The Championship 2004/2005 Thread

by the way mick im sorry for u cos last year i predicted sunderland as the playoffs winners... :oops:

MrCoopz said:
fuckin hell that is the worst home game i have seen for ages

i haven't seen the game but when you scored the equaliser I thought you'd have won the match... it was a good chance to climb the table as sunderland stopped wigan and reading and plymouth lost too...

Tomorrow think we don't stand a chance at bramall lane...

:roll:

We were Lucky too get 2 goals, we did have 2 cleared off the line as well but we were shit for 90 minutes

i could tell from the off that 3 strikers were gonna cause us problems.

Just watch the highlights and u will see why u dont have two 17 year olds playing at the back

MrCoopz, Crewe did have one 17-year-old playing at the back! Its not just Derby with inexperienced players both Crewe full-backs had no experience at this level a year ago. Think Derby fans are being harsh on their players. Ashton and Jones cause Championship defenses problems all the time, it was also Jones' first start of the season in the league because of off-field troubles.I actually thought you looked better than Forest who we drew 2-2 with a couple of weeks ago.

Crewe were really up for it since a draw or loss would have left them on 2-3 points. With the next game in a fortnight Dario and the troopers knew they'd be bottom going into the next game had they not won.

Most goals in the For and Against columns with three of the top 6 goalscorers, Crewe are gonna be in plenty of humdingers this season and for anyone other than a Derby supporter yesterdays game was very entertaining.

Super Dario Land said:
MrCoopz, Crewe did have one 17-year-old playing at the back! Its not just Derby with inexperienced players both Crewe full-backs had no experience at this level a year ago. Think Derby fans are being harsh on their players. Ashton and Jones cause Championship defenses problems all the time, it was also Jones' first start of the season in the league because of off-field troubles.I actually thought you looked better than Forest who we drew 2-2 with a couple of weeks ago.

Crewe were really up for it since a draw or loss would have left them on 2-3 points. With the next game in a fortnight Dario and the troopers knew they'd be bottom going into the next game had they not won.

Most goals in the For and Against columns with three of the top 6 goalscorers, Crewe are gonna be in plenty of humdingers this season and for anyone other than a Derby supporter yesterdays game was very entertaining.

you had 1

We had two 1 of which has played ONLY 3 games at any level apart from reserves.

We played shit the 2 youngster aint an excuse but were at fault for 2 goals (and the week before Doyle was at fault for another 2)and we only get on there backs becuase the first 4 games (excluding QPR) we have played really well. So a performance like that is just not acceptable. And if we are gonna get anywhere in this league we need to beat teams like Crewe at home, no disrespect like :)

MrCoopz said:
Super Dario Land said:

... And if we are gonna get anywhere in this league we need to beat teams like Crewe at home, no disrespect like :)

That's the point m8...

I'll be perfectly honest, I don't know too much about the other championship teams yet.

But, I'd like to nominate the leeds strikers as the worst in the division. anyone think another teams are worse than ours?

fenian said:
I'll be perfectly honest, I don't know too much about the other championship teams yet.

But, I'd like to nominate the leeds strikers as the worst in the division. anyone think another teams are worse than ours?

Haha i said that before the season started

Gotta disagree, let's give ricketts more time, I still rely on him, though I think we're already out for a playoff place...

Reading away tomorow night, another potentially hard game

A few more bad results and i can see McCarthy starting to get some pressure by the fans

Fucking Hell is there a that game thats goes by when we dont get fucked by the referee?

This time is was a so called "premiership" cunt

Stoke scored the ref gave handball and let us take the free kick while all the scoke players were celebrating, we had 3 players on the goalie and he calls play back even though had had already said we could take it. Fucking decisons like that should see some action taken agaisnt the ref

To make it worse Stoke scored with 20 seconds of injury time left

Fuck the referees

super mick mcarthy said:
Reading away tomorow night, another potentially hard game

A few more bad results and i can see McCarthy starting to get some pressure by the fans

A few more bad results and i can see your nick starting to change :mrgreen:

MrCoopz said:
you had 1

We played shit the 2 youngster aint an excuse but were at fault for 2 goals (and the week before Doyle was at fault for another 2)and we only get on there backs becuase the first 4 games (excluding QPR) we have played really well. So a performance like that is just not acceptable. And if we are gonna get anywhere in this league we need to beat teams like Crewe at home, no disrespect like :)
No disrespect, heh, hope you beat a top six Premiership side this season and have to put up with all those pundits saying it was the "better" team that played like shit which brought about the result. :)

Wasn't disagreeing with your defence being more inexperienced, just that inexperience in this league isn't exclusively Derby's, remember Blackwell moaned about having kids on the bench the same weekend.

International weeks are boring, even more boring now there are no Championship matches, admittedly it was a farce last year when every game bar something like Rotherham vs Burnley was called off.

Crewe players on international duty:
Dean Ashton -- England u-21s
David Vaughan -- Wales u-21s (should be full squad, darn, starting 11)
Steve Jones -- Northern Ireland (needs to start, never as effective when a sub)
Clayton Ince -- Trinidad & Tobago

Super Dario Land said:
MrCoopz said:
you had 1

No disrespect, heh, hope you beat a top six Premiership side this season and have to put up with all those pundits saying it was the "better" team that played like shit which brought about the result. :)

We had that for years in the premiership

Hahaha and nick how can it be pathetic? If the ref would have done that to you and you ended up losing you would be complaining

what are you trying to say nick? could you make it a little clearer?

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally get a win under our belt against west ham. Heard the game on the radio, was nice to hear the tributes for cloughie and the former players and trophies on the pitch.

Crowd gave them a huge reception. Not sure how we managed to win, the goals seemed to come out of the blue.

Was a fitting end to a day in memory to a great man. Great support from both sets of fans. I have to admit i was a bit choked when they played sinatra's my way, before the game.

Thanks for the memories brian, rest in peace mate.

Didnt Cloughie manage Derby as well??

I think the Media have forgotten that.

We got a great point from Wigan at the weekend, they hammered us really so the points a good un :)

The new guy up front for us Rasiak looks very good, he won everything in the air all day but thats all we did all game hoof it up to him so we didnt see the ball at his feet much.

Well 4 wins on the trot for us including a 1-0 win over Dirty Leeds :D, Sheff Utd tomorow night is a tough game imo but on our form were looking for all 3 points

Think its safe to say Crewe are already down :(

Like franchise last year we have talented youngsters but the team is way too inexperienced and keep making silly mistakes. The couple of older players currently playing are the worst of the lot. Dario was trying to save and make money by selling our best defender and vice-captain (Wright) to Wigan and letting the captain and midfield enforcer (Brammer) go to Stoke. Utterly backfired.

Also have awful injury problems in defense. In the relegation decider (it is really!) against Rotherham tomorrow we look likely to play with an 18 year old debutant, a 20 year-old making his second league appearance, a loanee and they'll be joined by our most experienced, fit, centre-back, a 17 year old!

Omigod Crewe yoof beat Rotherham ressies! Back fours ages were 18, 17, 24, 20 and defensive cover on the bench had just turned 18. Three of 'em had no first team experience a week ago, hell two hadn't before last night.

Ashton mullered their makeshift defense and when it went to 3-1 we should have had another hat-trick but this is Crewe so let 'em score under the bar three minutes before the end and a draw became a distinct possibility. Still think we're going down :( . The second worst team in the league doesn't stay up by beating the worst..... unless Sjoke and some other bloated, in debt, team goes bust! ;)

Back
Top Bottom