Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Camera is a bit of a pain sometimes but I suppose I will get used to that and learn to live with it. Sometimes the force doesn't pick up things but if you press the lockon button it registers the same thing that you wanted to pickup in the first place so I find that quite strange. Why wouldn't it just pickup with Force in the first place?!
I think the more levels that are available on full game will make this a lot more interesting (obviously).
I think I will buy it and can always trade it in after a while if I don't like it anyway.

I agree that it is pretty short, but there is a lot of replayability. I really enjoyed the gameplay, it took some getting used to but once I did, things got pretty fun. Looking forward to this, for sure.

However, I may be going the PC route as I have all the Dark Forces and Jedi Academy games on PC and there is something to be said for mapping all the powers to the mouse, I still really enjoy flicking the mouse and throwing storm troopers off of the various bottomless pits in the Star Wars Universe. Not quite the same on the 360.
unfortunatelyits not coming out on the pc and there was even a large petition about it has this was born and raised in pc's back in the day. they stabbed pc users in the back period. http://www.petitiononline.com/g5d4iu5f/petition.html

Sometimes the force doesn't pick up things but if you press the lockon button it registers the same thing that you wanted to pickup in the first place so I find that quite strange.

There is a force meter that drains, if its empty or near empty you can't pick things up. Could this be the problem?

forced (groan) myself to finish the demo just now and it's not as bad as i thought last night - but theres still something not right about it for me. It feels like a PS2 game with next gen effects and nothing new.

Last edited:
There is a force meter that drains, if its empty or near empty you can't pick things up. Could this be the problem?

Didn't realise that. You are probably right. I will have another go later to see if that's the problem.

Cheers.

As I said yesterday to Milanista, the force meter is useless.
Because most of the time ennemis are far from you, so you wait the bar is full to continue playing. It ruins the action.

Maybe it's not the same later during the game, but for me it's a problem.

I enjoyed the demo. I see what tuta means, but then I still ran close and used my lightsaber. Only main problem is the speed, it felt way too fast. Other than that, I'm going to buy this game.

The trailer at the end of the demo is very nice indeed. As the apprentice levels up and develops new skills, the different ways of kicking emperial and rebel ass will probably be awesome.

May the Force be with you. :)

Did anyone try lifting a Tie Fighter??? I did it by mistake and killed about 5 stormtroopers. I also love the animations of bodies shaking after getting electrocuted.

I've downloaded this for my Xbox 360, and the LucasArts intro movie makes the console crash every time. :eh:

EDIT: I left it on the frozen screen for a couple of minutes while I went to get a drink, and when I got back it started moving again. Perhaps it's fragmentation of the drive or something but it happens with a lot of videos I download from Marketplace.

Anyway, I'm not a big Star Wars fan (only seen the first two so far), not a big Star Wars games fan (KOTOR sounds good but I've never played it). Saying all that, I really enjoyed this. It's a bit too simple for my liking, everyone dies with one hit, but the Tie Fighter bit at the end was great. Tempted to buy this now.

Last edited:
:LOL:

It is pretty bad.

KOTOR is a superb game too, one of my all-time favourites.

:LOL:

It is pretty bad.

KOTOR is a superb game too, one of my all-time favourites.

Dags, you know KOTOR I was rated to have the best twist in video game history? (Maybe it was 2nd I cant remember tbh) KOTOR II was also in the top 10. I really can't wait for part III.

I might get KOTOR if my laptop will handle it. I played the XBox version originally.

I can't remember much about the KOTOR story, I remember the twist though :))

Really great games.

Edit: Just remembered I still have my XBox, I might get it back out and play KOTOR on that again :DD

Last edited by a moderator:
I've downloaded this for my Xbox 360, and the LucasArts intro movie makes the console crash every time. :eh:

EDIT: I left it on the frozen screen for a couple of minutes while I went to get a drink, and when I got back it started moving again. Perhaps it's fragmentation of the drive or something but it happens with a lot of videos I download from Marketplace.

Anyway, I'm not a big Star Wars fan (only seen the first two so far), not a big Star Wars games fan (KOTOR sounds good but I've never played it). Saying all that, I really enjoyed this. It's a bit too simple for my liking, everyone dies with one hit, but the Tie Fighter bit at the end was great. Tempted to buy this now.

It didn't freeze for me, but from the intro screen to the menu, it was very choppy and paused for half a second a few times. Gameplay was fine though.

Didn't think much of the demo. Seemed cool initially but after a few minutes, it's just your typical bash-em-up with a Star Wars coating.

I'll pass.

Found it pretty boring. I can't understand how they put a lot of techincal innovations (euphoria...) and succeed into not making it shine at any time in the demo...

The demo has a lot bad sides, i hate the camera some mistakes in fights!
Graphics are not real next gen.. the hangar looks to clean but very good star wars feeling.

The Force Unleashed demo breaks XBLM download record

It's not just stormtroopers and trees that have been splintered by Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, but download records as well. LucasArts announced that the game's Xbox Live demo has force choked download records for the service, surpassing a million downloads in just eight days following its August debut -- a feat one day better than the previous record according to the company.

Boasting further, LucasArts adds that together with the game's PSN demo, The Force Unleashed appetizer has been downloaded more than 2.3 million times worldwide. Most impressive, though we wonder how many people gave up their place in line camped out waiting for the game's September 16 release in order to actually try it out.

The Force Unleashed getting Luke, Obi-Wan costumes, new missions
lukeunleashed.jpg

Though it's fun unleashing the Force, wouldn't it be better if you could unleash the Force while pretending you're a good Jedi that has completely lost his mind? The people at LucasArts seem to think so: They'll be releasing new costumes for The Force Unleashed's single-player campaign this fall, including Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ki-Adi-Mundi, and Kit Fisto. We've put an "in-game" picture of Fisto after the break, but he looks more like he's been pasted in from the cover of a Star Wars novel.
kitfisto.jpg

And later this year, look for a new mission in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, where the Apprentice will "learn more about his father, and while searching through the rubble of the destroyed building he must confront his inner demons."

Neither the price nor specific dates for either of the DLC packs has yet been unleaashed

Back
Top Bottom