AC Milan Thread

Re: The AC Milan Thread > Grazie Nesta, Pippo & Rino!

Apparently, Ibra didn't want to leave, got angry had a fight with Milan, and mockingly offered to loan the club some money. What has become of Milan. :LOL:

Seriously, it seems like we are pushing the players away. Kaka, Silva, and Ibra would have stayed if it was up to them. And we tried to push Pato away in January.

So not selling Pato last year for 35M to PSG might turn out to be one of the biggest mistakes in Milan's history. He ended up injured the entire year, with one of the doctors saying he gave up on him, we sacrificed Thiago Silva for the money, and missed out on Tevez.

Now Pato threatened to leave for free in 2014 and is getting sold for 13M!! This management lost the plot.

:LOL:
553394_564039090292219_539829640_n.png

Last edited:

Maldini's interview sums up the club perfectly. Lost magic, lost touch. Within a period of 6 months, Milan has basically turned from a potential top 10 in Europe to a Europa League team.

By the end of January, our only star player remaining will be El Sharaawy.

It is sad but the warning signs were there many years ago when Milan would not address too many old players in squad and wouldn't invest in youth.

Youth doesn't always get you trophies, experience does. United, Chelsea, Inter and Milan all had players well over 30 when they won their CLs.

It might not win trophies but it provides a base for the future. Milan never had that base apart from Kaka (who we know went off to Madrid) and Pato.

Now Milan are suffering.

Youth doesn't always get you trophies, experience does. United, Chelsea, Inter and Milan all had players well over 30 when they won their CLs.
The recent best sides who continually reach the latter stages of European competitions have always had a consistent supply of young players (Bayern, Utd, Barca).

I think Milan fans just have to remember that things in football, as in life, happen in cycles.

It's been an extreme way to do things by getting rid of so much experience and talent but if it was truly needed to help the club sort itself out financially then that's far better than it disappearing altogether with all these huge wage players still on the books.

Eventually the youth will have grown up and will have vital playing experience. If you can keep El Shaarawy and so on then you'll have a great basis to push on and then you might be able to pay a bit for some decent experienced players too.

Serie A, and Milan will be big and powerful again in the future. Just need to ride out what it is now and enjoy watching young, home grown talent have their time.

Last edited:

Guess all of us non LFC fans will have to pick on Suarez even more now that that idiot has left the EPL :P

untill you have the reason to pick on him, i am happy.

I wouldn´t call Balotelli idiot, just a guy who is very lucky and probably not so much bright if he does what he does :D

bad bad signing for Milan.

Balotelli is trouble wherever he goes. Great business by Man City.

If somebody can control him a bit and make him concentrate on just his football, then it won't be a waste at all.

He seems to like Milan as well, so might feel more comfortable there and be more motivated.

It will be interesting to see anyway.

If Mourinho and Mancini cant control him, no-one will.

Every year he will get older, sure. Wiser? Not so sure.

the guy has deep issues and he needs counselling.

Prandelli proved he could control him - by making him feel valued and playing him with people who appreciate his contribution. Players like Montolivo, El Shaarawy and people like Galliani have always been admirers of Balotelli, and Milan is also his favourite club.

Seeing him dance with fans and singing chants against Inter suggests things might be different for him. Before, Mourinho and Mancini were the only people who defended and tolerated him. Now, the whole of Milan is behind him.

I'm with Benni here. I would love to be proven wrong, but this kind of problem can't be solved, and in an environment with loads of money, public exposure and egos, experience tells it has NEVER been solved or properly controlled.

Balotelli career will always be going down for whatever reason. He may get richer in the process, though!

At last week's Ballon d'Or ceremony, Berlusconi had told reporters: "The name of Balotelli never came into my thoughts, he is a rotten apple and could infect every group where he goes, even Milan."

One week later, he signs him.

I think he belongs to the kind of top players Milan are able to sign. Those who are trouble and unwanted by their clubs. I really hope this works out and Balotelli finds that switch in him to focus on his career but I don't have high hopes.

I'm with Benni here. I would love to be proven wrong, but this kind of problem can't be solved, and in an environment with loads of money, public exposure and egos, experience tells it has NEVER been solved or properly controlled.

Balotelli career will always be going down for whatever reason. He may get richer in the process, though!

good post.

He scored in his first game though! Came on in Milan's training match and grabbed a goal in a 10-0 win!!

Montolivo proving himself against the big boys again. Where are those that were saying he had no balls? :SMUG:

I am not sure if I did, and that's possible because I never rated him before but I admit it he's indeed proving himself to be a very intelligent player.

Back
Top Bottom