Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Watched the last episode before the mid-season break - and now I'm a bit worried!

The episode itself was quite good and we found out a little more about Riley's back story - of which the most interesting thing was Jessie saying "you are here to keep HIM (John) away from HER (Cameron?? Sarah?? Someone else??)"...

Anyway, my worry is this show is now on the edge of 'jumping the shark' - I'll add the rest in a spoiler... :))

After Sarah got shot (which I thought was superb as it shows she let her guard down and IS vunerable), we assume there is nobody else around and nobody knows where she is?

So on the verge of death, how will she be saved? If John, Cameron, Derek etc turn up to rescue her, it would be unrealistic, if she gets abducted by the ship she was seeing - though probably a halucination, it would not really fit in with the story as those ships are used by the Terminators in the future.

So where does the story go when we resume in a month or so...?

Hopefully, the can pull something awesome out of the bag!

If it turns out that the Terminators have been running experiments in the past, and capture her, I think it will still be realistic in the sense of the show.

If it turns out that the Terminators have been running experiments in the past, and capture her, I think it will still be realistic in the sense of the show.

I'm not so sure as they are programmed on their HUDs to terminate Sarah and John Connor.

If they captured her they would surely kill her - although it may be too late as John is already born.... either way, the only way I would accept the Terminators capturing Sarah is to use her in bargaining in getting to John.

the only way I would accept the Terminators capturing Sarah is to use her in bargaining in getting to John.

That makes sense.
Anyway this was a very good episode, left a lot, but a lot of questions and lets hope February comes soon.
Have you seen the promo?
I think they will have to pull one of their sleeves if they want a 3rd season. :) And I think they will

Watched the last episode before the mid-season break - and now I'm a bit worried!

The episode itself was quite good and we found out a little more about Riley's back story - of which the most interesting thing was Jessie saying "you are here to keep HIM (John) away from HER (Cameron?? Sarah?? Someone else??)"...

Anyway, my worry is this show is now on the edge of 'jumping the shark' - I'll add the rest in a spoiler... :))

After Sarah got shot (which I thought was superb as it shows she let her guard down and IS vunerable), we assume there is nobody else around and nobody knows where she is?

So on the verge of death, how will she be saved? If John, Cameron, Derek etc turn up to rescue her, it would be unrealistic, if she gets abducted by the ship she was seeing - though probably a halucination, it would not really fit in with the story as those ships are used by the Terminators in the future.

So where does the story go when we resume in a month or so...?

Hopefully, the can pull something awesome out of the bag!

probably a first prototype of the ship? manufactured by ??? we'll see. but i did not see the riley story line turning out in that way - surprising!

the most interesting thing was Jessie saying "you are here to keep HIM (John) away from HER (Cameron?? Sarah?? Someone else??)"...

I thought the HER was pretty obvious Cameron, but them someone told me it could be Sarah too, and it kinda of make sense, since she is protecting John too much.
But the thing is, it would not be fair, first she got robots after her, then cops, now soldiers from the future. Poor Sarah everything she does turns out bad.
Also, would Jessie be this dirty...

It has to be Cameron.

I thought the HER was pretty obvious Cameron, but them someone told me it could be Sarah too, and it kinda of make sense, since she is protecting John too much.
But the thing is, it would not be fair, first she got robots after her, then cops, now soldiers from the future. Poor Sarah everything she does turns out bad.
Also, would Jessie be this dirty...

It has to be Cameron.

What side is Jessie on then? Cameron has saved John and Sarah enough times already to ensure John makes it through to Judgement Day - if Jessie is trying to stop that, then the future could be compromised.

The other side is that if they want to keep John away from Cameron, then THEY need to protect him instead...

He probably ends up shagging Cameron and something happens in the future. He needs another love interest instead.

Depends how complex the biology of Camerons model is, but I dont see that would be the issue. If Cameron could get pregnant, then yea, but if its just sex, then it wouldnt really affect anything in the future...

TBH I thought Cameron was coming on to John a few episodes ago when she went into his room and laid on the bed to talk to him, or maybe that's just my perverted mind that wanted it to happen ;)

I think they're worried about how it would affect John, not Cameron. It could make make him softer against the machines if he's shagging one of them.

Can someone explain to me that scene where Sarah called Derek 'Reese', and there was that awkwardness between them? I don't fully understand the situation!

It their own fault though. I haven't seen it advertised anywhere and only knew about it's return after seeing your post in here.

Why did they have such a long break in the middle of the season and then not tell anyone about it's return? I hate these vacations as it breaks up the continuity of the season. If I remember rightly, the same thing happened with Invasion. Episodes were sometimes 2 weeks apart... How can you expect ratings to go up and keep people interested if you keep breaking the show up?

:RANT:

Not sure if I liked the comeback, nothing I expected happened after the long stop I thought they would come back moving the storyline but these two episodes were just boring.
The show is officially dead now. :(

It's not just Terminator, they're constantly fucking with all shows pretty much, for example the next Supernatural is 12th March, last was 5th February, since 20th November they only aired 4 episodes. They constantly have shows skip a week or two here and there, then wonder why the ratings are all over the place, no to mention how many shows changes the day of the week they're airing on......

It's not just Terminator, they're constantly fucking with all shows pretty much, for example the next Supernatural is 12th March, last was 5th February, since 20th November they only aired 4 episodes. They constantly have shows skip a week or two here and there, then wonder why the ratings are all over the place, no to mention how many shows changes the day of the week they're airing on......

Exactly... I don't know what these execs are on.

P.s. Nice to see another Supernatural fan on here. Is it worthy of a new thread? I personally am really enjoying the show, even though it has been split up over the past few seasons.

Possibly, there's a big "jump the shark" moment coming up which has polarised the fan base.

Do you mean in SCC or Supernatural?

Anyway, thought the return episode of SCC was a bit dull in comparison to the rest of the season (the funeral episode).

The problem I can see is that the threat has gone from the show. The whole ethos of the Terminator franchise is John and Sarah being chased by Skynet. Over this season, that has dropped off with the 'killing' of Cromartie.

I think John Henry is showing a potentially evil side and Catherine is showing her colours, but its like the search for the Connors has been forgotten by Skynet. I've never heard Catherine mention anything about them which is odd seeing as she is seemingly a figurehead for the machines.

Its just plodding along now - Ellison is doing nothing here nor there, John and Sarah dont seem to be getting any closer and as much as i love the show, perhaps it has run its course this season??

If they could get back on track with the hunter/hunted story then this show definitely has potential.

The 2x16 was at least interesting

The dream reality thing was cool but I couldn't figure it when it exactly happened.
Probably will be explain till the end of the season, but still they have few episodes to show a lot.
Unfortunately I think we won't have everything we want.

Back
Top Bottom