The Difference Between Scotland and America....

Carl

Ban Master
Staff
27 December 2001
N.I.
West Ham United FC
If this had happened in a US airport, compared to glasgow!

Eyewitness accounts.

America:"Oh my God! there was a man on fire,he was running about, i just ran for my life..i thought i was gonna die,he got so close to me"

Glasgow : "Cunt wis running aboot on fire,so a ran up n gave him a good boot,then decked him"

America:"I just wanna get home,away from here..i just wanna get home,i thought i was gonna die"

Glasgow:"here shug,am no leaving here till am oan a f*ckin' plane!"

America:"there was pandemonium,people were running in all directions,we didn't know what was hapening,i thought i was gonna die"

Glasgow:"Fuck this fir a kerry oan,moan we ll get a pint in"

America:"We thought he was gonna blow us all up he had a gas canister,and was trying to get into his trunk,i thought we were gonna die,i just ran for my life"

Glasgow:"a swaggered by the motor that wis on fire,and the dafty
couldnae even open his boot,he wis in fire annaw so a ran up n gave him a good boot to the baws"

America:there was this huge explosion,it sounded like war,i thought i was gonna die"

Glasgow:"There wis a bang,yi know when yi throw BO tin intae a fire it wis like that"

America:"i'm too traumatised even to speak,i thought i was gonna die"

Glasgow "here mate,gies 2 minutes till a phone ma auld dear,if am gonna be oan the telly a want her tae tape it"

& finally, two quotes from an eye-witness.........john smeaton (these are real) John just surpassed himself on the National ITV news.

The interviewer asked "What message do you have for the bombers" - he replied "This is Glasgow we'll just set about you"

John done an interview on cnn and they asked how he restrained the guy and he said "me and other folk were just tryin 2 get the boot in and some other guy banjoed him"

Am I the only one who finds that a bit... Dodgy?

Sorry but if someone flew two jumbo jets into two Scottish landmarks and killed hundreds/thousands of people, and someone then made a "joke" insinuating that all Scots were cowards who shat their pants on the sight of an aeroplane, then it wouldn't be so funny, I'm guessing.

But never mind, there's more insulting jokes than this out there. Most of which are funnier, and I've laughed at. Just making a point - if anyone finds this joke racist, then I would understand why.

• Staff
Jack, get a grip, if you find this joke racist, you should be finding 24 racist. It is putting a spin of humour on something that could of been much worse, I was sent it via email and thought it would get a giggle. The Real Life quotes are much funnier than anything made up.

It's not poking fun at the Twin Towers attack, it merely suggesting that if what had happened in Glasgow had happened in the US there would of been a whole host of OTT comments.

But if it's having to be explained or defended like this, then we no one can make a feckin joke about anything............. Put Classic's lilt on it and read it again, I bet you smile.

I wasn't saying that I personally found it racist, I was saying that if anyone else complained that it was, I could sympathise. As I said, I've heard more offensive jokes than that, and I've laughed at most of them. But I could understand if someone complained. Never mind.

www.johnsmeaton.com

The man is a legend.

Once a cobra bit John Smeaton on the leg. After 5 days of excrutiating pain, the cobra died.

John Smeaton can strangle you with a cordless phone.

John Smeaton can make a woman climax by looking at her and shouting ALLAH!

:lol:

I wasn't saying that I personally found it racist, I was saying that if anyone else complained that it was, I could sympathise. As I said, I've heard more offensive jokes than that, and I've laughed at most of them. But I could understand if someone complained. Never mind.

i found it was stupid, not racist. I mean really... I really dont get the joke in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom