The Become a Legend Adventures Thread(psp)

jonneymendoza

Legend
1 January 2004
Arsenal
Hi, here is a thread dedicated in telling each other stories about our experience in BAL.

i will start it off with what i have experience so far.

I am playing has a attacking midfielder playing for bolton. in the last 4 matches i have got a rating of between 6.0 and 7.5. i have managed to score 1 goal in 10 games so far playing for bolton.

Bolton however are a rubbish team. they tend to pick the wrong passes and cant keep hold of the ball. if i don't start an attack, the other bolton players wont.

i have made a few starts and have also started in the bench but never have i played a full match yet. i tend to cover the most distance out of any Bolton player whenever i play as i tend to run back and forth trying to get the ball from deep within the defence and to try and start an attack but my player is far to weak and keeps falling over:BLINK:

BAL is bloody awsome though and looking forward to hearing your stories :)

Okay. My adventure is on the PSP. Positions (WF/SMF/AMF). Increased stamina, speed, acceleration, short passing at the off.

Trial game I was put in the LW position. Not my best position but we'll see. Passes to me were few and far between, even when I called for them. So I started to get stuck in, and won a few tackles. Then I helped in the build up to the only goal of the game.

A couple of subs later, I was put in the CMF position which was much better. I was involved in pretty much everything, and spent the time spraying passes around (literally spraying, as the ball went all over the shop). Had a couple of forays near the box and one skyrocket shot into orbit. Nice.

End of the game I rated a 7.0 which I was very happy with. Offers came in from Middlesborough, Sunderland and Fulham. While I felt a greater affinity for the latter two clubs, I felt that I might get a better chance of starting with Middlesborough. They did have the higher ranking as well.

First game was against Manchester United and I made the bench which was a surprise. So was my introduction at half time. I was playing as RMF (no idea what happened to the guy I replaced) and had quite a poor game. Passes were a little better, but my reaction was poor and I was up against Ronaldo for a fair part of the game. While he stole the ball a few times, I did start to get into the groove a little bit towards the end of the half and managed to get the boot in at least once and not get a caution. End of the game I was given a rating of 5.5.

Next game I didn't make the bench.

Third game, on the bench again and this time it was against Portsmouth. 2-0 up after 30 minutes and I was brought on to replace Downing. Had a better go this time around, getting a couple of good crosses in and more passes from both my team mates and myself. Still ended with a 5.5 rating so some work still to do.

Fourth game, I didn't make the bench. Which was when I realised I hadn't played at home yet. Which was a bit of a blow because that is where I wanted to turn on the style. Also, by sitting out this match, the chance to play against Liverpool had been lost which was a double whammy.

how do u increase your stats in BAL? i have played over 10 games and my stats have hardly moved if not at all

how do u increase your stats in BAL? i have played over 10 games and my stats have hardly moved if not at all

Yeah, I'd like to know that as well. I was given 20 points when either I started my career or created my player which I divided up amongst a few stats.

Also, I noticed that there doesn't seem to be the ability to play in training games which seems to be there in other versions. That could be due to the handheld limitations which is fine.

Yeah, I'd like to know that as well. I was given 20 points when either I started my career or created my player which I divided up amongst a few stats.

Also, I noticed that there doesn't seem to be the ability to play in training games which seems to be there in other versions. That could be due to the handheld limitations which is fine.
training games?

training games?

I read experiences on other formats (PS3 etc) that when you don't get on the bench you can still play in training/reserve games.

I'm okay with not having this on PSP. It means shorter seasons so I can improve faster. But its damn frustrating not even making the bench.

I read experiences on other formats (PS3 etc) that when you don't get on the bench you can still play in training/reserve games.

I'm okay with not having this on PSP. It means shorter seasons so I can improve faster. But its damn frustrating not even making the bench.
Yea and my stats seem to not improve at all plus bolton are really crap. 19th in the league:SHOCK:

So, my journey with Middlesborough came to an end at the mid season transfer window.

After a few more starts I began to play a little better, and noticed my stats were creeping towards improving - speed, acceleration, agility all looking good. Oh, and aggression as well. Lovely.

However, 1 found myself not even making the bench for 3 games in a row which co-incided with 3 losses in a row (I like to think its because I wasn't there). When I did get a game, it was as an LW, where I didn't excel.

The transfer window opened and I had bids from many European teams. I thought I would stick with Middlesborough as I was getting semi-regular play, so I rejected all offers.

The next game I found myself being subbed at half time when I hadn't had a bad game (or so I thought). This was followed by not being called up for the Man U game which was the last straw.

6 more offers came in, including Hull which I was tempted to take. In the end though, foreign climbs and the charms of Parisienne nightlife were too much for me, and I signed for PSG.

training games?

Yea and my stats seem to not improve at all plus bolton are really crap. 19th in the league:SHOCK:

I think the more you play the more they improve. Speed, acceleration, agility and aggression all gained enough over 10 games to add 1 to the ability.

Middlesborough were okay, hovering around top 10, but when I wasn't even making the bench it was time to go. With PSG I've even played in the UEFA cup.:BOP:

Just a quick post on shirt numbers. I had read that you can ask for a particular number when you sign for a team and you may or may not get it. Obviously this isn't the case on the PSP, but I have to say that when I joined Middlesborough and was handed the number 7 it felt quite cool. Just remembering the legendary 7s in football over the years was quite a buzz.

Of course when I went to PSG I was given 19, but thats not a problem as I'm playing much better.

Man congrats on your good progress but I hope you will be lucky and get off to a real club soon as by joining PSG you have offered your soul to the antichrist of Football...You can edit the number on psp in some option or other...Currently I am a successful offensive midfielder playing in Le Mans we are 3rd and hoping Marseille will want me at the end of the season 6 games left....7 goals 8 assists in 23 games (12 from start)

And I have number 22 which I chose after being given 19...

Last edited:
Thanks. Sounds as though you're progressing well. Still no goals for me, but a few assists and impoving all the time. PSG have put some faith in me, and the team are passing a bit more. We'll see what the transfer window brings, but currently we're in 3rd but Lyon are miles out in front.

Do you know if we can go on to represent our country in Season 2 and beyond?

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL!!!!

Ahem. Yeah, first goal scored. 14 games in at PSG and scored after a neat pass through. Ran clear of my markers into the box and shot a sweet ball into the top left corner. Long time coming, but well worth it. First 7.0 rating but still not MOTM. That went to Makelele who had the assist.

Jonney to answer your question, playing at Regular level at the moment until I get the hang of it. Top Player sounds better as your teammates will pass more readily.

What is great is that my dribbling is improving so rather than having to pass on quickly before I'm closed down, I can take my time and find the right pass or get forward myself.

regular level as well for a start but cannot wait to struggle a bit more...congrats on the goal who were you facing? still a while to go for the end of season for me cannot play at work...
:-(

regular level as well for a start but cannot wait to struggle a bit more...congrats on the goal who were you facing? still a while to go for the end of season for me cannot play at work...
:-(
go on your afternoon break and play one game :P

I have 4 days off work which I can see going down he PES plughole. Although a wedding and birthday stuff to squeeze in will limit it thankfully.
Right, story update coming soon.

I initially started one with West Ham plying CF/SS/AMF mostly me and Bellamy formed a solid partnership finished my first season top scorer for the club with 6 goals but they always picked the wrong pass which annoys me. Second season has not been to clever hardly played which has been a surprise so started a new career.

Much more enjoyable, same positions wanted to play in Holland my thinking teams play more attacking 4-3-3 so more chances to score and i have been proved right. Signed for NAC Breda halfway through the season at the moment and we are in 6th place chasing a UEFA cup place i'm getting a regular game scored 5 including a hatrick against FC Twente though it took me about 10 game to get my first:D.
I'm not going to move PSG have been coming in for me, They are running away with the french league but i want to stay loyal to Breda for another season.

I put most of my 20 points to shooting so i had shot accuracy at 80 and technique at 78 so at least i would hit the target. Not pacy by anymeans but accurate.

Meant to add you can change your number in player settings where it tells you about offers etc(i like my 11 so keep taking it lol) but noticing also my stats are now climbing quicker especially my heading. Playing on top player.

One difference i noticed i played Fantatistia mode on WE2007CC and you could train in between games on that but not in this,another Seabass moment he ignores the console that made the games that keep him employed. But i am really happy playing in holland we play a 433 so there is always oppertunitys to score

Noticed this is for PSP oop's i thought ps2.

If your interested i'll keep posting. 2 Games to go in the season(my 1st) and we are deffo in the UEFA cup in 5th 3 points behind Ajax in 4th. Last game of the season against PSV so wanting to beat them so we go into th cup final on a high against Ajax(whom we beat 1-0 earlier in the league)

I have scored 14 goals and i'm a regular first team starter unless i'm tired. i find simple passing is getting me a average mark of 6.5 upward that including giving myself a shot accuracy of 80 is helping as my shots are more or less on target.

I'll let you know how i get on in the last 2 games. I want that cup to cap a glorious first season with a medal

Hello, that is it my season finished on a low as we were 5th in the end and lost in the cup final (was tempted to restart it...)
Now I am wondering how the transfer period is going to go and where I should try my luck...any advice on a good club that could ne interested? I mean I know you do not choose your destination but who knows who will want me...

Cheers

how is Holland life treating you then still good?

So, end of season and PSG finish 3rd. A few offers in but I decided to stay as we qualified for Champions League. However, if someone plays a 4-3-3 I would be tempted to go.

First game of the season and I'm starting. Much better number of starts (2 out of every 3) for me with PSG.

Only problem I find is that when I do get subbed and watch the rest of the game (in fast speed of course) it looks as though my team are more attacking, dribble better and pass better/take more chances. I wonder if the AI overcompensates for me being there?

You are lucky mine looked a bit lost without me as my replacement is usually a defenisve midfield....so end up with 1 of my strikers coming down in midfield and not so good, plus my defense can be pants at times...still awaiting for advice to decide if I am to move or not...first day of transfers I got almeria roda jc newcastle (?) le havre sochaux and torino...
the only one I fancy is Newcastle but fear not to have c chance there...

You are lucky mine looked a bit lost without me as my replacement is usually a defenisve midfield....so end up with 1 of my strikers coming down in midfield and not so good, plus my defense can be pants at times...still awaiting for advice to decide if I am to move or not...first day of transfers I got almeria roda jc newcastle (?) le havre sochaux and torino...
the only one I fancy is Newcastle but fear not to have c chance there...

When i was playing with west ham before i done my NAC Breda career i went to Newcastle and was played out of position all the time.

Go to Holland most teams play a 433 or 451 so if you get lots of space upfront. Sign for a team that plays 433 as you get alot of blls to you in the box and Dutch defenders are not up to much they are giving my inexperienced 18yo a field day as i have scored 14 so in my first season.

Hope this helps

Hope this helps

Well my first season in, final game of the season we drew 0-0 with PSV then lost the cup final to Ajax on penalties. I was subbed in extra time before pens and my replacement missed the first penalty:RANT:. But the last 2 games i had missed alot of chances so i can't complain.

But a high point to the season i made it into the leagues best eleven. My first offer from the premiership was in to thanks to Bolton but i quickly said NO, PSG kept coming in for me again and if they keep showing that kind of interest in me at the end of the season i may opt for the Paris nightlife and Champions League football:D.

Anyway played one game of the new season and we beat Roda 1-0 thanks to an own goal so a winning start.

right last chance for a good transfer and frankly the teams offered are not brilliant...apart mayber Roda JC, but nobody was intrerested in me, since Newcastle on the first day of the transfer but I thought they were just having a look and were not very keen on me... so I am staying in Le Mans, where nobody has changed in the team so maybe with my stats going up I will bring the team to a better level... If not come along January...First few games of the season are ok beat Lyon 2-0 1 assist ans 1 own goal forced as the ball bounced from the post (from 25m) on to the goalkeeper and went in...Yeah come on me...will keep you informed on the progress of season 2 (3 games 2 wins, 1 draw so far 2 assists and 1 OG)

Good luck on all your second seasons...

well My team bolton are stitting pretty on 19th with 33 games played so far. i have scored 2 goal so far and assisted two. i am now a regular first team starting in almost every game now but my team is soo shit and fustrating to play with.

i have been getting an average of 6.0 every game now so im hoping someone like arsenal can sign me up(no better then bolton in real life!)

Woot! this mode rocks. In the first team I signed on was Chievo, and they sucks! they always lose the ball more often. The 2nd team i signed on was Real Betis, better but we lost to some medium and lower teams but we beat barcelona 2-1 and we are looking forward to beat real madrid and valencia, strange. The BAL Camera sucks. It's hard to play without a radar if u are using the BAL Camera. I Immediately change to Wide after playing the 1st game.Why did Konami make the BAL camera close to the player?

Sry, I am bad at english

BTW I am playing AMF/SS/CF

Last edited:
Update on Season 2:

Played 5 games at PSG but didn't do as well as previously. Team mates weren't passing as readily and I felt myself running around a lot with nothing to show for it. Substituted around 60-75 minute mark in each game.

Decided to jump ship and went for Roda JC. As mentioned above it looks as though a lot of Dutch teams have 4-3-3 which is good because as a WF I believed I would play more games.

Unfortunately, they keep playing me as a LWF so my first few games were not very effective.

Then, in game 10, they played me as RWF and I got free and fired in a cracker of a goal to win the game for us 1-0.

Next game, back on as an LWF, and managed one assist and a last gasp winner - both against Feyernoord - for a 2-0 win. Substituted on about 80 minutes to what looked like a standing ovation and voted man of the match.

Next game, again as LWF, managed a cracking goal which helped us to another win. Man of the match once more.

Interestingly enough, the last couple of goals I have scored I've been a little blind to goal due to the camera angle I use - ie running onto the ball, doing a bit of dribbling/manoevering and then cracking a shot. Its not until the rest of the team jump up and I do my happy dance that I know its a goal. Replays are top though, with both goals being great and really foxing the keeper.

Back
Top Bottom