1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Tevez + Mascherano to West Ham

Discussion in 'Football' started by Valmir, 31 August 2006.

1. Valmir

Valmir Quality, not quantity

30 October 2005
    Reading, England
    Reading
    And the award for dodgiest transfers ever go to these two :p

The official West Ham statement reads:
    So they won't reveal the length of the contracts or the fee paid

MSI, which owns Corinthians players, also tried to take over West Ham, so I believe this is an attempt to sweeten the deal and convince West Ham that further success will follow if they accept the takeover

In all likelyhood Tevez + Mascherano will be sold to Chelsea at the end of the season :roll:

2. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Turn around, I'm right behind you...
    Manchester United
    I'm still laughing at this. Its so unreal.

3. Dominic

Dominic Serie A Staff

19 August 2003
    Netherlands
    Because man utd was interested in both and got neither?

4. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Manchester United
    No

5. mcdaddy

mcdaddy premiership

26 April 2006
    if tevez and mascherano are successful at west ham the fans wont let the club sell them - unless they are on 1 year deals which is highly unlikely - players who do it at w ham are worshiped there, the only time we've been a selling club in recent history is when the board sold rio ferdinand to leeds for £18million (to pay for a new stand) - which led to harry redknapp quitting the club in disgust!! and when we got relegated which is understandable.

happy days for west ham fans!!!

6. Dominic

Dominic Serie A Staff

19 August 2003
    Netherlands
    Yes

7. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Manchester United
    Whats that supposed to mean? You asked me a question and I gave you my answer. :roll:

8. Valmir

30 October 2005
    Reading, England
    Reading
    yeah right

MSI own the players, and have given them to West Ham to make the takeover go more smoothly

Once MSI are in charge, they'll just flog Tevez/Mascherano to the highest bidder at the end of the season

its bittersweet for West Ham fans, you get to have these quality players, but it all boils down to making money for MSI/Kia Joorabchian

9. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Manchester United
    Are MSI rich enough to build West Ham into a stronger team? That would be interesting.
    I cant wait to see these two play now. :D

10. Valmir

30 October 2005
    Reading, England
    Reading
    I think West Ham will just become a feeder club for South American talent - so yes they could become very strong!

I think MSI want West Ham to become maybe Champions League qualifiers to increase profits, but ultimately their best players will only stay for a short time before being sold on to the Barca/Man United/Chelsea etc - so they may not have chance to create a winning team

I'm off to play as West Ham on PES :lol:

11. chelsea_fan

chelsea_fan EPL LEAGUE

3 December 2004
    northpole
    chelsea fc
    absolutely shocking...amazing transfer...thats exciting for west ham utd!!
    It makes the EPL more exciting to watch!

12. Stan

Stan Allez les Lionceaux !!!

12 September 2002
    In short term this is great news, i hope other English clubs can catch big fishes too...on the other hand and in the long term if this is the prelude of a take-over,i'm not so sure if this is great news unless the new owners really wanna make a big club in West Ham...

Oh and Don, of course: YES...he will never admit it of course.

13. PetrovLFC

PetrovLFC Raul!

13 March 2005
    NW London
    Liverpool
    Muwhahah, soon London clubs will dominate the top 5....with Liverpool the only exception, at the top of course.

Liverpool
    Chelsea
    Spurs
    Westham
    Arsenal

;)

14. Mack

Mack Champions League

8 August 2003
    Manchester
    MCFC
    MSI Couldnt take over West Ham unless they sell ther intrest in Corithians first. If they indeed did this FIFA would definatly have something to say. All that said what a coup for West Ham!

15. nt89

nt89 OUR WORK IS NEVER OVER

14 February 2005
    L'Aquila (Italy)
    FC Juventus
    WHY DO YOU CONTINUE TO CALL IT LOAN ?
    damn it's definitive no loan there :D

16. scarface1999

scarface1999 League 2

6 August 2006
    adriano to real and ronaldo to inter. true right?

17. nt89

14 February 2005
    L'Aquila (Italy)
    FC Juventus
    no it's failed

18. Valmir

30 October 2005
    Reading, England
    Reading
    don't MSI just own Corinthians' players?

also it is Kia Joroochbian(?) who wants to buy West Ham, he also happens to own MSI, so I think it is legal

19. SPiTFiRE

SPiTFiRE Eusébio forever

6 April 2004
    SL Benfica
    This is a great new, seeing two great Argentinian players playing for Hammers, will be also great for PremierLeague too with the quality of this kind of players. :)

20. STG

STG League 1

1 September 2005

.....Spurs?
    :shock: ;)

21. Dermot

Dermot Banned

13 August 2002
    New York
    Arsenal
    This nothing but a little tremor, wait til the earthquake starts when Sir alex unloads Rooney next transfer window.

22. nt89

14 February 2005
    L'Aquila (Italy)
    FC Juventus
    spurs = Tottenham have agreat team

23. Revan

Revan out the window

8 August 2003
    Madeira, Portugal.
    FC Porto
    This is just crazy. I was like :shock: when I saw the news on BBC.

Great buy for West Ham. I wonder if they are warming up to play for chelski next season.

24. ooh_harry

ooh_harry League 1

8 July 2005
    Fosters home for imaginary friends
    Arsenal, Juventus
    Tottenham have a good team, not a great one. They seem to be buying and selling every year...the lack of continuity may bite them in the backsides. Besides, teams who enter europe after a few years away from continental competitions have found europe an unwelcome distraction. Ask Villareal, Betis, Sociedad, Vigo, Chievo, Sampdoria and Kaiserslauten

25. Kenny M

Kenny M Guest

i am really looking forward to seeing them start for west ham.

26. pk9

pk9 Did you Say BOOTS - Pk

9 January 2004
    in the boots thread
    Lille, de oranje!
    great signings, will see them in flesh at the friendly on sunday roll on hammers if you got the cash then splash!

haha over the moon (pk is back at psv) hence the madness

27. chopaaa

chopaaa Guest

Tevez and Mascherano still have to prove that they can work in europe and especially the PL.Tevez's nightclub days should be over.

Robinho had the usual problems to adjust to europe, in a team full of players from his country.Nobody knows how hard it will be for those guys, that don't have a deep connection inside the team.

28. kobashi

kobashi Champions League

19 May 2004
    do you think the situation with MSI controlling the players contracts just put the big teams in europe off the deal??

29. STG

STG League 1

1 September 2005
    Seriously, what have you been smoking? I want some!

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaw! really? Yeah, I gathered that. He put them in the top 5 and omitted Man United from the list, so I replied. United aren't going to finish in the top 5? If you say so.