1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Taking players on

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer - PC' started by Hectic Glenn, 24 October 2009.

1. Hectic Glenn

Hectic Glenn League 2

14 May 2006
    London, UK
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Everytime I get a new PES I find myself realising my favourite way to beat players has been nerfed a little (mostly because people use it too much I guess?)

So each year I spend ages looking for the best way to beat a player and get past them. Sure the 2-1 is always effective, but what about when you have no support? The step over directional change isn't always appropriate either.

In PES2009 I relied fairly heavily on the shot feint to make my ground, but this seems less effective now & gives you less control (as well as a delay).

What have other players found to be the most effective methods of taking a player on and beating them?

2. Aqua

Aqua Banned

26 September 2009
    Roma
    +10000..

im still testin whit the tricks around...
    it seems that u need tricks now to past effective a defender
    its kinda good for online but ...hard.

try 2x R2 fast and simultaneously turn diagonal left or right
    so far the easiest way i found out

3. Hectic Glenn

Hectic Glenn League 2

14 May 2006
    London, UK
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Hmmm I've been trying this step over today but the CPU keeps sticking a leg out as I try to get past them and nicking the ball. In fact...sometimes they are complete fowls and it doesn't get given!

Anyone else found any other useful tricks or ways to get round players?

4. Aqua

Aqua Banned

26 September 2009
    Roma
    try to play whit the same team, u get used to it
    wich player react wich way etc.

can try stick forward n then stick diagonal to the left/right
    and
    stick forward n then stick 90° to the left/right

or diagonal left n then right, think its flip flap?(not evry player..)

these are the usual left stick things without R2

whit R2 + stick there are a lot more

5. Skellionz

Skellionz Gooner

29 November 2005
    Plymouth, England
    Arsenal
    thats because its now impossible to get past the ai defence, but they walk past you like you have lead in your boots.

6. cornrob

cornrob Non-League

12 July 2005
    yeah your right, the pes2009 faint shoot + pass, just stops the player, no faint, am i doing something wrong?

Konami need to sort these bugs asap

7. Primepeace

Primepeace Championship

29 August 2009
    Australia
    iv been crying out about this i know for sure now that this game was not finished when released

8. Aqua

Aqua Banned

26 September 2009
    Roma
    u can press twice pass button he will make a fake pass or something

had it yesterday twice, dont even know it