Taking players on

Hectic Glenn

League 2
14 May 2006
Tottenham Hotspur
Everytime I get a new PES I find myself realising my favourite way to beat players has been nerfed a little (mostly because people use it too much I guess?)

So each year I spend ages looking for the best way to beat a player and get past them. Sure the 2-1 is always effective, but what about when you have no support? The step over directional change isn't always appropriate either.

In PES2009 I relied fairly heavily on the shot feint to make my ground, but this seems less effective now & gives you less control (as well as a delay).

What have other players found to be the most effective methods of taking a player on and beating them?

Everytime I get a new PES I find myself realising my favourite way to beat players has been nerfed a little (mostly because people use it too much I guess?)

So each year I spend ages looking for the best way to beat a player and get past them. Sure the 2-1 is always effective, but what about when you have no support? The step over directional change isn't always appropriate either.

In PES2009 I relied fairly heavily on the shot feint to make my ground, but this seems less effective now & gives you less control (as well as a delay).

What have other players found to be the most effective methods of taking a player on and beating them?

+10000..

im still testin whit the tricks around...
it seems that u need tricks now to past effective a defender
its kinda good for online but ...hard.

try 2x R2 fast and simultaneously turn diagonal left or right
so far the easiest way i found out

Hmmm I've been trying this step over today but the CPU keeps sticking a leg out as I try to get past them and nicking the ball. In fact...sometimes they are complete fowls and it doesn't get given!

Anyone else found any other useful tricks or ways to get round players?

try to play whit the same team, u get used to it
wich player react wich way etc.

can try stick forward n then stick diagonal to the left/right
and
stick forward n then stick 90° to the left/right

or diagonal left n then right, think its flip flap?(not evry player..)

these are the usual left stick things without R2

whit R2 + stick there are a lot more

thats because its now impossible to get past the ai defence, but they walk past you like you have lead in your boots.

yeah your right, the pes2009 faint shoot + pass, just stops the player, no faint, am i doing something wrong?

Konami need to sort these bugs asap

u can press twice pass button he will make a fake pass or something

had it yesterday twice, dont even know it

Back
Top Bottom