The Contender

K

Kenny M

anyone see this on friday?

i thought it was very good and c i can't wait for next weeks fight.

the underdog gomez really had some silky skills over the powerhouse manfredo jnr - who i thought would knock gomez out.

I was waiting for someone to start a Thread on this :)

I Watched it last Monday on ITV2 ... Thought it was the best bit of TV I've seen in 2005 so far.

I was amazed when Gomez went against his Groups plan and wanted to fight Manfredo Jr.

I thought he would've got KO'd by Manfredo Jr. but fair play to him he was the underdog, but he believed in himself and got the job done.

I was on the edge of my seat watching those 5 rounds :)

Looking forward to this Monday for Episode 2.

P.S.

I also loved it when Ishe was playing "Mind Games" with Ahmed while he was sparring .... Great tactics ;-)

SilverSpider said:
I was waiting for someone to start a Thread on this :)

I Watched it last Monday on ITV2 ... Thought it was the best bit of TV I've seen in 2005 so far.

I was amazed when Gomez went against his Groups plan and wanted to fight Manfredo Jr.

I thought he would've got KO'd by Manfredo Jr. but fair play to him he was the underdog, but he believed in himself and got the job done.

I was on the edge of my seat watching those 5 rounds :)

Looking forward to this Monday for Episode 2.

P.S.

I also loved it when Ishe was playing "Mind Games" with Ahmed while he was sparring .... Great tactics ;-)

just watched the second ep. you'll be in for a suprise!

so far, both my predictions for winners were wrong :(

i love the reactions on sly and sugar ray's faces when big punches connect! oooh! aaahhh! hahah.

I thought it was ok, but it is JUST the apprentice with boxers ;)

The bloke who fogot the codes for the padlock, what a joker, i'm suprised his team carried on speaking to him!

Yeah i think the program is great as well

Please to all US people who are a month or so in advance put *SPOILERS* cuz us Brits have only seen 1 episode so far

Back to the program i dont know it was a one off but the first ep was probebly the best thing i have watched in years

Them 2 guys taunting each other while sparing was great and i cannot Believe Gomez beat Manfredo, He deserved it though and was even taunting him in the 4th round!!!

*SPOILER* well sad news as well

I also heard from Placebo that boxer Najai Turpin in the Contender has comitted suicide

*Spolier over*

Phew that was Heavy going that Episode ...

I guess we only really got to know what Najai was like after seeing tonights show, As he hasn't really Featured on it too much upto now for obvious Reasons.

He seemed like a really Genuine guy and a good Father too ... Such an awful shame and such a waste of Life at 23yrs Old.

I definitely found Tonight's show really hard to watch given that we already knew what lay ahead for Him.

Najai Turpin ... Rest In Peace

JayD said:
What happened to him?

This sums it up

The 58-year-old Rocky star says he and Mark Burnett were shocked to learn that Najai Turpin, a 23-year-old aspiring prize fighter who took part in their forthcoming elimination-style boxing reality series, The Contender, had committed suicide in Philadelphia earlier this week

Commited suicide???? its sounds more like a hit to me. Boxing is a dangerous game both in and out of the ring.

He had an arguement with his girlfriend and shot himself

In the interview with that women he said he didnt trust anyone and had no friends so seemed a little unstable

I know the winner of this show wins a million dollars do they also get a title shot? what is the weight division? Middleweight? Who is the current champ?

I am Dissapointed with last nights show

it aint right to give manfredo another chance and now hes in the last 8

i hope Gomez gets to fight him again and kick him out of the comp again

Back
Top Bottom