The Championship 2004/2005 Thread

Yeah a draw's feasible, we're drawing a lot recently, reckon we might scrape this one though, I'd go for 2-1 to us, reckon they'll score at least one cause like you say, they're alright at home. Reckon Kenny Miller's hungry....come on son!

Too right, I dunno what's going on with all these late goals we've been having. We're just chasing the game at the moment, always going behind, I just want this season to be over so we can build for the next one.

Any predictions for tonight? I reckon you'll do Burnley 2 or 3 - 0, five straight wins and it would put you in a comfy position.

I said 3-0 my mate said 2-0

I hate predicting games though but for some reason i am confident in my scoreline

Tough luck last night bud, at least pesky-dildo got you something out of the game.

Back on to the contracts thing, I'm thinking it must be normal practice in this division to leave contract talks late, seems stupid to me, surely it just increases the risk of people leaving on free transfers. But yeah, you thought yours was bad check this for list of people whose contracts end this year:

Michael Oakes
Matt Murray
Joachim Bjorklund
Paul Ince
Shaun Newton
Dean Sturridge
Keith Andrews
George Ndah

Now I'm not saying by any means that we should be keeping all of these players, but jesus, thats half a fucking squad!!!
Not to mention the fact that Hoddle's contract is also up so we don't even know if he will still be here next year or not......What a state we are in :(

haha contracts just do my head in, if i was a manager i would get all my top players to sign 10 years deals

The Burnley games was shit really we were all over em in spells and hit the post twice (again) and had some good shots saved. They had a free kick and a free header thats all haha

Forest tomorrow woooooooooooooooooooooooo

I know mate, Forest, the big one..... I miss a good local derby, looks like we'll have one to look forward to next year cause we ain't going anywhere and Albion are definately coming down. Probably the only good thing to come out of this season, that and the fact that Dave Jones is no longer with us :)

Watford for us tomorrow, come on lads, 3 points please..............

Another draw......joy...better than losing I suppose....Shame you couldn't put the double over on Forest, still, I'd imagine the Derby fans will have taken full verbal advantage of Forest's current league position :mryellow:

I do believe we're off to a certain Pride Park on Wednesday evening....

Haha yeah in your current situation i would be dissapointed with anthing less than 3 points

But our home form is shit so i doubt we will get em

Another draw then! :mrgreen:

We're better away than at home a lot of the time just because our support can be better. Looking at the table I'd be well happy with a draw from this one..

:shock: :shock: :shock: 3-3!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Two more last minute goals!?!?!!? I'll take that away at your end I reckon!

\\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/

I tell ya what i have never seen such bad officials in my entire life

they were so bad the Wolves and Derby fans Booed em off

A disallowed goal from each side when both were clearly onside, a Penalty that was taken 3 times and there must have been 40 fouls when there wasnt a single tackle that stood out in the game

Its disgraceful i hope Derby and Wolves complain about them

I would have taken a draw before the game so im happy, 7 out of 9 was my target for the next 3. Plymouth and QPR next at home :)

Oh yeah and we hit the post twice again, that takes our woodwork tally upto about 25, 15 more than anyone else haha unbelievable

My little brother travelled up for it, sounds like he had a quality night, certainly no shortage of goals and excitement.

What was with the penalty do you know? I've not seen it yet, figured it must be the keeper coming off his line or something, there's been a bit of that around again recently. I'm sure they randomly decide to start clamping down on things like that, They were re-taking penalties in the Arsenal- Sheffs Utd game the other day aswell...

Well done lads :applause: \\:o/ :applause: \\:o/ :applause:

A comfortable 4-1 win away at Crewe, why oh why has it taken this long for them to play like this? Thats seven goals in two games, thats almost impressive if you momentarily forget about the four we've conceded :roll: .

God day for Derby as well, fourth now, we need to do you a favour next weekend when we play 'em though.

The hazy heights of 13th for us tonight...I don't think we've been this high up the table all year! :lmao:

Only one thing to do in this situation.... :cheers:

Top of the league ven if it was only for a night

Its in our hands now, our run in is one of the hardest ive seen though so we will have to wait and see

Not a bad season at all for you mate, It's looking good for automatic. I know your run in isn't the easiest but your next three fixtures are ones which you should be able to get full points from....Crewe away :D, then Plymouth and Cov at home, all well winable.

Did you see Akinbiyi's sending off last night? I've not seen it but I heard he was on the pitch for all of about three minutes, then an elbow and a headbutt or something?

Yeah what a tit

First an elbow smash, then a headbut and then he throttled him

Derby were Pants today

But we hit the Woodwork twice again hahahahhaha

And guess who hit it.............Correct Idiakez, he must have hit it 15 times out of the 24 how unlucky

But yeah we were shit today and didnt deserve 3 points, they missed a Peno as well but im not complaining

QPR next

Shaun Newton has left the land of gold and black to return to the big smoke, signed for the hammers today, for 10 grand!!!! He would have gone in the summer anyway so it is a nominal fee, but 10k :shock:

Apparently there is a mystery signing lined up in the next 24 hours, so not all bad news......possibly.. Probly end up being someone crap :(

.....Rohan Ricketts on a month loan...Probly play twice, three times maximum, wow. Could be a decent signing if we can keep him for longer.

We're playing Burnley at home tomorrow night, got to get something out of that game, and hopefully Ricketts can have a positive impact. I'm thinking 2-1 or 2-0, come on Wolves!

Home to QPR on wednesday for your lot isn't it Coopz? feeling confident?

Im trying not to get excited by it all but we could be in the prem very soon

I think any club going up now needs major investment to stay up, which we wont get so itll be up and down probably

I rate your chances mate, I put a few quid on Sunderland to win it.

You've got Plymouth at home tomorrrow haven't you? I'd normally say that's not too difficult a fixture, but they won 5-1 in their last match so they could be pretty dangerous.

lostinstoke said:
.....Rohan Ricketts on a month loan...Probly play twice, three times maximum, wow. Could be a decent signing if we can keep him for longer.

We're playing Burnley at home tomorrow night, got to get something out of that game, and hopefully Ricketts can have a positive impact. I'm thinking 2-1 or 2-0, come on Wolves!

Home to QPR on wednesday for your lot isn't it Coopz? feeling confident?

Im never confident when we are at Home

its a massive game for us as is every game now really, but realistically we should be looking to win our home games to stay in the top 6.

Some nice results for us today

we aint catching Sunderland, Wigan or Ipswich so i aint fussed about them so all the important results went our way

if we win tomorrow we can be 8 points clear of 7th place which is nice :)

I know mate, it's looking good for you, play-offs are always tricky though.

Good win for the boys in gold and black last night \\:o/
It's about time we got some results to cheer about.

Just hope they can do Stoke over for me on saturday, it's gonna be my first game in ages, so they better not let me down. Takin my misses to see her first game! :roll:

Good game on saturday, glad I went back for it, we had the best of the posession and definatley the best of the chances, shame we couldn't put any away until injury time. Minutes silence for Bill McGarry was done brilliantly by everybody, home and away fans. To be fair Stoke played the way they normally do and the way a lot of teams play away from home. They packed out a five man midfield and then played every man behind the ball. The emphasis is well more on stopping the home team attacking than scoring yourselves which can make the game pretty boring. We did play some decent attacking football though and to be honest I was just happy to be back in the golden palace for the first time in absolutely ages. Come on Wolves!!!!

Last edited:
Just a few more 1-1 draws ](*,) and then finally.....salvation!!! 2-0!!! \\:o/ get down Ipswich [-X , I didn't see that one coming, thought we were gonna get hammered to be honest. Too bad our season's already over, begs the question why couldn't we play like that before?

Bit of a favour done for Sunderland and Wigan more than anything else.

Last edited:
Well you got it, 1-1, a result that is better for other teams than it is for the two involved. United could have done with the points for the play-offs, but god knows Forest needed more than a point....oh well....;)...the Megson revival continues....:mrgreen:

Great result :)

Forest going down and Sheff Utd still below us, could you wish for anymore?

Back
Top Bottom