Stat editing on PS3 to improve gameplay

There isnt an editor for the PS3 version, so I began editing all the players mamually in a bid to change the gameplay.

I tried some stat editing on a few clubs and got the game playing a lot better in my oppinion.

I raised the Mentallity, Aggression and Teamwork by 6 or 9 depending on how low it was for each player. Then also increased the short passing speed by 3 and the agility, response and balance by 2.

Then depending on how quick you want the game to play, I increased the speed and acceleration by one or two.

I did this with Milan, Inter, Barca, Man U, Arsenal, Juventus and Newcastle and played games for a few hours between the teams.

The games seemened more realistic, the other team kept the ball better and attacked in more varied and realistic patterns and were much harder to beat.

Some of teams seemed a little easier to play such as Juventus and Arsenal, so I increased their mentality again and they became very difficult to beat.

I don't think there will be an editor by the sounds of it - too hard to crack the file or something?

Anyway, I'll be tweaking mine once we get the November update. Obviously teamwork is a must. What does the mentality stat do?

I usually lower the aggresion of the forwards to stop them chasing down the opposition, can't remember if I boosted it foe defenders.

Maybe if we lot put our heads together we can join forces and devide the stat editing??

Best to do it after the November update and the WE blog OF with the kits and teams and Bundesliga and all the other updates are added

True, u in then Rad?
They have been pleading Compulsion on Pesfan for a next gen editor so maybe he'll cave in to the pressure...Heres hopin'

I know I will have to start again when final OF’s are released, but I was surprised at how fast this can be done.

I am very happy with how Inter, Juventus and Arsenal ended up after only some very quick editing and playing as them and against them a few times.

Although it takes longer than using in an editor, I found myself correcting stuff that would have been missed using global editing, such as the Arsenal team being underrated or some players who would have became way too good if they just had stat adjustments blindly applied.

I will post the OF up when I get home and people can try it.

I find that Mentality and Teamwork dictates how well a team keep the ball, pass around, attack and defend. If you keep raising these on a team they will be much harder to beat. I think this makes it more realistic as it easy to beat teams team in the game who should be very good, yet as they have few very fast players don’t seem to attack that well or get closed down too quick.

I increase the passing speed slightly and the response and agility to slightly increase the pace of the games, but use heightened aggression so that the players are closed down faster.

If people want to share the work of editing a final OF, I would be up for that, but as I don’t think there is a way to add specific team from different OF’s, we would need have one file that was worked on at different times and people would need to let everyone else know when they were working on it and what teams they were doing and then re-upload the updated file to be available for others.

Thinking about it, without an OF Editor we can't change the defaults so any changes won't be recognised in BAL or ML - or am I wrong?

Maybe the stats would change but would the formations? I will investigate over the weekend.

All the players in the game DO play the same.

If you aim a pass with a good passer like Beckham or Lampard, its no different to aiming a pass with a shit player noone has ever heard of.

If you aim a shot with a good finisher like Owen or Torres, it never feels any different to a defender who noone has ever heard of.

The only true difference you can feel in Pro Evo (or Fifa for that matter) is if one player is faster than another.

The only true difference you can feel in Pro Evo (or Fifa for that matter) is if one player is faster than another.
Pick a Tranmere striker in the arena and try ten shots. Then pick Rooney and try again. If you tell me you score the same amount of shots with both then you're a liar.

Any more than a tap of the button with a Tranmere player (especially a defender) and the ball will exit the stadium. With a Premier League player you can actually power it up a bit and get some "woomph" behind it. I've played 46 league games with Tranmere and 90% of the goals are tap-ins. Playing with good strikers you can score some belters of goals, from all angles. So it's definitely not just "one player is faster than another".

That's not to say it's totally realistic, it seems impossible to hit a low hard shot in FIFA and that's a real shame (criminal in-fact) because guys like Rooney and Gerrard score like that all the time. But I'm just saying, there is a definite difference between good players and crap players.

I don't know if it's like that in Pro Evo, but I've noticed the shooting in both games is way too sensitive.

Stat editing does very little in reality.

PES6 is the perfect example. It was AWFUL, it barely had any relation to a football game - it felt more like rugby actually. But with a lot of careful editing, it became a game I played solidly the whole year.

Stat edits do make a difference.

Here is a file I have been working on -

http://files.filefront.com/Chimps+PS3+Editzip/;12165365;/fileinfo.html

It has edited stats for the teams -

AC Milan
Inter Milan
Roma
Lazio
Juventus
Lyon
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Chelsea
Man Utd
Liverpool
Arsenal
Newcastle

This uses the option file by Christosri as a base with strips and names changed and has stats edited for the above teams.

Each team has been edited so that they should be more life like to control, whilst being harder to play against.

Can people let me know what they think of it and I will continue working on other teams. When you play matches, I would use one of these teams and play against another one of them, to get a full feel of the changes made to the gameplay.

If you edit formations and stats, then start a BAL - only the formations will change in BAL.

The stats will remain the Default stats.

We're going to need an Editor for stats.

Totally agree with this. With accurately edited stats then PES becomes like a totally different game. It's my belief that you get out of this game what you're prepared to put into it. :))

could someone write down the stats of Puygrenier that was in Nancy before the 1.2 patch but now in not in Zenit?! Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom