1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Structure plz!

Discussion in 'The Site' started by Tyrant, 1 November 2006.

1. Tyrant

Tyrant Die Hard

2 February 2006
    The Editing forum is one huge mess atm. PES6 and PES5, kits, balls, faces.. It's really hard to find good things now, because I really need to update my GDB folder, it's very old. I want a 06/07 uni folder, but where to search?

2. BBL

BBL Non-League

31 October 2006
    I agree with you, Im a newcomer and I think that PES5 and 6 should have their own seperate forums and subforums.

3. Tyrant

Tyrant Die Hard

2 February 2006
    -PES5
    ----Faces
    ----Kits
    ----Boots
    ----Balls
    ---Stadiums
    -PES6
    ----Faces

etc.

Much more logical.

4. Tom

Tom likes turtles Staff

12 December 2001
    Hamburg
    We're currently thinking of introducing a separate area for PES 6. We're not gonna throw in different areas for each and every editable graphics, though, cause that's just gonna tear things apart. Our editing area works great the way it is, even though it might look confusing at first sight.

Sometimes a whole package offers more than a "clean" looking separated structure.

5. dap019

dap019 FaceMaster

6 October 2005
    I agree with Tyrant. With subforums is better. Having a sinlge editing forum makes one thread go to the 3rd page in a few hours after being created, due to all the people that posts in this forums.
    In this way is hard to find things without having to surf 6 pages :S

looking forward to have an organized editing forum for an easier navigation.

6. JayM

JayM International

17 April 2004
    North Yorkshire
    Celtic
    Doesn't pretty much everything edited for PES5 work for PES6 too?

7. Curse

Curse Conference

2 September 2006
    Porto, Portugal
    FCPorto
    I also think that with subforuns the forum would work better

8. dap019

dap019 FaceMaster

6 October 2005
    Well, I'm not asking to do different sections for Pes 5 and Pes 6, just organize the editing forums in Faces, Kits (there are millions of editors with their own threads) and another one for all other editing areas, stadiums (not many stadium makers), balls (the same), menues, etc.

that would be the best IMO.

9. Tom

Tom likes turtles Staff

12 December 2001
    Hamburg
    Okay, we'll think of something over the weekend.

10. mrblick

mrblick League 2

24 October 2005
    Arsenal
    what about an area for all in game edited stuff?

11. Tom

Tom likes turtles Staff

12 December 2001
    Hamburg
    That's called an "option file" and can be found in our download area.

12. mrblick

mrblick League 2

24 October 2005
    Arsenal
    well ok, not an option file, as in people giving out how to make kits

i would download an option file, but have a max drive

13. Tom

Tom likes turtles Staff

12 December 2001
    Hamburg
    Surely there's a "don't" missing, eh? Option files are tailored for use with max drives.

14. copel

copel Non-League

26 September 2004
    Rouen
    AS Roma & PSG
    hi all

can you make a section "FACES" please ?? it's just for a better visibiliby of pages... ;)

++

15. mrblick

mrblick League 2

24 October 2005
    Arsenal
    well pretty much, damn my typing, i DONT have a max drive

16. BBL

BBL Non-League

31 October 2006
    I agree that tyrant it's too confusing to us newcomers.

For example Im trying to find 2176297's goodison park I do a search for goodison park by user 2176297 and it displays a link to the thread. I knew what thread it is but I dont know what page it is.. the thread is 240 pages long!

17. Mart

Mart Executive Janitor Staff

28 February 2002
    NYC
    Darlington FC
    If you choose to show the search results as posts you can choose exactly which post you want to enter the thread at.

18. Dominic

Dominic Serie A Staff

19 August 2003
    Netherlands
    A little bit of structure wouldn't hurt.

19. Mart

28 February 2002
    NYC
    Darlington FC
    I never said it would. :)

Ok so looking through, splitting it up a bit but not into game-specific levels as dap019 suggested would seem to be the best way. So instead of PES 6 we would have:

Editing Forum
    -Faces
    -Kits
    -Other

In-game edits can stay in the main editing forum.

Coupling that with guidelines on how to post a thread, e.g. a [PS2] or [PC] prefix etc. would also probably help.

Comments?

20. Dominic

Dominic Serie A Staff

19 August 2003
    Netherlands
    Go for it :).

21. JayM

JayM International

17 April 2004
    North Yorkshire
    Celtic
    I like just the one forum, but whatever. :p

22. PLF

PLF Legend

2 August 2004
    Meh... we kinda went through this whole thing a few weeks ago.. didn't we? :-s

Me, JayM and a lot of people prefer and like things just the way they are though I'm not really against a little good structuring as I've stated before as well either.

And obviously there is those who think some changes being made would be for the better...

We took a vote or something about this in a thread that led to nowhere in actual 'editing forum' a few weeks ago and I also thought that Kezz somewhere said.. things would be staying pretty much the way they are. Though I don't exactly remember where I saw that and if I'm completely right or not.. (my memory's a bit sketchy since it was a while ago... ).

So I personally kinda thought this whole issue was pretty much over with until I saw this thread bumped again.

23. miguel.

miguel. International

29 March 2004
    Portugal
    SL Benfica
    My position is exactly the same as PLF's one. I agree with everything he has been saying.
    One of the things I like the most at Evo is that nothing is splitted. I love this structure, because after a thread about kits we find one about stadiums, then about faces...
    I hate those forums that have a different category for each thing: one for faces of black people, another for faces of white people... :roll:

And I personally don't understand those people who keep complaining about the time they must take to find a thread about faces they're looking for. It takes 15 seconds using the Search function!

24. Mart

28 February 2002
    NYC
    Darlington FC
    I did mention to Kezz that maybe a guide post stickied to let people know the best way of using the forum would help.