Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Saw this on Qore last week and i've lost interest.

The lead designer kept repeating himself saying how the game will be over the top, you'll have never before seen powers and never before seen enemies and the game will have over the top action against never before seen enemies and you can you your unseen over the top powers on them.

Seemed like they had designed a shite arcade game, bought the star wars license and just mixed the two together.

Why can't they just give us a star wars game set in the real star wars universe and stop all of the 'we want to add something never before seen and hope everyone likes it, and then its in the next movie and we get millions for the idea'

After playing SoulCalibur4, I really want this game, more than before. The Apprentice has a great fighting style and with the use of the Force it's going to be better.

Not sure if US and UK or just US only. On Thursday for both 360 and PS3.

Lucasarts rattled our mailbox this morning to let us know that, starting Thursday, you'll be able to download a demo for their upcoming Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. It'll be one level - a Tie Fighter construction facility - and will involve some kind of Jedi general and a whole big, Corellian ship's load of fighting. It'll be released on both 360 and PS3 on the same day, so no need for complaining on that account.

http://kotaku.com/5038119/on-august-21-a-force-unleashed-demo

OK thanks. My boy has been looking forward to this so I won't mention it to him yet just incase it's not for UK.

Activision Blizzard has told Eurogamer that a demo for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed will be available this Thursday on Xbox 360 and PS3 and detailed its contents.

The sampler casts you as the Secret Apprentice, sent by Darth Vader to duff up some Jedi bloke who is smashing up a TIE Fighter construction facility. The Force Grip power will come in handy, and no witnesses can be left alive.

This Dark Side focus carries on throughout Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, where our Secret Apprentice gains strength as Vader's student, flexing infinitely more interesting Dark Side powers such as Force Choke and Force Lightning.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is heading to Xbox 360 and PS3 on 19th September. Alternate versions will be available for Wii, DS, PS2 and PSP on the same day.

The demo is very very short and not great. It seems difficult to use the Force, wait and see.

The demo is very very short and not great. It seems difficult to use the Force, wait and see.

I agree that it is pretty short, but there is a lot of replayability. I really enjoyed the gameplay, it took some getting used to but once I did, things got pretty fun. Looking forward to this, for sure.

However, I may be going the PC route as I have all the Dark Forces and Jedi Academy games on PC and there is something to be said for mapping all the powers to the mouse, I still really enjoy flicking the mouse and throwing storm troopers off of the various bottomless pits in the Star Wars Universe. Not quite the same on the 360.

I hated it - really twitchy camera and MGS 2 style movement. Reminds me of the previous bad star wars games on the ps2. Just a typical generic star wars game - can't see anything special in it other than it has the words star wars on it. I got as far as jumping down off awalkway and fighting with a load of guys below and it screamed out 'bad camera design - bad fighting mechanism - bad controls - crap ai.

Battlefield star wars and lego star wars are way better than this - i want another BF Star Wars game.

Randomly how come the character looks nothing like he does in Soul Calibur 4 and what the feck is up with Darth's voice? At least get someone in who sounds a little like Darth!

Ah right. I didn't like that much. I might get the demo of Unleashed tonight.

Back
Top Bottom