Stuff that needs and probably can be fixed by Konami!

He was loving it not 5 minutes ago and all of a sudden its doom doom doom to Konami. Same last year the year before that. If you don't like it don't play it. We know there are issues but whinging and whining on here is not going to get you nowhere.

slowly this game is gettin on my nerves..

players like messi or ribery run all over the place its hilarious, and i cant see any fatigue on them to the end
messi runs to catch me back like a fuckin rabbit on dope
and he gets every rebound ping pong flipper fest deluxe..

often after i can score cpu kick off and suddenly tiki taka and theyre infront of my goal and i doesnt seem to have any control over this..

often busquets has seem to have a "wallhack" and knows where the ball is gona be after a 1v1 or after a ping-pong flipper event, reminds me of fifa.. hella annoying

or if the player switching is wrong and switches to a player that i dont want to and i switch it to the right player to go for the free ball the first player still runs to the ball but i already running there or AM there, so in the end 2 players standing on their shoes at the same place...
sometimes i need to pass quick coz the cpu is comin and my player standin in the way and i loose the ball :D

edit
sometimes if u loose the ball players run out of the place where the ball is lol
another thing is if i set up a sweeper and the opp. cpu is near the box with the ball he is pressing out instead of wait for the pass in the centre where the other cpu player is waitin for the ball and scoring after that
why press out as a sweeper if there is one CB each side of him + one wingback
in that scene its just makes no sense
cpu cheats to score

Last edited:
slowly this game is gettin on my nerves..

players like messi or ribery run all over the place its hilarious, and i cant see any fatigue on them to the end
messi runs to catch me back like a fuckin rabbit on dope
and he gets every rebound ping pong flipper fest deluxe..

often after i can score cpu kick off and suddenly tiki taka and theyre infront of my goal and i doesnt seem to have any control over this..

often busquets has seem to have a "wallhack" and knows where the ball is gona be after a 1v1 or after a ping-pong flipper event, reminds me of fifa.. hella annoying

or if the player switching is wrong and switches to a player that i dont want to and i switch it to the right player to go for the free ball the first player still runs to the ball but i already running there or AM there, so in the end 2 players standing on their shoes at the same place...
sometimes i need to pass quick coz the cpu is comin and my player standin in the way and i loose the ball :D

edit
sometimes if u loose the ball players run out of the place where the ball is lol
another thing is if i set up a sweeper and the opp. cpu is near the box with the ball he is pressing out instead of wait for the pass in the centre where the other cpu player is waitin for the ball and scoring after that
why press out as a sweeper if there is one CB each side of him + one wingback
in that scene its just makes no sense
cpu cheats to score

nice post, yes exactly, still the best game in the series but hell the stuff mentioned is annoying trust me

i guess u can add to to the list of enhancements/bug fixes is players making runs ahead of the player with the ball instead of standing in the same spot watch you go pass...this has to be the most annoying issue i have encountered.

Often when u are on a break...and your wing backs have the ball, the wide midfielders dont run ahead, instead you will eventually catch them up..and then pass them..while they stand and watch...

atleast have a button to trigger a run of the closest player to create space/attacking/movement options (this is the only good feature that FIFA has :P).

+
• analog player speed via stick
• player switch via right stick
• jostling system

and more :COAT:

fifa is a good game
beside the pressing issue its almost on par in the fun aspect and defo less frustrating than pes
and fifa 11 pc demo was the first fifa for over 7 years for me

nope

if even small serie a clubs press like unhumans...
it suxx
beside that issue its good

what i discovered right now, some shots/curl is way off, totally wrong
messi is running from the left side almost straight at the short post(no angle)
shoots with his left foot(animation is that his foot goes to the right upper side)
so curl must be to the right away from the goal but it goes like a R2 curler with a reft foot from the left side
he scores lol
fuckd up game
and all that while hes running and getin attacked by a strong defender
all this stuff makes me believe its a beta or somin
all the fuckin years on NG now..

Last edited:
My opinion:

Issues with the recent PES games:

a)Unnecessary walls on the midfield. (Could take them away on Pes 2008, but not anymore).
b)Opponent's free kicks, they try to cross the ball when they are 20 meters from the goal!
c)Skillful players offten run like crazy around the pitch, sometimes getting out of it even if there's no pressure from the defenders.
d)Defenders running towards their goal, when you're running towards them!
e)Laggy players in online game mode always have an advantage over someone with a good net.
f)Some players are sometimes invincible, what makes the 2 player game very boring and simple
g)For experienced players, the AI of the CPU is just too easy, so the game looses a lot of excitement and it's no longer a challenge.
h)Of course, the lack of licenses in the original game (thank God there are patchers).

And the issues I hate in PES 2011:

a)How is it possible that Iniesta or Messi track down a heavier and bigger opponent and they just knock them of their feet when jostling?
b)It is too easy to score goals with through balls, you just make the 1-2 and pass the ball between 2 or 3 defenders and even if there is only a player against 3, he wins the ball.
c)The CPU apparently doesn't know the meaning of the word "fatigue" because they can just run around the pitch like horses and they can keep on running even if they've been playing for 90 minutes or even more (extra time); but when you run with any player since the first minute, your player is already dead in the 70th minute.
d)Defenders catch up pretty easily and fast with a player that used to have like a 3-meter distance (maybe it is more diffucult if you have Messi or someone similar).
e)Why does every player often tries to do a scissors kick? I see 1 or 2 evey match! Lack of realism ...
f)In BAL, your teammates and your opponents are just terrible! They can't pass the ball more than twice in the same play.
g) What happened to the old replay cameras? the new ones are just not right ...
h)Several issues from the list above (unnecessary walls, defenders running towards their goal, terrible online gaming, invincible players, easy wins for experienced players, terrible AI, and of course, lack of licenses).

Talking about licenses, don't you guys think it is extremely stupid to have the UEFA Champions League license and you they don't even have the complete list of the teams in the competition? Why can't they do what they did with the Copa Libertadores? I can't find any reason ...

Last edited:
Its not about animations mate trust me. I think the problems are alot deeper than that.

I think if they fix the collision system and add some quicker animations/better transitions, the game will flow a lot smoother and play a LOT better. These improvements will probably never be made though (these problems are inherent in Japanese games in general) and Konami is a Japanese game developer.

One thing I've noticed is that the game speed varies greatly depending on the stadium and time of day you are playing in. For example, playing in Camp Nou at night gives slow measured gameplay, which is definitely much preferred to play in, compared to, say, Konami stadium in the day. Even at 0, the game moves like its on +2! Its way too fast, ping-pong, and players zipping about everywhere. I seriously get so frustrated with the game when that happens.

I think this issue has been around in previous PES as well, not too sure about that, but I think it's about time Konami optimised the game properly such that every match plays out consistently, and not have different speeds all the time depending on the time of day.

1) PLAYER RATING

Van Persie scored a hat trick, most were successful passes and he came in the second-half and made the score from 0-0 to 3-0 and what rating PES gives him - 7.0

2) CPU INDIRECT FREEKICK

Most of the CPU's attempts go wasted and end up in goal kick. Players do not make runs or even attempt to head.

3) SUPERCHARGED DEFENDERS

Walcott came fresh from the bench with a RED form arrow and with no fatigue and full of stamina. But he is outpaced by an ordinary defender. I agree Konami made the game difficult. But this is not difficulty, this is cheating.

4) PENALTY CAM ANGLE

do I need to explain this? We use a wide or normal long cam because all players are involved in the game. But for penalty only 2 players are involved so either a very close or player's cam is the perfect option. But developers at Konami try to implement something new. It was a Fail at PES 2010 (though we never got penalty), then why do the same in the new game?

pes just needs more animations....with those in none will complain mark my words...

+1.. no doubt for the most part.. + improve the ai bugs in 2011.. then personally it will be much2 more satisfying than FIFA's animation

Seems that until know KONAMI just replace the animation most of the time. yeah there is new added animation but just a few..

Btw i wonder why in PESFAN "PES 2011 suggestion polling" i didnt see this as at least on 3 top priority... is out of my head.

Cut out the stupid somersaulting fouled player animations. How many times do you see someone flip head over heels after being tripped in a real game?

Sort out the attacking players dawdling behind the offside line or straying beyond it when you try a cross from deep.

Please, please please use proper goalkeeper animations like in FIFA. The PES goalies dive like the fat specky kid at school who was always last to be picked and always got put in goal. Real keepers dive and stretch for the ball NOT just jump in the air sideways.

Get rid of that stupid wipe animation before and after replays. It always gets stuck at least twice a game. In fact, give us better replay cameras to choose from too.

1) PLAYER RATING

Van Persie scored a hat trick, most were successful passes and he came in the second-half and made the score from 0-0 to 3-0 and what rating PES gives him - 7.0

2) CPU INDIRECT FREEKICK

Most of the CPU's attempts go wasted and end up in goal kick. Players do not make runs or even attempt to head.

3) SUPERCHARGED DEFENDERS

Walcott came fresh from the bench with a RED form arrow and with no fatigue and full of stamina. But he is outpaced by an ordinary defender. I agree Konami made the game difficult. But this is not difficulty, this is cheating.

4) PENALTY CAM ANGLE

do I need to explain this? We use a wide or normal long cam because all players are involved in the game. But for penalty only 2 players are involved so either a very close or player's cam is the perfect option. But developers at Konami try to implement something new. It was a Fail at PES 2010 (though we never got penalty), then why do the same in the new game?

lol. Let me guess. You want to pass the defenders without giving any effort, don't you? That's called arcade my friend. PES 2010 is the right game for you. Sorry...

PES 2011 is a great game. Stop whining and start learning how to play.

ball physics seem wonky sometimes, i cleared a ball from my own penalty area with a full power long pass, the ball was rocketing into the sky across the entire pitch to go out behind the opponents goal... just one of many examples...
online ranked match game difficulty should be set to pro instead of regular, would decrease the stupid AI exploits somewhat i guess..
some spelling errors in ML mode...
the irritating camera height change at kick off...

one thing i wud like to know is, if its still the case that the pc version uses aa by default as 010

in 010 if u set manually aa via nvidia/ati it looked horrible coz the default aa mixed up with the added aa

havent tried it it
coz 011 looks more edged as 010 does by by default no ati/nvida stuff enabled

well iv just upped the antialising in the nvidia without touching anything else well i try not to everytime i do there is a different experience to the gameplay which is weird, iv actually tried upping the antialisng players are more switched on don't know if im going crazy with pes 2011, soon or later i need a medical checkup because of this game

I think if they fix the collision system and add some quicker animations/better transitions, the game will flow a lot smoother and play a LOT better. These improvements will probably never be made though (these problems are inherent in Japanese games in general) and Konami is a Japanese game developer.

One thing i totally picked up on was that Konami as a company haven't really embraced new gen technology in terms of animations, natural movements etc..!

This game does need a patch to sort some of the nagging issues out, it's very 50/50 here, some are complain because they can't play and just want PES back and some here are championing for things which need sorting like player switching, collision detection, animations upgrade.

The problems i think really are mostly animation wise. There aren't enough animtions is this game, it's crazy there's seemilgy only 2 crossing animtions for every player and one dosen't trasist very well, same with some of the standingg shooting animaitons and especially the passing animtions in regards to long, hard areil and ground passes. Collsioins need more animations aswell in terms of how players fall etc..

Also goalkeepr animations are shite, they are progeramed pretty well, and can save you! but they dive around like smurfs rather than keepers! Again, clearly a lack in the amount of animtions available.

Really hop Konami sort out the player switching and green zone, bugs flaws in general! Also i do think and animations upgrade really is needed!

Thing is the gave is very free, and isn't on rails like every other football agme so the basic animations we have a very dynamic and allow you to pass and move whereever you want realitve tot he players stats!

Also I see people moaning about the AI being stupid? Really fucking hell, talk about people knowing nothing about the game and moaning about he game not fitting what they want rather than understanding what it's simulating. "Defenders run back to the goal"? What you expect them to stand their like lemons and let you in on goal or charge at you for you to easily walk past them? If the guy who said this had actually played football as a center back you should know the AI in terms of defensive positioning is superb in this game. You supposed to in real life hold a line around about infront of your area. not just stand around or all charge at the attacker!

Also if your finding it easy, why play with Barca for fuck sake? It's supposed to be easy with Barca, premium teams etc.. infact when it's hard with Barca it's mainly because the AI is cheating badly!

ball physics seem wonky sometimes, i cleared a ball from my own penalty area with a full power long pass, the ball was rocketing into the sky across the entire pitch to go out behind the opponents goal... just one of many examples...
online ranked match game difficulty should be set to pro instead of regular, would decrease the stupid AI exploits somewhat i guess..

Agree 100% There's a issue with the amount of power relative to the animation when you press the power bar at full for a lob pass!

Also the regular difficulty online is what makes gives those cheesers the license to play their shit football and for it to work to an extent. The game players a lot better on top player

Last edited:
@ prime
:BEER:

lol, listen...
try this, to completely drive u maaaad
:

15 minutes gameplay on top player
gamespeed 0
stadium wembley in night-winter
pre render frames 0
vsync enabled via settings.exe
no frame skip
turn on aa and af filter via nvidia

then:
10 minutes on professional
gamespeed 0
stadium truenfo on day-summer
pre render frames 1
vsync off
no aa no af

pls try and write me :D :D

My opinion:
And the issues I hate in PES 2011:

a)How is it possible that Iniesta or Messi track down a heavier and bigger opponent and they just knock them of their feet when jostling?
b)It is too easy to score goals with through balls, you just make the 1-2 and pass the ball between 2 or 3 defenders and even if there is only a player against 3, he wins the ball.
c)The CPU apparently doesn't know the meaning of the word "fatigue" because they can just run around the pitch like horses and they can keep on running even if they've been playing for 90 minutes or even more (extra time); but when you run with any player since the first minute, your player is already dead in the 70th minute.
d)Defenders catch up pretty easily and fast with a player that used to have like a 3-meter distance (maybe it is more diffucult if you have Messi or someone similar).

Agree with d)
Especially if you have players with superb raw speed + acceleration but quite average dribble speed + accuracy like Eto'o

@ prime
:BEER:

lol, listen...
try this, to completely drive u maaaad
:

15 minutes gameplay on top player
gamespeed 0
stadium wembley in night-winter
pre render frames 0
vsync enabled via settings.exe
no frame skip
turn on aa and af filter via nvidia

then:
10 minutes on professional
gamespeed 0
stadium truenfo on day-summer
pre render frames 1
vsync off
no aa no af

pls try and write me :D :D

mate iv never ever tried pre render at 0, but guess what amazing and i can't beleive this, i'm shell shocked, i thought pre render at 0 was suppose to hurt performance when it actually made the game much better in every aspect, wtf? pre render at 0 is so good i guess with a 9800gt gpu, im now letting the gpu handle the game rather than the cpu, thanks for that mate this is wierd but im gona leave the frame on 0 in the nvidia setting, crazy crazy, iv tried the first option haven't tried the second one though but im lovin the pre render at 0 even the lag from the xbxo 360 gamepad is gone much better thanks!!! cheers buddy! let you know soon what else has happened on 0 i wanna play pes 2011 now see ya soon

thats a byproduct tbh, i didnt know that it cud help u :p

the first one shud just show that the gamespeed is slow
the second fast
considering all settings i know that affect gamespeed
so first one is slow second fast

-
i figured out that setting aa via ati isnt good, looks worse than default so i think konami has its own aa by default like 010
-

so the best setup for u wud be like this:
(as i see that ur all for response)
some portuguese stadium(look in my gamespeed stadia thread) on day-summer condition(for friendlys)
pre render 0
frame skip off
no aa, no af filter
vsync off
(for me enable vsync is still good response thats up to u)

Back
Top Bottom