The Championship 2004/2005 Thread

3rd draw in a row

by the sound of it we had the better chances but im happy with a draw :)

*trys to resuscitate thread*

Surprised there's been no comment in the last month. Thought the Sunderland and Derby contingent would be gloating :)

Crewe are looking a little better. Astonishing that Ashton is the top scorer in the division considering he has missed games and is only 60% most of the time. Consensus is he'll be off to the Prem in January, can't see us staying up if he does. Pity our defense is the worst in the division. Dario even subbed a centre-halve before half-time yesterday since the player was trying to gift the Gills a goal.

The division boggles me. We've beaten Brighton 3-1 home & away and they look like a certain division 1 team against us. Yet, Brighton can go to West Ham and Leicester and win!

We need to get this thread going again now we are in the top 6 :)

I heard on other boards that Leeds fans saying when we beat them 2-0 a week ago it was our cup final :)

Sore losers ey, we played em off the park and should have had more goals.

we also should have beat Fulham in the cup but i fancy our chances away, next up is Brighton away

mr coopz, derby impressed the shit out of me when they played in the FA cup, they look like a quality side... i enjoyed there play

Cheers mate its good to know someone knows there footy :)

Our team has come on unbelievably since last season, this is now Burleys side and its showing. Hes bought 4 great players in this season Rasiak, Idiakez, Bisgaard and Tommy Smith. And we have found a formation that suits our play as well 4-5-1 we are now known as one of the best counter attacking teams in the division.

MrCoopz said:
Cheers mate its good to know someone knows there footy :)

Our team has come on unbelievably since last season, this is now Burleys side and its showing. Hes bought 4 great players in this season Rasiak, Idiakez, Bisgaard and Tommy Smith. And we have found a formation that suits our play as well 4-5-1 we are now known as one of the best counter attacking teams in the division.
tommy smith looks to be a stud!!! i cant beleive a prem team hasnt swooped him up

Get in

A nice 3-2 win and our 5th away win in a row :)

If we keep getting results the top 2 is a realistic finish for us ATM

Should have guessed it would only be a Derby fan remaining on this thread....I would love to forget this season completely..... Derby are looking top class at the moment though, really good game against fulham. To be fair they did really well to push 'em to extra time and unlucky to end up a man down. If they had been premiership matches, you would have taken two points off Fulham this season, think the Derby lads have done themselves proud with those two games.

Cheers Pal its weird to have compliments from other supporters

I am making the most of it while i can becuase for 5-6 season we have been shit. But now GB has his own team we are doin the business.

The lads were great at Fulham and should of had the game won by halftime really but i would rather be out of the cup anyway. I dont want anymore injuries fucking up our season.

Smitch went off after 15 minutes and Jonno looked like he broke his leg or did his knee in. So we are fucked for injuries, but it looks like we are bringing in Tony Popovic to fill in for now.

Rotherham away on Saturday then the big one the week after methinks against Forest.

BTW what has happened to your lot this season?

MrCoopz said:
Cheers Pal its weird to have compliments from other supporters

BTW what has happened to your lot this season?

Yeah my missus is from Derby so I've got a bit of a soft spot, it's good to see them winning again, unless they're playing Wolves! To be fair I think what happened to us this year was DAVE JONES ](*,) . That guy wasted so much money and then didn't spend in areas which clearly needed it. We lost some important players like Rae, Irwin and Butler, and they just weren't replaced simple as. I like the way Hoddle has been tackling the situation since he came, he seems to at least have restored some confidence in the players and now were starting to see people like Seol begin to shine.

We would have played you this weekend if you hadn't played so well against Fulham, think it's been re-arranged for the 2nd of March now......Come on Wolves! :mrgreen:

Yeah we have got you the first wednesday in March now i think

Im crossing my fingers on my Forest tickets arriving tomorrow. They only gave us 2500 so i bet i dont get em :(

Fucking wank Forest

Got my letter today saying my application was unsuccessful so no tickets for me

2500 tickets due to "safety" becuase we stood up all game last time, they must be fucking stupid becuase now the people who cant get tickets will go in the Forest end

Great safety well done

ah well ill go to the beamback at pride park i bet there will be at least 3000 there :)

Boo that sucks man, well at least they didn't make you queue for hours and then turn you down ;)

When we wanted ticketd for the play-off final we literally had to queue outside molineux for about 6-7 hours! The line went all round the stadium and back into town, it was an absolue nightmare, people passing out and shit. Mind you we got tickets so it was worth it :mrgreen:

Can't believe that dirty rat Camara scored twice in the Euro XI v World XI, it makes me sick! him and Seol together in this division would have been quality to watch, some people just don't understand the words honour, contract or loyalty.

Contracts dont mean shit nowadays

We have Rasiak, Reich, Mills and Taylor whos contracts expires in the summer

On a lighter note due to the low ammount of tickets for the forest match we are all gonna pack out there Trent End instead :)

Fuckin ell we're a joke, doing our best to throw all the points away to gillingham, useless, thank god for Leon Clarke. Another good day for the Derby boys by the looks of things. Why can't we play like that?!?!?!

Hey mate we have struggled for 5-6 seasons so this is well overdue :)

We are in the top 4 now 6 points off 2nd

Burnley on Wednesday at Home then Forest away on saturday i dont wanna predict them 2 games :)

I agree to be honest mate it's long overdue, and if Palace and Albion can get up there then Derby can definately have a go of it, could be looking at the automatic spots in a few weeks. I reckon today was final confirmation for us of not making the play-offs, not a chance in hell now. our next fixtures:
Feb 22 QPR (A)
Feb 26 Watford (H)
Mar 02 Derby (A)
Mar 05 Crewe (A)
Mar 12 Preston (A)
Can't see us getting the points we need from these games, 4 out of five away......

Sheva will not be fit to play vs. Man. Utd. , after a fractured cheekbone..... :( :(

here is a picture
shevnews04.jpg

Nasty.....

Mate I would post that in the United supporters thread so that at least people see it, this is the fizzy pop league thread and there's only even been two people on it for weeks...:mrgreen:

Good find that picture though, where did you get it?

Haha i think he thought it was a Champions league thread :)

I cant wait for the Match on Wednesday i just hope they play well at home

Its been so long since our last home match i cant remember if we won or not

Looking back look at our run
The only games that we have lost we should have won, the ones at home to Millwall and Cardiff :)

8 wins out of 12 in the league the past 3 months, 2 losses out of 12.

Its unreal considering for the past 2 seasons we have nearly got relegated, i just wanna chat about Derby all day haha ;)

December
Sat 4 H Coventry City FLC D 2-2
Sat 11 H Nottm Forest FLC W 3-0
Sat 18 A Plymouth FLC W 2-0
Sun 26 A Wigan Athletic FLC W 2-1
Tue 28 H Millwall FLC L 0-3

January
Sat 1 H Cardiff City FLC L 0-1
Mon 3 A Reading FLC W 1-0
Sat 8 H Wigan Athletic FACP W 2-1
Sun 16 H Sunderland FLC L 0-2
Sun 23 A West Ham FLC W 2-1
Wed 26 H Leeds United FLC W 2-0
Sat 29 H Fulham FACP D 1-1

February
Sat 5 A Brighton FLC W 3-2
Sat 12 A Fulham FACP L 2-4(aet)
Sat 19 A Rotherham FLC W 3-1

BTW it looks like this is mine and ur thread cuz nobody else seems interested :)

Lookin at those results you're probably the most consistant in the league at the moment, which is the key to getting out of it. If they keep playing like this then I reckon automatic is well within reach because the teams around you will drop points at some stage for sure.

Butatista said:
You are certainly in form at the mo, I think you will make the playoff's. Or if you continue like this is automatic promotion a possibility?

I think Automatic promotion is possable but i cant see us keeping this kind of form for the last 15 games

I know Derby too well, you would think we would beat Burnley quite easilly but my guess is that we will lose as we always do when the pressure is on at home

Yeah but it took Burley 6 months to sign his so i dont expect them 3 to sign any time soon

The Board just tell us what we wanna hear

Thats it really isn't it, you usually get one of two types of board, those that tell the fans what they want to hear despite whatever's really happening, and those who just don't say anything until they have to. I think Wolves have the latter.

Whats ur prediction for ur game agaisnt QPR tonight?

i think a 2-2 draw cuz they aint to bad at home

Back
Top Bottom