Arsenal Thread

Re: The ARSENAL Thread - Henry breaks Arsenal goalscoring record in Prague win!

I thought maybe the free kick came because he stopped his run up which you aren't allowed to do.

He touched it twice. You can't do that.

It is quite funny but in our position it was more than irresponsible. Save that for the training ground.

Sorry mate but he didn't touch it twice. He brushed it once then that was it.

I think Mavis panicked so he just gave a freekick cos he didn't know what else to do.

Pires can touch but the ball need a complet rotation, so it's a referee error.

I think it would have gone wrong anyway. Watch the video, Henry had great troubles coming in. He wouldn't have been at the correct spot.

It's the second time in a week that Arsenal sends somedoby to spy on Porto. Both on the Porto-Benfica and Nacional-Porto, some guy from Arsenal named Kerry Holmes was checking our players. Maybe Wenger is after Lucho or Quaresma?

Wenger stay away. :x

The ball has to rotate 360 degrees, are you sure that's the rule?

Revan said:
It's the second time in a week that Arsenal sends somedoby to spy on Porto. Both on the Porto-Benfica and Nacional-Porto, some guy from Arsenal named Kerry Holmes was checking our players. Maybe Wenger is after Lucho or Quaresma?

Wenger stay away. :x

Both i've heard.

i dont tink the ball have to rotate 360 deg... thats bullshit.. what if i shoot the ball hard and the ball doesnt rotate 360?

BK_83 said:
i dont tink the ball have to rotate 360 deg... thats bullshit.. what if i shoot the ball hard and the ball doesnt rotate 360?

True, the 360 degrees rule used to apply but don't anymore for that reason.

IceMan_Bergkamp said:
Both i've heard.

bah, Wenger better keep is hands far from Porto.
I don't want another disaster season like last one where we lost half of our team, and our best players. He can go get Simão from benfica. (liverpool wanted him). Or Manuel Fernandes... But no one from Porto. :)

Re: The ARSENAL Thread - Carling Cup V Sunderland tonight, bring out the kids!

After reading Claude Makelele spout on how Chelsea are the greatest team ever even better than Real madrid in their prime he also said that he thinks Chelsea have two teams that could go the season unbeaten.

What a tosser, how nice would it be to beat them at Highbury on 18 December and stop their run at 46!

Nickybaker said:
After reading Claude Makelele spout on how Chelsea are the greatest team ever even better than Real madrid in their prime he also said that he thinks Chelsea have two teams that could go the season unbeaten.

What a tosser, how nice would it be to beat them at Highbury on 18 December and stop their run at 46!

Not if United do it first.

Revan said:
bah, Wenger better keep is hands far from Porto.
I don't want another disaster season like last one where we lost half of our team, and our best players. He can go get Simão from benfica. (liverpool wanted him). Or Manuel Fernandes... But no one from Porto. :)

Apparently, Wenger was impressed with Lucho Gonzalez and Ricardo Q. at the Amsterdam Tournament... who knows :D

IceMan_Bergkamp said:
Not if United do it first.

That is true and they have experience in doing so!

This Mexican we are after looks the business but whilst Wenger is building for the future, this is not what we need now! We need experience in the middle of the park and a striker. Hopefully in January!

Henry said that he's gonna try that penalty trick again but this time, he wants to do the pass. But he said the big problem is finding someone in the squad to do it with him. lol

next time Arsenal has a penalty everyone at the stadium is gonna hold their breath. :lol:

Clockender said:
This Mexican we are after looks the business but whilst Wenger is building for the future, this is not what we need now! We need experience in the middle of the park and a striker. Hopefully in January!

which mexican u on about dude? :|

Re: The ARSENAL Thread - Next fixture - the scum away on Saturday!

Good result last night for the junior gunners + Sol & RVP. Better result than the 1st team has managed for a while!

Anyone have any clips of this Vela lad? Must confess I've never heard of him.

This is a great letter posted on Football 365 and you wouldn't be shocked if it was true would you.

Rewriting The Future

Can I hazard a guess at Mourinho's response to the defeat last night.

'We did not lose. To lose the opposition must score more goals than you. We have scored 1 and only conceded 1 goal therefore we have not lost. This is not defeat but merely an invitation to leave the competition. As we will not be playing in the carling cup again this year and therefore cannot lose any further games as holders we automatically retain the trophy because no one can defeat us to take it away. It is simple. I consider this the fourth trophy of my Chelsea career and the first of this season.' 
Andella, Arsenal Fan

Henry a major doubt for Saturday:

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=320461&CPID=8&clid=&lid=3&title=Henry+doubt+for+derby

I think this is the least confident I've felt for years before a N London Derby :( It's not just Henry, we just look a bit limp at the moment and perhaps even more worryingly, the spuds are actually loking quite good.

I'll certainly enjoy a victory even more than usual should we pull it off.

Joystick said:
Henry a major doubt for Saturday:

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=320461&CPID=8&clid=&lid=3&title=Henry+doubt+for+derby

I think this is the least confident I've felt for years before a N London Derby :( It's not just Henry, we just look a bit limp at the moment and perhaps even more worryingly, the spuds are actually loking quite good.

I'll certainly enjoy a victory even more than usual should we pull it off.

Yup, and can see Defoe causing Cygan/Senderos all sorts of problems. Plus i think Carrick will be out to show Wenger what he missed. There won't be a 5-4 game like last season, but not feeling quite confident either! :(

IceMan_Bergkamp said:
Yup, and can see Defoe causing Cygan/Senderos all sorts of problems. :(

I thought Campbell was fit again so why won't he be playing with Kolo?

Campbell is fit and will lead the team. I think defensively we look good (ok even better if Cashley was there). I am still pretty confident about tomorrow. We haven't won away yet in the league this season :shock: but what a time to do it! I don't think we should be fearful of them, even without Henry. Time for Jose to continue that good form of his!!

Fred's back too, which I think is a huge bonus for a team lacking a bit of experience.

-------------Lemon-------------
--------Kolo-------Sol---------
Ralf---------------------Clichy
--------Gilbert--------------
---------------Cesc---------
Freddie-----------------Pires
---------DB10---------------
---------------Reyes---------

Back
Top Bottom