Thanks add on

PatchaMan

League 1
3 November 2008
Hi. The script on the forum is vbulletin. i wonder if you could add that script "thanks" ?

would be great in editing forum where people would thank to the patchmaker. just a question. ;)

The Thanks button is still a possibility and probably for the editing forum only. I'll try and think of a way of being more vague in the meantime.

Jay, sorry but no.

The Thanks button is still a possibility and probably for the editing forum only. I'll try and think of a way of being more vague in the meantime.

Jay, sorry but no.
I think it would only work in the editing threads, but it does cause problems on other sites as you end up with posts promting thanks, as it becomes like the dreaded post count race...;)

I personally think its a daft idea, well first of all it could potentially encourage spamming and secondly it only takes a few seconds to type T-H-A-N-K-S... :FAIL:

Yeah but it's to alleviate the number of posts just saying "thanks" clogging up a thread, instead of that you just get a list of people who said thanks below the post.

There are arguments for and against.

People still thank in the thread though, when they feel like they have to gush. So I don't see the point.

Also unless you restart threads after 1000 posts say, some members sig's will end up a quarter of the thread page in the patching forums as happens on other sites..

:PIRATE:says no! to proposition thankinyou...

;)

Also unless you restart threads after 1000 posts say, some members sig's will end up a quarter of the thread page in the patching forums as happens on other sites..

:PIRATE:says no! to proposition thankinyou...

;)

*Thanks*

Back
Top Bottom