1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Swap Magic for WE9

Discussion in 'Winning Eleven' started by NOVO, 24 June 2005.

1. NOVO

NOVO Guest

Is this risky to install in anticipation to the release of WE9??
    What are the pros and cons - will it definately work or are there other alternatives apart from a mod chip?

Sorry I was looking on the website - its changed since i've been away travelling!

I just don't want to waste it and it go all pete tong!

Thanks in advance - i know its a repetitive question but i just need clarification!!

Cheers Novo!

2. RAISH

RAISH I WRITE THE BOOK

19 June 2004
    well all the previous versions have worked so I dont see why this should'nt either, in any case we just wont know for sure until it is released. there's usually work arounds for all games if there is some sort of protection.

3. TikTikTikTikTik

TikTikTikTikTik *****

7 August 2004
    Liverpool
    got swapmagic3.6 for we:lw and it works great. It is for the old ps2 however. Installation is very easy aswell. Hopefully there will be no problems for the we9. All the new games ive tested so far have worked

4. timsmith10000

timsmith10000 LEICESTER CITY!

18 August 2003
    Leicester
    so basically you buy swap magic, and we9... this should then work on PAL ps2's...???

5. PetuH

PetuH Non-League

1 October 2003
    Finland
    Yep

6. Gavin

Gavin Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

8 April 2004
    Belfast
    Everton
    Is this how most of you guys are playing WE? I have just ordered swapmagic3.6 is it as easy as it says? I have seen some translated option files how easy/hard is it to navigate around the other menus? fingers crossed everything will work as this will be my first WE :D

Last edited: 25 June 2005
  7. TikTikTikTikTik

TikTikTikTikTik *****

7 August 2004
    Liverpool
    its very easy, just follow the instructions from the swapmagic site and youll be fine. Because of this ive discoverd the great patches doing the rounds and cant go back to pes4

8. Gavin

Gavin Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

8 April 2004
    Belfast
    Everton
    Thanks for the answer :salute: i am now even more excited!!! (Maybe a bit to excited for an 28 year old :roll:)

9. Anj Dey

Anj Dey Guest

I've pre-ordered Winning Eleven 9 & am gonna order Swap Magic 3.6 this week. I've downloaded a instruction demo from the Swap magic website & it looks straightforward to use. It doesn't cause any problems to the actual disc tray does it? Can anyone clarify?

10. damianpadden

damianpadden Banned

7 October 2003
    you could always wait for PES5 it will be the same game plus it will be in English. I have WE8LE and also use swap magic my version is 2.0 and that also works just to let you know.

11. -dragonskin-

-dragonskin- Rawr!

5 March 2005
    Here
    Newcastle
    Where have people bought Swap Magic from?
    Is ps2ools a good site?

12. i thought swap magic dont usually play the dvd games

13. jogi

jogi Little Thoughts

4 August 2003
    Reykjavík
  14. Jert

Jert Non-League

6 September 2003
    Australia
    My friend gave me a patched version of WE8 LE the other day. I haven't been able to play it yet cause I haven't got a Swap Magic disk yet. The patch is burnt onto a DVD-R.

Will I have any problems using the Swap Magic with a patched copy of WE8LE on
    DVD-R? Do most patched games work with the swap magic? Any advise appreciated.

15. jogi

jogi Little Thoughts

4 August 2003
    Reykjavík
    Yes, most DVD-R games will work with Swap Magic. If the game is patched correctly then it will work with Swap Magic.