"STUTTER FROM WHISTLE BLOWING BUG"

Cache. As the game progresses, certain events are recorded in RAM so that they can be later shown as highlights and stats after the game. They are recorded when the ball crosses the line and added to the queue. As the events get added, the seeking time increases.

This wouldnt be a prob with the hdd but catching is assigned exclucively to RAM. IF the game was coded for the hdd it could use the hdd to store the cache instead of RAM.

Thats my theory.

Last edited:
i noticed this straight away, this stutter is horrible but will probablyget used to it.

when ever u shoot score or miss a stutter ocurs, didnt realise it was connected to the whistle thought it was just everytime i shoot the ball at goal.

its everytime the ball goes outta play so i assume it happens when the ref blows whistle.

it seems it's depending on the PS2 (hardware)
on my slim PS2 I have bad stutting, but on an old one the stutter is almost not visible (though it's still there)

no stuttering what so ever here. only some minor slowdowns on corners on certain stadiums is the ONLY concern i have with this game. other wise a 100% perfekt game in any aspect for me.

what ps2 ver does everybody have?

i have a v7(39000) and a newer v9(50001). i will test the game on v9 and if i still get the bug im puttin every single person who says it doesnt exsist on ignore forever.

Last edited:
I've got a slim PS2 at home but many different test decks at work. Any I've tried on so far have the stutter, it's always going to be there but sometimes you have to look for it.

Seems random for me. Last night I was playing and barely saw it at all. The night before, it got so bad that at the final whistle everything on screen would freeze for like three quarters of a second.

jumbo said:
what ps2 ver does everybody have?

i have a v7(39000) and a newer v9(50001). i will test the game on v9 and if i still get the bug im puttin every single person who says it doesnt exsist on ignore forever.

I have a regular pal ps2 and i bought it in Holland. Don't know about the version. Where do look to see what kind of version i have? v7.. v9.. never heard of it.

Oh yeah and the game stutters plenty. Especially second halve and extra time.

Tested the game on
v7(39001) off 120gb hdd
v7(39001) off DVD
v10(50001) off sony 40gb hdd

Same thing. I would suggest people who claim to have no stuttering post video proof otherwise bullshit..

Yeah.. this is really annoying.. just really frustrates me... Im really getting into this game, but the stutter ruins the real time shooting to a point that i just dont excited about near misses or goals as much.

one thing to mention.. for those who think its not that bad.. try playing 'free training'... its just so smooth.. no stutter whatsoever.. if only a 1p Vs Com or p2 game was as smooth as this... now im pretty sure the the whistle blows in training mode... but no stutter..

cheers,
steve

anyone of u ever noticed fake whissels?
I swear i heard it during the game like 2 times a match sometimes...and i stop lol...but the game just go's on.

andish2001 said:
i havent noticed anything mate sorry

^^ i made this comment after 3 games or so on the game. I have since noticed it a lot, but only when the whistle is blown as you say. I agree that it ruins the animation, but it is livable.

I too am in Australia playing a v3 ps2 with an original version of the game on my (random) mars4 chip.

andish2001 said:
^^ i made this comment after 3 games or so on the game. I have since noticed it a lot, but only when the whistle is blown as you say. I agree that it ruins the animation, but it is livable.

...and you can live with being celibate as well, but it sure isn't nearly as much fun ;)

Bobo21 said:
...and you can live with being celibate as well, but it sure isn't nearly as much fun ;)
heheh good call... i think thats now 2 things i gotta live with..

I have the game 3 days ago and I noticed that stutter every time the ball go off the playground.It´s really horrible. Anyone have an idea to solution this?

seems the solution is just to be lucky. ive playd it a week straight now and still no problems what so ever.

jumbo said:
Cache. As the game progresses, certain events are recorded in RAM so that they can be later shown as highlights and stats after the game. They are recorded when the ball crosses the line and added to the queue. As the events get added, the seeking time increases.

This wouldnt be a prob with the hdd but catching is assigned exclucively to RAM. IF the game was coded for the hdd it could use the hdd to store the cache instead of RAM.

Thats my theory.
That's what I was about to post until I noticed a post with the very same thing in it... didn't expect to find one TBH.

That's very likely and is unfortunately further evidence of the lack of ability of Konami's coders. Each event cached should advance a pointer to the next available memory slot so there should be no seeking involved. Also, caching to the HDD would be slower, HDD access is significantly slower than memory access.

The problem could also be that as the memory is shared, as the programme DMA's the sound effect into memory at the same time as the game is caching the replay data, the sound may get allocated a lower priority and might have to wait until the replay is cached. It shouldn't happen because of the multiple DMA channels available but we're talking about a team of coders that still uses 8 directions on an analogue control system. They're not exactly cutting edge really. :roll:

Previously, the ball crossing the line used to prevent a replay unless it was a goal, the extra time they have added (as someone else mentioned) might just be enough to cause the lag.

Personally, I noticed more the lack of slowdown in a crowded box more, something that has plagued the WE games for quite a while. I'll live with a laggy whistle if it means I get smooth gameplay in the penalty box.

I haven't had any noticabloe stutter whatsoever. Not sure why, or its cos I've been drunk for the past 3 days and not noticed it!

Yeah i unlocked that Training field..and stutter also happens here, although not as much..

Mind u.. have any of u guys tried doing the 'Training Session" during Master League.... its amazinly smooth... and fun aswell...its playing the game like this n comparing it to normal exhibition games that really highlights the difference... oh i feel so celebate atm......

Back
Top Bottom