hours!!!!!!!!!!! I have banned myself from playing games in the week now, Skyrim & FIFA12 were taking up all my time not spent working and walking my dog.

My Dremora were turned against me by Krosis, he also turned my flame atronach against me so I just ran away after a few attempts. I fast traveled back there later and was able to pick him off with arrows without him attacking for some reason, took ages though. Not looking forward to facing anymore dragon priests.

The Falmer are best left alone. I take it you have the Nightingale apparel, just sneak around them they are blind and with the NIghtingale boots they cant hear you. They are tough f'kers though, I set my Dremora on a group of 3 and they killed him in about 10 seconds!

I thought about keeping the Skeleton Key but its well worth taking it back, you get some goodies in return.

How did you get a bow up to 82 damage? I thought my Elven War Hammer with 47 was pretty damn powerful! Is it through smithing? I have yet to touch that part of the game, all I have used and upgraded so far is sneak, lockpicking, archery, two handed weaopns and block. I might need to diversify.

Yeah 62 hours. My mate has done over 100. I was also reading a thread on the Bethesda forums and a guy has played for over 230 hours! I usually play it when the missus goes to bed and sometimes a bit longer at weekends.

I guess I was lucky in that Krosis didn't turn my Dremora's against me. I had Lydia as well but they kept getting owned badly by him. Krosis is apparently the toughest of all the Dragon Priests, which is a bonus of sorts.

I'm level 32 or 33 at the moment, so the Ebony bow I collected from the chest in the Thieves Guild was already at 42 damage. I then used the grindstone and an Ebony ingot to craft it to "Superior" level which was 59. Last night I did the same again to "Equisite" level which took it up to 82. I also have Gauntlets which increase bow damage by 30% and I disenchanted a circlet with the power of 15% bow damage too and used that power on a ring which I have renamed Archers Band :COOL: It all stacks so my Archery skill is pretty handy now.

I have 68 Archery and 96 Sneak which is very, very effective, especially with the perk for 3x damage with the bow when in stealth mode. You can take out a lot of enemies in one shot as they can't see you.

Yeah 62 hours. My mate has done over 100. I was also reading a thread on the Bethesda forums and a guy has played for over 230 hours! I usually play it when the missus goes to bed and sometimes a bit longer at weekends.

I guess I was lucky in that Krosis didn't turn my Dremora's against me. I had Lydia as well but they kept getting owned badly by him. Krosis is apparently the toughest of all the Dragon Priests, which is a bonus of sorts.

I'm level 32 or 33 at the moment, so the Ebony bow I collected from the chest in the Thieves Guild was already at 42 damage. I then used the grindstone and an Ebony ingot to craft it to "Superior" level which was 59. Last night I did the same again to "Equisite" level which took it up to 82. I also have Gauntlets which increase bow damage by 30% and I disenchanted a circlet with the power of 15% bow damage too and used that power on a ring which I have renamed Archers Band :COOL: It all stacks so my Archery skill is pretty handy now.

I have 68 Archery and 96 Sneak which is very, very effective, especially with the perk for 3x damage with the bow when in stealth mode. You can take out a lot of enemies in one shot as they can't see you.

Do you need a high Smithing skill to be able to up the damage of the bow that much? Also I looked in the chests at the Thieves Guild and never found an Ebony Bow, do you remember where about's it was?

Have you resumed the main quests yet or are you still doing the side & misc ones?

Its pretty amazing(or sad) that someone has spent over 200 hours in the game. I nearly bought Uncharted 3 instead of Skyrim, I really enjoyed 2 but I read that 3 only goes on for 8 hours which put me off as the online doesnt appeal to me. That guy could of played Uncharted 3 through 29 times in the period spent in Skyrim and I am guessing he is still yet to finish it, what brilliant value for money!

Do you need a high Smithing skill to be able to up the damage of the bow that much? Also I looked in the chests at the Thieves Guild and never found an Ebony Bow, do you remember where about's it was?

Have you resumed the main quests yet or are you still doing the side & misc ones?

Its pretty amazing(or sad) that someone has spent over 200 hours in the game. I nearly bought Uncharted 3 instead of Skyrim, I really enjoyed 2 but I read that 3 only goes on for 8 hours which put me off as the online doesnt appeal to me. That guy could of played Uncharted 3 through 29 times in the period spent in Skyrim and I am guessing he is still yet to finish it, what brilliant value for money!

Unsure on the Smithing skills, but I'm level 50 or thereabouts I think.

The Ebony bow I picked up from the Training Room in the TG. I think it was from the Expert Chest (there are chests from Novice through to Master). Perhaps the contents are random.

Back
Top Bottom