Teamwork Attribute.

I edit every player in the game and have seen the effect of editing Teamwork in particular.

I always up the teamwork stat for players not at very big clubs as it makes the opposition play better and the game more realistic.

I have no doubt at all, that the teamwork stat makes teams hold onto and pass the ball better. If you have a team were all the players have the stat in the high 80's they will pass the ball around more intelligently and attack using better passing patterns.

This is why when a new player arrives his teamwork stat is massively reduced, sometimes down to 20's. If you play them at this stage, they will noticeably pass worse than the rest of the team and will only be able to make very straight forward passes. Throughout the season their teamwork stat will improve and they will be able to pick out better passes and can be used more in intricate moves.

Aggresion is the stats that governs how quickly and with how much effort, the opposition will close down your players and try to get the ball.

Combining both teamwork and aggression, creates an opposition team that will pass the ball well, close down and fight for the ball. Put these stats into the 90's for all players and then try and play against them on top player and see how difficult the game gets.

I edit every player in the game and have seen the effect of editing Teamwork in particular.

I always up the teamwork stat for players not at very big clubs as it makes the opposition play better and the game more realistic.

I have no doubt at all, that the teamwork stat makes teams hold onto and pass the ball better. If you have a team were all the players have the stat in the high 80's they will pass the ball around more intelligently and attack using better passing patterns.

This is why when a new player arrives his teamwork stat is massively reduced, sometimes down to 20's. If you play them at this stage, they will noticeably pass worse than the rest of the team and will only be able to make very straight forward passes. Throughout the season their teamwork stat will improve and they will be able to pick out better passes and can be used more in intricate moves.

Aggresion is the stats that governs how quickly and with how much effort, the opposition will close down your players and try to get the ball.

Combining both teamwork and aggression, creates an opposition team that will pass the ball well, close down and fight for the ball. Put these stats into the 90's for all players and then try and play against them on top player and see how difficult the game gets.

I cant agree with that. The Aggression stat dictates how quick a player gets forward towards goal, but it doesnt work the same with regards tackling. Attacking fullbacks have a high Aggression stat, so do the top strikers in the game.

The Teamwork stat may well be what you have mentioned, but players with this stat also close down, track back and tackle quicker. Just try it. It's obvious.

I cant agree with that. The Aggression stat dictates how quick a player gets forward towards goal, but it doesnt work the same with regards tackling. Attacking fullbacks have a high Aggression stat, so do the top strikers in the game.

The Teamwork stat may well be what you have mentioned, but players with this stat also close down, track back and tackle quicker. Just try it. It's obvious.

Sorry, I forgot to say that as well. Aggression makes players get forward more and that also what konami say in the manual. But, I have found that it also makes players want the ball more and so close down and tackle more.

The problem that existed in game last year where fullbacks didnt attack players who had the ball on the wing, could be remedied by increasing the aggression of the defenders. By doing this, they would get stuck in much more. If it just effected how often get forward this wouldnt have happened.

I have spent literally hundreds of hours editing player stats over the last 5 versions and would this is the case. Teamwork and Aggression are the stats most used to dictate how the opposition will play and most teams in the game should have them at least in the 80's

teamwork governs how well the player adheres to the role/position he has been given in the team. So basically those with higher teamwork do not go wandering, they have better positional awareness in relation to the flow of play hence the high marks for people like Xavi and Iniesta. It has zip all to do with closing down which is tenacity. Aggression governs forward runs. Ofc YMMV depending on cards.

I found out that if you mark every attribute while creating a player it explains it, Team work increases how can players link up with other players in the team.

For me, the teamwork stat is related to the players awareness and interaction with the team around him. For example if you have a midfield like Barca, you can cut through another teams midfield with ease because Xavi and Iniesta are highly aware and behave more intelligently. Watching what and where other team members are doing and either making space for a pass or moving back or tackling should the attack break down. Linking up more effieciently with rest of team seems to be the biggest role the team stat plays

For me, the teamwork stat is related to the players awareness and interaction with the team around him. For example if you have a midfield like Barca, you can cut through another teams midfield with ease because Xavi and Iniesta are highly aware and behave more intelligently. Watching what and where other team members are doing and either making space for a pass or moving back or tackling should the attack break down. Linking up more effieciently with rest of team seems to be the biggest role the team stat plays

That nails it for me Bull. And the tackling is definately a part of it, but the link-up and positioning seem to be the biggest influence.

That nails it for me Bull. And the tackling is definately a part of it, but the link-up and positioning seem to be the biggest influence.
Which begs the question, why Messi's rating of 67?

He's one player you'd use as a prime example of someone who can intelligently link-up with teammates but he has a very low teamwork stat...

I believe there was a discussion about teamwork in PES 2010 on PSD forums, they were discussing some legendary classics such as Pele, with amazing individual skills. Initially they were given high TW stats, but under AI control it kinda turned them into 'teamwork freaks' that just kept passing the ball around endlessly. They simply weren't using their individual skills at all. With TW lowered, they did. Something like that.

I believe there was a discussion about teamwork in PES 2010 on PSD forums, they were discussing some legendary classics such as Pele, with amazing individual skills. Initially they were given high TW stats, but under AI control it kinda turned them into 'teamwork freaks' that just kept passing the ball around endlessly. They simply weren't using their individual skills at all. With TW lowered, they did. Something like that.

well, that kinda makes sense

Back
Top Bottom