Streaming Media Players?

Placebo

Ԁlɐɔǝqo
3 May 2003
Orrefors, Sweden.
Sheffield Wednesday
Wondering if anyone has much experience with one of these? We're making our apartment puppy proof and right now we have a 20m HDMI cable that runs from my office out to the hall then into the bedroom where our 42" HDTV is and we watch all TVShows/Movies direct from the PC that way, am thinking about getting a wireless media player of some sort which will be connected to the TV (obviously) and stream the video content directly from my PC, so far the best options seem to be:

Popcorn Hour A-200

popcorn_hour_a200_1.jpg

Or maybe the slightly cheaper option of:

Egreat EG-M34A

2010032310410028PM.jpg

One of the pluses of the Popcorn Hour A-200 is it has built in torrent/usenet downloading capability so it's not even necessary to download stuff in your PC then copy/transfer over to the media player as it does that itself assuming you put a HDD drive inside.

Bitter told me about the Popcorn Hour player quite a bit ago

It plays all files including the popular MKV's (which the 360 doesn't like) at 720p/1080p with DTS HD, Dolby HD ect ect

With the streaming and downloading features they have now as well, its a brilliant piece of kit

Yeah just ordered it plus the wifi dongle for it, seems really good and obviously the fact you can download the stuff directly onto it as well as stream from your PC means it makes life much simpler, not sure how you actually get the nzb's onto it and extract the videos but I guess I'll figure that out soon enough :)

Back
Top Bottom