The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

There's no point in getting a replacement unless I was to get a White model - a Black replacement won't magically not scratch as easy!

Besides - I doubt they'll have any iPhones in stock to replace it with for a while ;)

There are some very good thin film you can use that are near invisible. Had one by Power Support and no one even knew I had it on. I only had it on the back and my iPhone 4 was scratchless after a year.

There are some very good thin film you can use that are near invisible. Had one by Power Support and no one even knew I had it on. I only had it on the back and my iPhone 4 was scratchless after a year.

Yeah reckon I might go for something like that when they start to hit the market. Don't particularly want to buy a case unless I REALLY have too - had my iPhone 4 caseless for 2 years and it still looks in excellent condition now!

got a flawless white one now, put it in a case and hope it's going to be alright ;)

so i basically have both colors here now, the boxes look nice together ;)

work offered me a mac which i said yes too.

it is a 17" mac pro . 2.4ghz quad core i7
4gb 1333 ram
750gb hdd
hd screen
6770 gpu

i think are the specs..

now i am used to laptops, obviously have owned other apple devices but if i want to run bespoke applications what is the best way to do this. do i create an install of windows?

someone said something about running parallels?

i already had a £700 laptop but didn't want to sniff at a 2.5k device lol

If you want native windows, you can use Bootcamp which is pre-installed on all Macs. You just need to follow the instructions to create a partition and then install Windows like you would on a PC.

If you want to run Parallels within your Mac desktop (so you can literally swap from OSX to Windows in a second), something like Parallels will do the trick.

Yeah Bootcamp is very good. Thinking of removing my Bootcamp partition as I only installed Windows to play PES but I've got it on Xbox now!

anyway i can restore the OS without having to download additional components?

want to put it back to factory settings but when i hold down the command and R to get the repair option it says downloading additional components but it was saying 4 hours and hardly moving.

all i want to do is restore it.

running lion OS btw, i take it that is the latest?

thanks

Mountain Lion is the latest OS.

You can easily delete what's on a partition and re-install windows. You can even create 5 partitions with 5 different editions of Windows.

Deleting a partition takes a few minutes through bootcamp.

I formatted my hard drive and did a clean install of Mountain Lion from my USB External hard drive. All you need to do is download the Mountain Lion installer and stick it on a USB drive or burn it do a disc mate.

Back
Top Bottom